Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my S&B this morning. Drove around a good bit, on the way to work, after heavy acceleration running it up to redline, i notice my SES light begins to blink, it goes out after about 15 seconds. I think nothing of it. Start to come home and it comes on and stays lit.

I read it with UpRev and it said P0300.

I'm thinking either plugs (76k miles on original plugs)
or....Since I've got the 2* timing advance, maybe I'm beginning to have pre-detonation since I'm still running regular grade fuel.

Has anyone else experienced this after installing a S&B?

By no means am I bad mouthing S&B, I LOVE the intake, loud and a definite increase in power.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Reactions: nightowl

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bump on an old post. Installed my S&B last week...ran all week with no issues and then tonight pulled out of the driveway and noticed the CEL was on. Checked the code and its the P0300. Did a quick check of all the fittings and nothing is loose! Cleared the code and finished my run the to store...hasn't came back on yet. Any ideas?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good to hear you've never had issues while running the S&B. I was careful when doing the install but if it throws it again I'll clean the MAF. Checked all the fittings again and everything is snug. Hopefully it was just a random code?!

·
Registered
920 Posts
Good to hear you've never had issues while running the S&B. I was careful when doing the install but if it throws it again I'll clean the MAF. Checked all the fittings again and everything is snug. Hopefully it was just a random code?!
Did you unhook the negative battery terminal during installation? It said to do so in the instructions. I did during my installation, maybe that's why? Regardless good luck, I've been real happy with it.

·
Registered
455 Posts
to have a misfire from the intake I dont think is the issue, you mentioned uprev so You have a tune.
make sure the MAF is evenly installed not at an angle and the seal is good then check the boot between the intake and tb. If there are no issue there, you need a real scantool that can read cylinder contribution and isolate the cylinder and check if its coil or injector..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts