Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start by saying I really love the front end of the Titan. Especially with all of the chrome. After seeing a couple of posts with billet grills on the Titan I gotta say they look pretty damn good. Particularly the ones that you can keep the Nissan emblem and the rest of the original chrome grille.

Questions for owners that either have a Titan with the grille or past experience with another truck.

1. On the Titan, how destructive is the installation? Are you cutting out all of the black plastic? Or does it unbolt/unscrew (sorry, i didn't look on my truck)

2. Any particular brand better than the next?

3. How well do they hold up over time. I am going to keep this truck 5-8 years. It is not worth it to me to have a ratty looking grille after a few years.

4. Any special maintenance / cleaning tips?

5. Were did you get it / how much?

Any other input is appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
332 Posts
precision grille

I chose precision because you have a choice; the cutout or the bolt over. i chose the bolt over, you can still see the emblem. i don't like to cut on my baby. the grill comes out very easy, the grille inserts attach very easy. the only problem that you might have, the little fastners. use a crewdriver to twist and release the plastic screw. to reinstall the grille, take the plastic fastners out of the metal support and install them into the plastic grille, they install from the back of the grille. I'm waiting for my bottom bumper piece. good luck.

·
Registered
513 Posts
It was pretty easy to do. I got my grille off ebay and it seems like a good grille. It goes right over the mesh grille and i drilled through it so i could screw the emblem back on, worked great.

Attachments

·
Registered
548 Posts
hardbody FULL phantom grille

MaxPowers said:
It was pretty easy to do. I got my grille off ebay and it seems like a good grille. It goes right over the mesh grille and i drilled through it so i could screw the emblem back on, worked great.[/QUOT
I ahd a custom 1995 nissan king cab xe-v6 and i also had a full phnatom grille meaning the headlights were covered. I also made the mistake of painting it blue. It looked awful from all of the rocks and bugs etc and i would not paint it but get the polished one. It also cut down my headlights and i did not have any fog lights either. I like the ones on the titan too but it looks better w/o it to me and will also run cooler too w/o the billet grille and it adds weight too and if you don't keep it shined it will eventually rust too.
even stainless will rust in some spots etc,

·
Premium Member
17,128 Posts
dcrobt said:
I like the ones on the titan too but it looks better w/o it to me and will also run cooler too w/o the billet grille and it adds weight too and if you don't keep it shined it will eventually rust too.
even stainless will rust in some spots etc,
1. It might help the cooling by keeping gravel and debris out of the heat exchanger fins. If you live in an area where they sand the roads in the winter, or drive on dirt roads, look through the lower opening at the heat exchanger fins.

2. Added weight is minimal (aluminum)

3. No rust (brushed aluminum finish)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
really big help.....

bestatchess said:
Unless the new grill attacts only real fat chicks, that shouldn't be a problem.

thanks bestatchess, that answers question #6 :rolleyes:

:jester:

Anyway, I did not think they made them out of stainless steel any more?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks

TiDan said:
Kronos
Do you have any close ups of that grill
Do you know what brand it is?

it looks nice
TiDan,
It is a Lund brand cover. I will get a close-up of a part tomorrow.
The parts are fairly thin die-cut stainless with a rubber surround. The center piece has a cutout for the emblem so there is no trouble with having to remount it.

Bestatchess,
Yeah that is a Dodge pic but you can't blame them for making grills for other brands, can you? Maybe you can, but it is hard to beat that price for a 4 piece set.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts