Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.sacramentoraceway.com/

Ok I just got the ok to go to Test N Tune tomorrow morning.

Anyone want to go...just watch....race...come on out. It's a little expensive on a Saturday...but hey...I get to go for free this time. Long Story...but they are going to let me run free tomorrow.

So I hope to have my first good times with my JBA headers on street tires with an open differential.

Also...I'll finally test my short belt!!!!

So come on out....support or run!!! Lot's of high power muscle cars are always out on Saturday also!!!

Let's see if I can crack into the 14.3's with no tunning!!!! I may be dreaming...but if we don't have dreams...what do we have....false hopes maybe!! LoL

My prediction with short belt...low 14.4's.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For my first runs weather conditions aren't going to be too bad. A little warmer then I wish but the conditions should be as follows:

Air Temp: 80'
Humidity: 40%
Bar Pres: 30.00

Not too bad. A little warmer then I want.....so I'm thinking 14.5's.

·
Registered
33 Posts
dawgs777,
nice times wish my truck was that fast, I can't afford to mod yet, so I figured I would look around and see whats out there? do you go out to Sac. raceway very often? I'm from galt and went there, it was either wednesday last week or Sat. past. I seen a few guys there (titan) of course. Nothing to fast, most were like 14.8-9's. they had intake and exhaust. Is there anything simple but cheap that I can do to gain enough power to beat this Hemi that goes out there? guys fast, but, I thought we are faster than they are?

Thanx in advance

·
Registered
33 Posts
not sure if your even reading this, but, I went out to the races tonite, were you there by any chance? I was there with a group of about 6 Titan trucks?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Nissan Limo,
I sent Dawgs an email and let him know that you responded to his post and he failed to respond.
He seems to go out there fairly often, so if you're a drag racing fan hopefully you and he can get together. He can use the moral support.
Also, keep your eye on this forum because we have two or three Titan/Armada picnics a year in the Sacramento/Elk Grove area, which is right next door to you. I anticipate the next picnic in August.

Stan

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hell yes I go to the track and I'll be going again soon.

Just ordered my custom tune for my ECU so I'll need to try it out. It's pretty hot so I'm not sure how she will run. But I"m hoping to crack that 14 second mark with some 13.9's.

Several weeks back I ran a 14.40...so we shall see.

Man I have never seen any Titan but mine run at the track. Would love to get to run with some. I usually run with a group of Hemi owners...there all pretty down to earth.

I whooped em pretty good when we first started racing together...now I beat some of them...but the others are modded all to hell now and pretty fast. But with my new software I hope to have evened out the field......and didn't even need a CAM!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
By the way....how did you run?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NissanLimo said:
dawgs777,
nice times wish my truck was that fast, I can't afford to mod yet, so I figured I would look around and see whats out there? do you go out to Sac. raceway very often? I'm from galt and went there, it was either wednesday last week or Sat. past. I seen a few guys there (titan) of course. Nothing to fast, most were like 14.8-9's. they had intake and exhaust. Is there anything simple but cheap that I can do to gain enough power to beat this Hemi that goes out there? guys fast, but, I thought we are faster than they are?

Thanx in advance
How fast is the Hemi....if your running 14's and he's beating you...then he has some good mods.

But first off....what mods do you have? What brand? Yes it really matters......alot! Do you have a timing advance? Do you have Big Tow? Try a short belt....it removes the AC and power sterring....good for .15 tenths at the track consistent.

Drag Radials.....very good mod for the track....the short diameter of them makes you run like a bat out of hell through the 1/8 mile....and you carry it through the 1/4 mile.

Maybe next Wednesday we can go...I think I'll have my software by then. If not the Wednesday after that. Do you know the other Titans? Would be awesome to race with 4-5 Titans man!!!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
If you've got the software Rossi I would like to come out and check if the 2* is still on my truck.

Would you be able to do this if you came up??

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes I could!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
dawgs77 said:
How fast is the Hemi....if your running 14's and he's beating you...then he has some good mods.

But first off....what mods do you have? What brand? Yes it really matters......alot! Do you have a timing advance? Do you have Big Tow? Try a short belt....it removes the AC and power sterring....good for .15 tenths at the track consistent.

Drag Radials.....very good mod for the track....the short diameter of them makes you run like a bat out of hell through the 1/8 mile....and you carry it through the 1/4 mile.

Maybe next Wednesday we can go...I think I'll have my software by then. If not the Wednesday after that. Do you know the other Titans? Would be awesome to race with 4-5 Titans man!!!!
The Hemi ran a 13.58 or 13.59 on his first run that i got to see. I ran a 14.9 with intake and shorty headers I just got. I just got the truck and dont know to much about it. my buddys are all titan guys. hence my purchase. I DO NOT know anything about the timing advance, I just learned about it tonite. I am willing to try almost anything to make my truck faster than my buddys. they all have the headers,intake,exhaust and maybe timing advance? you know they never told me anything about that?? hmmm?? azzholes!! Lol

the hemi was fast man, fastest I have ever seen in a Q-cab, my buddys said his times were pretty consistent. it was a grey Q-cab Hemi he was running dr's and something called the belt mod? apparently he says hes apart of a california group? OH and BIG TIME race gas!! and check this out, he tunes his truck with a laptop computer??? I didnt think they had that kind of tuning??? I guess this guy comes out ever so often, one of my buddys said he seen him run a 13.61 somewhere called king racetrack?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hey Dawgs, give me some warning when you're going back to the strip and I'll try to make it. No, I'm not going to run my Titan, but I will give you moral support and tip a cold Bud Light with you afterwards.

Stan

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Logans Road House is nice to grab a drink afterwards Stan!

The guy you ran's name is Mike. I beat him a few months ago!!!! But can't do that anymore. He's pretty modded and his truck is running awesome!!! Even with my new software I doubt I'll catch him but I'll get alot closer!

You can run well with a similarly modded Hemi. But when CAM's.......gears....and DR's are thrown into the mix...along with a good tune....it's pretty hard. But most of them don't run like Mike's truck!!!!! He's freaking fast! There's two others....Lonnie and Fred that can run sub 14's also. The rest I have seen are mid 14's to mid 15's.

·
Registered
33 Posts
my buddys seem to think that a well modded Titan and the "NEW" UPRE software based on what it says it can do, that I should be right on top of this guy? I keep talking about this guy, because he is my new GOAL, to beat this garbage can!!! Dude, I know we have the motor to do it, its just opening the damn thing up!!!:soap:

I want to see what your truck does after the tuning, does it have a REAL aggressive tune? something that could knock off like .3-.4tenths off your times? or are they soft tunes? computer/tranny friendly tunes?:read: :read:

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have three tunes....one mean.....one mild...and one stock.

My first run with my tune may not be my best. I have to data log some and get it fine tuned to what the data reads.

But yes....I think my 14.40 will go sub 14's. But if he's running 13.4's.....it won't give that much of a gain to me.

13.4 is freakish fast in a truck!!!!!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Ron, if you can give me some advance notice the next time you're headed for the drags I'll do my best to get there to give you some moral support, and maybe even buy you a cold one afterwards.

Stan

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll hold you to that one Stan!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
so whats the status of the Upre tune? is it what you were expecting and more? sorry to continue to post here, but, I didn't know where else to find you? I am very curious as to how your tune is doing? So, do I stand a chance against the Hemi? or not? dude, I looked into the gibson exhaust, freaking expensive man! Damn! still may try and get it though? well dont keep us in suspense to much longer.....tell,tell

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dude don't go Gibson...go JBA EVOL!!! It will run you about $350 and is bad *** for torque!!!!

Dude...I'm telling you until you get cams...your not touching that Hemi!!! He's got cams...exhaust cut outs....custom tunning....rear gears...e-fans...cai......exhaust system..and he's running high octane race fuel!!! You are not going to probably EVER run 13.4 in your Titan! He is the fastest N/A Hemi Quad Cab...you picked the wrong one to fight with man!!! LoL

UpRev Osiris....I like!!! My tires don't like...but I do! I just flashed my third attempt to get the tune right today. I've got a coule first gear problems I'm trying to work out....but other then down low in first gear my timing and AFR looks awesome!!!

I just might be able to pull a 13.8 full race set up.

In a couple weeks. I plan on going out there for a Wednesday night....but just run time trials. Get three/four runs in...then hit up a couple beers at Logans Roadhouse. Just to see where the times are sitting at on the track and to get some 1/4 mile logs from my lap top so I can tune her better.

You can e-mail me anytime... [email protected]

1 - 20 of 26 Posts