Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 4 wires that I need to run outside, one 3 gauge wire for my amp and 3 smaller 14 gauge wires for my p.a. In the past I have ran them through my firewall in the passenger-side but water runs into my truck from the a/c drain that is also located there. Anyone know of other ways to run wires to the battery? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I went through an existing hole that was plugged with one of those plastic thingy's. The hole was under the pass seat in good spot for my application. I then ran the wire zip tied up against the frame up to a "cavity" between the fender liner and the firewall along side of a factory wiring harness. Have had two different amp power wires run this way with no ill effects to speak of, however I don't ever go off-road or anything.

Btw, I took a punch inserted into the hole and then gave it a good twist towards the back of the truck. That gave more of a good transition flaring the front of the hole upward, and the rear half of the hole downward. After my first power wire was removed, I gave it a VERY thorough inspection, and you couldn't even tell it was touching anything.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: Twhittle14

·
Registered
255 Posts
I ran my 4g under my truck, out through a pre-existing grommet behind the rear passenger seat. It's heavy-duty marine qualified cable from KnuKoncepts, I covered the entire length with wire loom and ran it up above the frame, alongside another cable bundle that powered the rear lights. Worked fine. You need to make sure you get good cable for this.

All that said I'm a bit paranoid and so I will probably be re-running it in coming weeks the traditional way, up through the passenger firewall inside the truck. It's one of those stupid little things I know is going to nag me until I do it over.

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
can it be done, of course. should it be done, it is better not to.

·
Registered
67 Posts
You could do what most do and just drill your own hole run the wires through a grommet and once the wires are ran and hooked up silicone the wires and grommet. THat will keep it water tight and will work just fine. I prefer to just drill my own hole wherever is most convenient and run wires through it. Easier and saves time screwin around lookin for one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts