Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 with four wheel drive. I have the AFR sensors in the manifolds and the O2 sensors in the b-pipes.

I just had Uprev install Long Tubes and Berk B-pipes. I picked it up yesterday but just got under it today to look at the stuff and noticed they had capped off the bungs on the Berk's. The O2 sensors are gone, the plug they attach to is sitting bare-ended (not good, need to at least cover that).

Since no one else has mentioned getting rid of the O2 sensors, I am wondering why Uprev did that? any thoughts? It's tuned and not throwing any codes despite the total absence of O2 sensors. They hadn't mentioned they were going to do that (or keep my sensors), so I am going to call tomorrow to ask but wondered if anyone else is running without O2 sensors and not getting codes.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Get your sensors back they are worth 125 each.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No kidding, surprised they kept them and didn't say anything about taking them off.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am sure they did, just surprised the O2 sensors aren't needed at all - I guess I thought their numbers would help tune it. Apparently it's just AFR that matters and the O2's are useless.

Would still like the sensors back though.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I am sure they did, just surprised the O2 sensors aren't needed at all - I guess I thought their numbers would help tune it. Apparently it's just AFR that matters and the O2's are useless.

Would still like the sensors back though.
Are the O2 sensors needed? I know you can bypass the codes with a tune... but are they really needed?

·
Registered
569 Posts
I hope there not needed lol i dont have any. I havnt had any problem and i have had my Stillen LT headers for 2 yrs

·
Registered
469 Posts
That set of O2 sensors is only to tell if the cat is functioning properly, they have no affect on how your truck will run. I have no cats just straight 2.5" b-pipes and had Uprev block the code. I went with straight 2.5" because my 2.25" with high flow cats was robbing power believe it or not.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Just curious, can you clear the codes with the bullydog tuner or no?

·
Registered
469 Posts
You should be able to clear them, but not block the code it will continue to come back if you have no cats or bad cats.

Reactions: slater_pro4x

·
Banned
4,217 Posts
That set of O2 sensors is only to tell if the cat is functioning properly, they have no affect on how your truck will run. I have no cats just straight 2.5" b-pipes and had Uprev block the code. I went with straight 2.5" because my 2.25" with high flow cats was robbing power believe it or not.
it wasnt the 2.25 pipes that were robbing the hp it was the cats...unless you have cams you will lose power and be slower with 2.5 b pipes...its been track tested a few times..

·
Registered
469 Posts
My 0-60 mph dropped by .4 with larger b-pipes? I know how my truck runs it truly does like 2.5" b-pipes I am running a 6.7 sec 0-60 on 35/12.5/20's at 4500' above sea level. Before the best I could do was 7.2-7.3 sec with HF cats and 2.25" b-pipes. I have done numerous data logs and promise you the difference was very noticeable. I know that I have read many posts saying that 2.25" was the way to go but my truck must be the exception. I also noticed that the climb from about 60-85 is much quicker.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts