Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So easy to install and so mean sounding. The butt dyno feels massive gains, will be tested at the track soon, in the meantime I'll attach a picture and here's a link to a video of the truck with it from outside. It's worth a watch just to hear my crazy *** neighbor talking about the cops. And yeah I know it's filthy under my hood thanks to the desert I live in lol. :gunz:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=va2ga2OdTe0

Thanks again shailey.

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a slight whistle when barely applying gas is normal right? im pretty sure this thing is on tight but i'm paranoid. it sounds hella loud at wot but the whistle isnt at wot.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I don't have one on my Titan, but the Granatelli CAI I had on my Chebby whistled at low RPM (1500) ever so slightly. I think it's normal...

BTW, nice vids!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Mine whistles too.Around 1500 to 2000 rpm.Seems to do it under light throttle only.If im going uphill at the same rpm it does not do it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I ordered the S&B on the 24th and it hasn't shipped yet. They say a part is on backorder. I had to call to find out, they didn't even call to let me know it was on backorder. I'll post again when I install the intake with my Magnaflow exhaust. :gunz:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Sac_Titan said:
I ordered the S&B on the 24th and it hasn't shipped yet. They say a part is on backorder. I had to call to find out, they didn't even call to let me know it was on backorder. I'll post again when I install the intake with my Magnaflow exhaust. :gunz:
Where did you order it from?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Direct from S&B......I'd heard great things about their customer service but it seems someone is :smoke: ..........

·
Registered
322 Posts
Sac_Titan said:
Direct from S&B......I'd heard great things about their customer service but it seems someone is :smoke: ..........
I ordered mine from rpm outlet, hope they got it coming on time. I hope you get yours soon.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Got the s&b today, I installed it tonight, it makes a lot of noise to me at half to full throttle. But this is my 1st cai. We will see about the power tomorrow.
Rpmoutlet shipped it out on time, no problems,.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
congrats on getting them, i like mine enough, i need to hit the track again soon and see the diff between it and stock.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Have you guys tried sealing the intake box to the fender with 3M foam tape or something? It seems pretty loud a half throttle and I think the whistle is just the lack of seal to the fender well.

·
Registered
194 Posts
haha .. with my TBS .. and the S&B .. the whistle seems louder and more prominent in the fender .. you can hear the whooosh sucking sound in there mixed w/ the high pitched air whistle of the TBS .. i love it .. sealed the box to the fender w/ 3M weather stripping just for good measures .. still waiting on my new tube and lid to get here .. i love this thing

chris

·
Registered
322 Posts
my wife, rode in the truck today for the 1st time since the S&B cai, so I nailed the gas, and she said, I don't know what you did to your truck, but it sure sounds good.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts