Nissan Titan Forum banner

S&B intake and free custom lids! Pic

6K views 59 replies 16 participants last post by  titan14 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#4 ·
From customer feedback, yep yep. What I like about S&B is, S&B makes EVERYTHING in house. They make their filter in house, have the own plastic injection molding machine, for the box, the clamps, everything. This makes everything fit great, instead of paying a 3rd party to make the filter, make the box, make the connections. Everything fits like a glove, and it gives great instant power after installing.

#9 ·
Your only about 2hrs from me. I live in montoursville PA. I'm still on the fence and with tax and handling, I'm not far off the airaid price. I have a bunch of stuff to install today, I'll think it over under the truck. Do you set up a booth at the eastern sports show? I'll be there in a couple weeks.

#5 ·
id love to get one of these and sell my Airaid....any local az guys want my airaid??

#6 ·
I have the S&B and AirRaid and the S&B was the top dog for years until the AirRaid came out. The AR flows about 33gms more than the S&B with my logging on the two intakes but I get 2 mpg more with the S&B. Can I tell a difference with the butt dyno? No. The finish of both intakes are great but the S&B is cheaper. The S&B stays on my Titan until track day.

#11 ·
My airaid rattles my door panel or something. it drives me nuts. S&B is quieter i'm hoping lol

#14 ·
My S&B box rattled also but nothing a piece of rubber under the box didn't fix. Most CAI's will have some sort of resonance but a little trial and error will fix any of them.

#19 ·
The location for all the major components will be the same. With that said, I bought an 08 Xterra intake for an 09 Xterra and Nissan had moved a horn bracket that year that interfered with the air box, but nothing that a mallet and some fine adjustments couldn't fix. :devil:

#23 ·
I was told by the folks at S&B the fitment issue is a simple one. On the new trucks you may have to lightly grind one corner of the air box, adjacent to the fender. Can't remember if it's the front or rear corner (thinking rear, but not sure) and obviously it's a case of check fit, remove a little and check again, repeat, if you need to.

#28 ·
I have an AirAid and its great. I don't understand how it can drop your MPG 2 MPG!? My truck gets an average of 10.5 MPG. I'd love 2 more MPG! Can someone explain??

#29 ·
so what is the main difference between the airaid and s&b. read the whole thread but all i really got was s&b fits very well and gain about 2mpg, and the airaid has slightly more performance? hows the sound between them?

#32 ·
Well, S&B flow tests every intake and re-designs it over and over until it's adjusted properly each vehicle model. S&B makes everything in house, while other companies design something on paper, send it overseas to be made, then just start selling it and hope for the best. Not every intake is created equal. I've sold them ALL, and S&B it what I recommend. It's affordable and I've never had one return! I've had returns on just about ever other intake.

I'm sure you could throw your current intake in the "for sale" section and someone will buy it for a decent price and you can try the S&B.

#30 ·
Hi,
I just installed my s&b intake and it is great love the choice. Also I'm looking to add a set of b pipes to go with my off road magnaflow exhaust and I saw a few without cats on them. Now my question is will cats or no cats affect emissions. if not what's the diffrence between not having them and having them.

Thanks,

Bart's titan

#31 ·
The manifold cats (stock manifolds) are the cats that keep the cel off. The bpipe cats can be deleted without a cel coming on. Look for 7-10 HP increase without a tune. Let's keep this thread on the S&B there are plenty bpipe threads. :)

#33 ·
Bought mine years ago and I love it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.