Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just installed my S&B and I am a little dissapointed what $230 will buy you. The S&B Tube and box is SUPER smooth on the inside, so good for air flow. The Filter is MASSIVE, and you have a clear top to check it easy, those are the pro's. Some Cons though: No drain in the box for water. Only a single big opening for airflow. No rubber gasket around where the intake tube/filter go through the box so enough rubbing might start to wear on it.

So I have a fix/update to stock box mod. Instead of just cutting out the snorkle and adding a K&N or Amsoil drop in, Cut that whole side out. It will be a closed box similar to the S&B intake. And if you can find some piping from autozone or lowes, rig it up for a smooth intake tube. Cost might be $100 for both drop in filter and parts and it will be much better then stock.

Hope this helps someone! :hi:

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
You don't need a drain hole in the intake box for water unless you intend to drive through streams when off-roading. If that's the case, by all means drill a 1/4" diameter hole in the box bottom. The filter is designed with that thick rubber taper so it seals against the box opening. That was a brilliant design on their part. There is no wear from rubbing because the engine torques perpendicular to the box. My original four year old S&B filter has absolutely no wear on the rubber where it seals against the box.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well then ok. Thanks.

I hit a few puddles at speed and got some water all over the old box so I just wanted to make sure.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Well then ok. Thanks.

I hit a few puddles at speed and got some water all over the old box so I just wanted to make sure.
I got a pre filter for mine, keeps dust, dirt & water off of the s&b filter. The s&b cai is one of the best on the market. Its $230 because they don't rape people like some of the other cai companies. You can spend $100 more on another & get the same results.

Reactions: Fly boy
1 - 4 of 4 Posts