Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well let's get ur done!!!

I've got alot of things I need to test out and the weather looks like it's going to be pretty decent. I think work will cooooooooperate with me that day.

So let's get this thing going. Come on Titans....let's go out and have a good time!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Where does everyone meet at the raceway? I'm in and good for a round of beer/sodas.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unless I'm feeling frisky I typically only run time trials. Bracket racing can last a long time if you keep winning. If your there early you can get 5 runs in during time trials.

Then I like to go to Logans Road House and get a few bud lights.

At the track.....if we all made sure we arrived at the same time...we could get into line together after getting teched...and race one another.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey what happened to you guys? I was there. but, didn't see any other Titans outside of ours? Dawgs77,SacTitan? I thought you guys were going? were you there and I didn't see you??

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
What numbers did you guys run?

·
Registered
33 Posts
last nite I couldn't get out of the 15's? I ran a 15.1, 15.3. My best was a 15.0 I have gotten better times, REALLY! Lol you wouldn't think so by those times though...
Dawgs77 your buddy was there with us, he ran a best of 13.35 @ 99mph. WICKED FAST! I think we may even have it on tape?? we were taping our runs for comparisons, so we may have gotten his run in, I believe it was his last run? The guy took his rear bumper off??? can you say D E S P E R A T E !!! :upsidedow :cheers:

I told him I thought you were coming? we didnt see you man? what happened? we all left about 8:30ish?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well first off...you didn't tell me you were going so I had no motivation to drive 1 hour and 30 minutes to the track!!!

Secondly....I would have only ran low 14's because I'm running lean right now due to putting a new Cold Air Intake on my truck which I'm having tuning issues with right now.

If I knew 7 Titans were going to be out there I would have been there!!!!

The reason for your times....the Density Altitude was also bad that day...about 1400. This means racing Wednesday was like racing at an elevation of 1400'.

Even if he took his bumper off.....he still beat a blown truck and he's N/A!!!!!

Now I told you that with the right mods you can hit 13's...but that is UPPER 13's. 13.9!!!!

Now at the track....there is a huge difference between 13.9 and 13.4! But always remember...he has mods that are not even available for the Titan.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
dawgs77 said:
Well first off...you didn't tell me you were going so I had no motivation to drive 1 hour and 30 minutes to the track!!!

Secondly....I would have only ran low 14's because I'm running lean right now due to putting a new Cold Air Intake on my truck which I'm having tuning issues with right now.
[email protected] dawgs! i was looking forward to seeing your times!!! you gettin' a reflash to adjust the A/F???

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah....we have to re-work everything after changing CAI's.

The tube on S&B is too large at the MAF. The MAF isn't reading any air...it reads less then the stock intake at the MAF.

Since this isn't the case I have more air then what the MAF thinks is present...and I'm running lean as hell and slow as hell. I'm about 1/2 of a second slower right now.

I have also spoke with the manufacturer of the intake about the problem that I'm having. They pulled one off the line and apparently there is a problem and a new tube will be out soon. So I"m holding off on flashing my ECU right now...if I tune now...they alter the tube....then I'm screwed up again!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Sorry I missed you guys. I wasn't sure what time everyone was meeting and I forgot to schedule myself to leave the office early. Management has it's drawbacks! Anyway, I'm not tuned but I am also running lean with my S&B. I wonder if they'll release the tube to everyone? Just like when the first gen tubes were setting off the SES light. I may need to get the Osiris sooner rather than later because even with the S&B and Maganflow setup the truck feels almost like stock only louder. I don't want to embarass my Titan brothers at the track with the current slow setup.

In any case, if you guys decide to schedule another track day, count me in.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't mind running in the summer....but the Density Altitude is VERY high this time of year. And running the AC at the track is a big NO NO!!!! You drop water and can potentially cause someone to loose there life for running your AC due to the water it drops.

·
Registered
33 Posts
dawgs77 if your having so many problems with your new intake, why not just change back? untill you get it figured out?

if the DA? was 1400 and that made ME slower, then why wouldn't everyone else be? your buddy included? how does he go from a 13.49 to a 13.35 in worse weather? (computer tuning)? is that possible? how does one know when the BEST times are to get a GOOD time at the track?

maybe I might have to get some NOS (150shot)to beat mike? anymore I just want to stay within a few tenths, my buddy said he may be going tonite, that if I went he would go and let me try out his drag tires. will these tear up my differential? what does having 2 diff. sizes accomplish? 28" rear and 26" up front?

what does DA stand for? I wasn't knocking him about his bumper, I just thought it was a DESPERATE act to try and gain a few tenths is all. (Geesh) I mean how many people on the street come up to a light and say: hold on let me take my bumper off"? HAHA,Lol:jester: Give Me a Break!! MORON!!!!

do you think my bros. new tundra would beat him? he has intake and exhaust.

only reason I ask these moronic questions is to poke fun at the fact that you said he is the FASTEST HEMI? where does it say, that he is in fact the FASTEST as you claim? I mean c'mon man theres always someone FASTER!! Not to mention if my goal is to beat this guy and I am trying, saving my pennies, for more mods, that I will annihilate my friends unknowingly and possibly stay within a tenth or so of this guy.

FOR ALL NEWCOMERS READING THIS POST, I AM ON A MISSION TO BEAT A Q-CAB HEMI. I WILL ACHIEVE THIS GOAL ONE WAY OR ANOTHER!!! :gunz:

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There may be a Quad Cab Hemi out there faster somewhere. But on the two big Hemi clubs there is not one...not Naturally Aspirated.

You wouldn't beat him if you did put Nitrous on your truck. The fastest a Titan has EVER gone is 13.6 on the spray.

DA stands for Density Altitude. It takes the barometric pressure, temperature, and dew point...some go a little further. In the end it gives you an ideal on the day and how your vehicle will run.

Everyone's times should change per the DA that is present....I"ve experienced this many times myself.

Having drag radials helps alot and the low profile....28 inches...helps your over all gearing. HOwever......I always hit my speed limiter with my drag radials right at the end of the track.

So your buddy is only running 14.7's on drag radials!!!! Ha....should be faster then that on DR's. The short front tires help with rotational mass and less friction on the track.

Also...no....your brothers Tundra will not touch 13.35 with exhaust and CAI.

I think you under estimate the power it takes to push a 5,000 lb plus truck through the 1/4 mile at that speed.

If you want to be able to compete with Mike you will need the following and some of it isn't out yet.

Long Tube Headers with no Cats
JBA Exhaust
Good Cold Air intake
New CAMS with a aggressive grind
Custom tuning to go with the CAM
TRUTRAC limited slip differential
M&H Racemasters drag radials
Weight reduction on the truck
Shorter intake runners
Short Belt Mod
Cooler Thermo Stat...170'

You get all this done...and you can compete...and probably beat Mike. He has all the above!!! Including larger injectors....and a few other this and thats....including race fuel. And DO NOT put race fuel in your Titan. Not unless you are tuned for it and you do not have any CATS on that truck.

I can't just change back intakes.....I sold my Injen intake. So I"m stuck with this POS right now.

You don't seem to really think Mike is fast...but he just beat a LIGHTNING....which is blown...and Mike is N/A. That is FAST!!!

It takes alot of HP to get times to increase. It's typically around 10 HP for every tenth you gain at the track.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you guys are going out this next Wednesday let me know...and I"ll make sure to make it. I'm off work so it will be easy to do.

·
Registered
33 Posts
dawgs77 said:
There may be a Quad Cab Hemi out there faster somewhere. But on the two big Hemi clubs there is not one...not Naturally Aspirated.

You wouldn't beat him if you did put Nitrous on your truck. The fastest a Titan has EVER gone is 13.6 on the spray.

DA stands for Density Altitude. It takes the barometric pressure, temperature, and dew point...some go a little further. In the end it gives you an ideal on the day and how your vehicle will run.

Everyone's times should change per the DA that is present....I"ve experienced this many times myself.

Having drag radials helps alot and the low profile....28 inches...helps your over all gearing. HOwever......I always hit my speed limiter with my drag radials right at the end of the track.

So your buddy is only running 14.7's on drag radials!!!! Ha....should be faster then that on DR's. The short front tires help with rotational mass and less friction on the track.

Also...no....your brothers Tundra will not touch 13.35 with exhaust and CAI.

I think you under estimate the power it takes to push a 5,000 lb plus truck through the 1/4 mile at that speed.

If you want to be able to compete with Mike you will need the following and some of it isn't out yet.

Long Tube Headers with no Cats
JBA Exhaust
Good Cold Air intake
New CAMS with a aggressive grind
Custom tuning to go with the CAM
TRUTRAC limited slip differential
M&H Racemasters drag radials
Weight reduction on the truck
Shorter intake runners
Short Belt Mod
Cooler Thermo Stat...170'

You get all this done...and you can compete...and probably beat Mike. He has all the above!!! Including larger injectors....and a few other this and thats....including race fuel. And DO NOT put race fuel in your Titan. Not unless you are tuned for it and you do not have any CATS on that truck.

I can't just change back intakes.....I sold my Injen intake. So I"m stuck with this POS right now.

You don't seem to really think Mike is fast...but he just beat a LIGHTNING....which is blown...and Mike is N/A. That is FAST!!!

It takes alot of HP to get times to increase. It's typically around 10 HP for every tenth you gain at the track.
Dawgs77,
I understand his truck is fast, all I am saying is that there is no problem in me setting my sights on catching him.

You said I couldn't beat him with a (150shot) of NOS? hows that? I highly doubt he would still beat me if I was desperate enough to throw on a 150 shot.

Also, him beating a Lightning doesn't really say much. what if the guy didnt know how to drive his truck? or the truck wasn't running right? Lots of variables that need to be taken into account b4 handing out brownie points. Have you personally seen him run lately?

I actually already tried race fuel, I figured if he can do it so can I? It didnt seem to do any harm? but, at the same time I dont know that I felt any difference either?? does octane numbers make much diff.? I put 100 in my truck, and it didnt smell no where near as bad as Mikes truck did? but, we seen him using VP race fuel? what diff. is that supposed to make?

you mentioned larger injectors, whats this do? and where can I buy them? :computern

Seriously you NEED to come and see this, it is cool on some levels to see him kick ***, but, funny on the other hand because of the extremes they go to.

my bro./friend, (tundra) I was talking to you about seems to think that since he put on his intake and exhaust, considering that he started out at 381hp, that he should be well into the 400's by now. so he feels confident, he wants challenge mike next time out. I told him what you said, and he just says:"No way that Hemi has more hp than I do". dont the hemis only come with like 340 or something like that? so my bro. already has roughly 40hp more to start with, right? maybe he could win?? maybe if my buddy uses his dr's also he could have a chance against mike?

if mike goes on wed. my buddys said there taping it...this will be friggin awesome!! were gonna put that race on youtube for everyone to see. HAHA.Lol speaking of which can you find out if hes going or not?

Dawgs77 my buddy actually has NOS on his truck and will be using a 100hp shot. so he MAY just have a fighting chance? :gunz:

what do you think? want to make a wager? we have one going already, I say the Tundra takes him, 5 of 7 friends who have seen mike run, say no way in hell the tundra stands a chance? but, we have 15 people betting already, all people who have seen him run. 10 say mike 5 say Nos Tundra. this tundra is FAST!!!
Place your bets boyz!!

cammed hemi : 10 votes

NOS Tundra : 5 votes

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm not certain how the Tundra responds to N2O. If it responds like the Titan he will get his butt handed to him.

We have already attempted to run NOS through the Titan...many people have. And like I told you...the fastest anyone ever got the Titan to run was 13.6.

Trucks like the Titan have too many sensors that affect the way the truck runs. Once it senses the stuff it says ****...what is this...and stops the truck.

Cold Air Intakes....Exhaust...all that stuff only lands you typically 4-8 Hp...nothing like the box claims.

Tundra is fast....I can't take that away from them. But I have seen no proof of any of them hitting 13's yet....and beleive me I look!!!!! Dragtimes.com...I check the forums...you name it.

Don't put race fuel in your truck if you want it keep it. The reason you don't smell it is because of your CATS....now if you have a temp gauge to scan your cats....they were HOT AS HELL. This can cause them to break up..when they do...the motor sucks it back inside....and...good bye motor!

Mike does not have CATS.

I should have a decent tune by Wednesday....you have my word...I'lll be out there.

Since Tundra is advanced like the Titan with sensors...I say Hemi whoops him....and I"ll tell Mike about this.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Intake and exhaust only go so far without tuning. My Titan is living proof. The Tundra motor is built for torque and may jump off the line but the Dodge and those cams will be pulling hard from the 1/8 mile and on. As much as it pains me to say....the Dodge will win and probably by at least 4 or 5 tenths. If you and Dawgs get together send me a PM. I'd be happy to buy a round if I'm wrong. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Let's do this....I'm not going to run my best times tonight...truck still running lean and no file from UpRev to corect it yet.

But I wanna race.....so let's get this party started!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts