Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Banned
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From customer feedback, yep yep. What I like about S&B is, S&B makes EVERYTHING in house. They make their filter in house, have the own plastic injection molding machine, for the box, the clamps, everything. This makes everything fit great, instead of paying a 3rd party to make the filter, make the box, make the connections. Everything fits like a glove, and it gives great instant power after installing.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
id love to get one of these and sell my Airaid....any local az guys want my airaid??

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
I have the S&B and AirRaid and the S&B was the top dog for years until the AirRaid came out. The AR flows about 33gms more than the S&B with my logging on the two intakes but I get 2 mpg more with the S&B. Can I tell a difference with the butt dyno? No. The finish of both intakes are great but the S&B is cheaper. The S&B stays on my Titan until track day.

·
Registered
919 Posts
From customer feedback, yep yep. What I like about S&B is, S&B makes EVERYTHING in house. They make their filter in house, have the own plastic injection molding machine, for the box, the clamps, everything. This makes everything fit great, instead of paying a 3rd party to make the filter, make the box, make the connections. Everything fits like a glove, and it gives great instant power after installing.
Your only about 2hrs from me. I live in montoursville PA. I'm still on the fence and with tax and handling, I'm not far off the airaid price. I have a bunch of stuff to install today, I'll think it over under the truck. Do you set up a booth at the eastern sports show? I'll be there in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
I have the S&B and AirRaid and the S&B was the top dog for years until the AirRaid came out. The AR flows about 33gms more than the S&B with my logging on the two intakes but I get 2 mpg more with the S&B. Can I tell a difference with the butt dyno? No. The finish of both intakes are great but the S&B is cheaper. The S&B stays on my Titan until track day.
My airaid rattles my door panel or something. it drives me nuts. S&B is quieter i'm hoping lol

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
My Volant rattles everything at full throttle and it sounds like everything is loose plus the fitment for the box sucks. I also have the filter fall off from time to time even though the hose clamp is practically crushing the intake tube. POS!

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
My S&B box rattled also but nothing a piece of rubber under the box didn't fix. Most CAI's will have some sort of resonance but a little trial and error will fix any of them.

·
Registered
919 Posts
This wont be an issue on my 2015 will it? I see it only says 2004-2007 on S&B's site. I dont know that anything has changed it looks just like my 06 under the hood.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
The location for all the major components will be the same. With that said, I bought an 08 Xterra intake for an 09 Xterra and Nissan had moved a horn bracket that year that interfered with the air box, but nothing that a mallet and some fine adjustments couldn't fix. :devil:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts