Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get my CC LE in May (the wait is killing me) and am looking onto rustproofing. They use a lot of salt on the roads up here so rustproofing is a must. I can either get it done through Nissan or done aftermarket. What do you guys think is better? I am looking primarily for the better quality product and who will do the best job.

Thanks for your responses.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Predat0r said:
I get my CC LE in May (the wait is killing me) and am looking onto rustproofing. They use a lot of salt on the roads up here so rustproofing is a must. I can either get it done through Nissan or done aftermarket. What do you guys think is better? I am looking primarily for the better quality product and who will do the best job.

I had Nissan do the rustproofing on mine. It was part of the Protection Package that I got when I bought the truck. They did the body, interior and fabric. I got it due to the guarantee on the interior: If anything stains the vehicle that cannot be cleaned by a professional cleaning company (in our area, ServiceMaster), they actually replace the entire piece of fabric.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
I have always heard that it is better to get your vehicle rustproofing done through the dealership because they know where all of the drain holes are in the bed, bottom of the doors, etc. that are specific to your vehicle for rainwater to drain out. If just one of these drain holes gets covered, you are better off without protection. They also are aware of the specific things that are not to be sprayed-linkages, hot zones, etc.

·
Registered
250 Posts
How often does the Nissan dealer rustproofing need to be applied?
Doesn't the frame and body already have factory applied corrosion protection?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Here's my two cents on the rustproofing..... I have been using Zeibart for many years. My Ford F150 that was rustproofed in 1997 has aprox. 200K miles and absolutely no sign of rust whatsoever. With all my vehicles in the past, I have never had a problem with rust. It comes with a lifetime warranty they will replace fenders, doors,tailgates etc... and repaint. It is also transferable to the next owner of the vehicle. The Nissan dealers in my area just send there vehicles out to a shop to get them rustproofed, they are not actually done at the dealer. They have contracts with these shops. Having said that, I do not go with the Zeibart interior protection plan. I go with the dealership interior appearance package. Basically, as stated earlier, they will replace/repair any stained panel ect. that can't be cleaned or fixed for five years. It's tough to beat that (especially with kids) :) This might have been more like fifty cents :computern

·
Registered
250 Posts
Deepwater said:
Here's my two cents on the rustproofing..... I have been using Zeibart for many years. My Ford F150 that was rustproofed in 1997 has aprox. 200K miles and absolutely no sign of rust whatsoever. :computern
How much did the Zeibart treatment cost on your Titan?

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Predat0r said:

I don't know if this is any good or not:

http://www.ruststopnorthamerica.com/

The U.S. Navy uses the same type of system on ships.

More than you ever wanted to know:

http://pwtc.nfesc.navy.mil/CathProt/Criteria/Corrosion Control Criteria_files/Mo307.pdf

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
outahere said:
How much did the Zeibart treatment cost on your Titan?
Outahere.... The cost of my Ziebart rust protection plan was $300.00. This included them applying a Sound Barrier coating on the underside of the truck. :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
I had mine rustproofed, undercoated, and diamond glossed at Ziebart, along with alarm + remote start for I think $800 and its $100 a year for inspection/re-application. Except for this year they didn't charge me, so I didn't ask questions haha.

In my area they changed management and were kind of a PIA to deal with for a couple years, but it has changed hands again and they've been great, never had a problem with the product though.

I have heard from a friend that's a car salesman that if you get the stuff done through the dealer (they send it to Ziebart) there's a bit of a markup but you dont have to pay the yearly fee, just something too look into before you make a decision.

·
Premium Member
4,160 Posts
You could move to Arizona we don't have to worry about rust here ..

·
Registered
216 Posts
shut it :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts