Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings fellow TT members. I have a few questions regarding the S&B Performance Filters CAI that some of you might have experience with. I was browsing through my TrailerLife magazine the other day and saw this company advertising CAI for diesels and gas engines. I did a search online and found that they make a CAI for the Titan for $238. Sounds like a good idea and something that I might be interested in purchasing in the near future. So the questions to you fellas are...

1. Do any of you have, or know someone who has, this CAI installed?
2. If so, do you know the HP and TQ gains over stock box?
3. Would it be worth my time to buy/install one without any other modifications to the engine (no TBS, exhaust, etc)? (I have a K&N drop in filter right now)
4. How does this CAI compare to the competition (AEM, Injen, K&N, Volant, etc.)?

Any other comments, or suggestions, are greatly appreciated. Please keep in mind that I have no plans right now on modifying my exhaust system in the near future.

Thanks fellas,

Juday :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
801 Posts
I have one, make sure you get the Gen 3 tube. Its the best bang for your buck CAI IMHO. HP and TQ numbers are some of the best from what I have heard from members that have dynoed the intake.

It is sorta loud, but the power is bolt on right there and after your stock ECU learns the new intake in about 200 miles - my truck will chirp the tires hitting second gear from a roll!! Totally kick a$$
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
I have one...I order directly from S&B so I was sure to get the most recent availiable. I like it but don't have any firm numbers to provide. If you search the ************** site you can find some numbers on HP and TQ gains. Hope this little bit helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
the **** in my last post was titantalk...:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Sorry..being Friday and all my fingers have a mind of their own...it should read search the clubtitan site.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,308 Posts
Juday said:
Greetings fellow TT members. I have a few questions regarding the S&B Performance Filters CAI that some of you might have experience with. I was browsing through my TrailerLife magazine the other day and saw this company advertising CAI for diesels and gas engines. I did a search online and found that they make a CAI for the Titan for $238. Sounds like a good idea and something that I might be interested in purchasing in the near future. So the questions to you fellas are...

1. Do any of you have, or know someone who has, this CAI installed?
2. If so, do you know the HP and TQ gains over stock box?
3. Would it be worth my time to buy/install one without any other modifications to the engine (no TBS, exhaust, etc)? (I have a K&N drop in filter right now)
4. How does this CAI compare to the competition (AEM, Injen, K&N, Volant, etc.)?

Any other comments, or suggestions, are greatly appreciated. Please keep in mind that I have no plans right now on modifying my exhaust system in the near future.

Thanks fellas,

Juday :cheers:
1. I have the SB CAI. I love it.
2. I believe the gains are 10 HP and 14 TQ
3. You will gain some ponies, but it won't be as noticeable if you don't have an exhaust. I would recommend a simple magnaflow muffler swap.
4. This is not an easy question to answer. I think this is the best, but someone else may have a different opinion. AFAIK, this CAI produces the greatest gains over any other intake.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Warp09 said:
1. I have the SB CAI. I love it.
2. I believe the gains are 10 HP and 14 TQ
3. You will gain some ponies, but it won't be as noticeable if you don't have an exhaust. I would recommend a simple magnaflow muffler swap.
4. This is not an easy question to answer. I think this is the best, but someone else may have a different opinion. AFAIK, this CAI produces the greatest gains over any other intake.
yep, and 99.999% were done with the old style tube NOT the gen 3 tube
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sweet deal fellas. That's the exact information I was looking for in the CAI. I'm glad to hear such positive reviews of the system, but I'm still unsure about one thing...go with the Gen 2 or the Gen 3?

P.S. I don't plan on advancing my timing or anything like that, I just want a little more romp on the stomp.

Also Wiscdave, you said it is sorta loud? Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Thanks for the feedback fellas, I sure do appreciate it :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,823 Posts
Warp09 said:
I had the gen 2 tube, put on the gen 3, and I pull way harder now.

Warp, not to say you aren't pulling better now, but without numbers, we will never know for sure. Expectations in the mind change butt dynos all the time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,823 Posts
Juday said:
Sweet deal fellas. That's the exact information I was looking for in the CAI. I'm glad to hear such positive reviews of the system, but I'm still unsure about one thing...go with the Gen 2 or the Gen 3?

P.S. I don't plan on advancing my timing or anything like that, I just want a little more romp on the stomp.

Also Wiscdave, you said it is sorta loud? Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Thanks for the feedback fellas, I sure do appreciate it :cheers:
It's loud at 1/3 or more throttle, otherwise it almost sounds like stock. I was startled by the noise the first time I nailed it...lol. Now, I like the sound because you control it whenever you want or dont want to hear it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,308 Posts
sudden urge said:
Warp, not to say you aren't pulling better now, but without numbers, we will never know for sure. Expectations in the mind change butt dynos all the time.
I'm not the only one who noticed. My brother, and my mom did. They both asked what I had changed, and I said the tube, and they said they could tell.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,823 Posts
Warp09 said:
Don't think so, no.
That might be the difference then.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
i just installed mine last night, so far so good. i really like the noise, its exactly what i was lookin for. i got mine from autoanything .com for $212 which is the cheapest i was able to find
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
I just added the S&B, along with the Magnaflow 18" muffler, and let me tell you, this things sounds like it is sucking a lot more air under the hood. You get above 2k rpm and it screams. My butt dyno tells me there is probably an additional 15-20hp with this combo. I am about 300 miles into these mods, so after 500 or so, the ecu should be finally adjusted.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top