Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone..new to the site and just purchased an '04 Titan SE.

I live in the great North so winters are common place. I'm going to get my truck Rust Checked, but wanted to know if people think it is truly effective in preventing rust? Cost is 152 taxes included.

Thanks
Craig

·
Registered
57 Posts
jiggadog said:
Hello everyone..new to the site and just purchased an '04 Titan SE.

I live in the great North so winters are common place. I'm going to get my truck Rust Checked, but wanted to know if people think it is truly effective in preventing rust? Cost is 152 taxes included.

Thanks
Craig
It may not prevent it completely but it won't hurt. If you look under any ten year old vehicle in Wisconsin, where I live, you can tell which ones had rust proofing and which ones didn't. Personally it's a bit expensive but can help your resale down the line.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
beermunk said:
It may not prevent it completely but it won't hurt. If you look under any ten year old vehicle in Wisconsin, where I live, you can tell which ones had rust proofing and which ones didn't. Personally it's a bit expensive but can help your resale down the line.

yeah i agree it is a bit pricey, but i plan on keeping the truck a long time and by doing this hope it will last longer

·
Registered
978 Posts
if they salt the roads where you live, i would recommend some form of rust proofing. When i lived in that climate, i would always get my vehicles oiled every fall, and like Beermunk said, after 10 years you could sure tell a difference between my vehicle (jeep) that had it, and the ones that didn't. The most i paid for oiling was $65, and that was 10 years ago. Sometimes i did it myself, either oil in a can with an air hose and siphon set-up, or with the aerosol cans of rustproofing you can buy at any autoparts store.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts