Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that care:

My saga continues! My dealer called on Friday afternoon and said my truck is still not in WIP (work-in-progress). He said it was scheduled for week 14 build and he thought week 14 was last week. Well, it seems week 14 is this week and as of Friday it wadn't been started yet - although there is sat and sun. He thinks it will be started today or tomorrow but I don't know whether to believe because I was also told last week that it was being made as we speak! :huh:

The reason for his call was that even if it does get made this weekend I won't get it until May (That's some good shipping policy they have!!) He then said there was an exact match in Halifax that had 110 miles on it and he could get that one for me by the end of April (I guess they were going to hook it to some dogs and tow it here - A MONTH!)

suffice to say I am a little sad and unsure. I decided not to take the one from halifax because 1. I am sure it will get damaged by being towed by dogs! and 2. because it has obviously been test driven and I know how people test drive the Titan!

Besides, the other one won't be far behind ( :jester: ) and it is being made for me. I also made the dealer throw in the winter rubber floor mats and the bug gaurd for my wait.

Did I make the right decision?

As an aside, They keep telling me they put a rush on my truck, but two other Titans scheduled for a March build for my dealer are on the rails on their way here!! They tell me that is because the RUSH is only sent to the compound in southern ontario to get it on a truck faster! What a farce! The rush should have been sent to the plant!!!! :gunz:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Man, that sucks!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
You made a good decision keane! I would much rather put the break-in miles on mine than take one that has had 100 'watch this sh#t' demo miles slammed on it. Not that much difference in the wait. That's what I hate about ordering a vehicle. It's a waiting game and meanwhile, they have your deposit. I have only ordered one personal truck and will never do it again!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
keane said:
For those that care:

The reason for his call was that even if it does get made this weekend I won't get it until May (That's some good shipping policy they have!!) He then said there was an exact match in Halifax that had 110 miles on it and he could get that one for me by the end of April (I guess they were going to hook it to some dogs and tow it here - A MONTH!)

As an aside, They keep telling me they put a rush on my truck, but two other Titans scheduled for a March build for my dealer are on the rails on their way here!! They tell me that is because the RUSH is only sent to the compound in southern ontario to get it on a truck faster! What a farce! The rush should have been sent to the plant!!!! :gunz:

My Titan was built on a Friday and the dealer had it on Tuesday, I took delivery on Wednesday.

Granted, I live in the Tampa area which is not too far (probably shipped by car carrier instead of rail). But I think you will see your truck sooner than you think.

Good luck!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good decision to not go with the Halifax truck. Wait for the new one and break it in yourself. Sounds like your dealer is screwing you around though. You may want to think about geting the bed extender thrown in as well.

I hope you get it soon. I ordered the exact same truck on Mid Jan for April build and May delivery. Due to your situation I checked with my dealer if they had any news but nothing yet.

Have you seen the Sparkle red yet in your area? If so how did it look? There are none out West here yet, lots of Silver and Black. Post some pics when you get it...hopefully soon.

Hang in there, at least you know it will be worth it in the end.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Predat0r said:
Good decision to not go with the Halifax truck. Wait for the new one and break it in yourself. Sounds like your dealer is screwing you around though. You may want to think about geting the bed extender thrown in as well.

I hope you get it soon. I ordered the exact same truck on Mid Jan for April build and May delivery. Due to your situation I checked with my dealer if they had any news but nothing yet.

Have you seen the Sparkle red yet in your area? If so how did it look? There are none out West here yet, lots of Silver and Black. Post some pics when you get it...hopefully soon.

Hang in there, at least you know it will be worth it in the end.
They have a KC Sparkle red on the lot. It looks very good! It is pretty close to the red brawn from the states. It has been a long saga from my original order in late Nov. So far, they upgraded me from an SE to an LE for my first two lost trucks, now I get the mats and the bug gaurd. I figure if they don't get this truck soon, I will be looking for the sunroof and DVD upgrade - for free of course.

I am going to push them to move that rush down to the states so I can get it soon. I have a dig camera so I will post picks for you when I get it.
:cheers:

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unother update!

Got a serial number that shows it is #37289 built. My insurance guy confirms it was an April build (ship). My dealer says as of Monday it is in Nissan Canada's compound in Toronto (4 hours away!). That rush should now take effect. I got my fingers crossed for Thursday. (how long can it take to get something 4 hours away?)

It is not the same truck I ordered - that hasn't hit WIP yet as of yesterday. My dealer was checking the other dealer inventory of Saturday and found this one destined for a Timmins dealership (3.5 hours north of me). They agreed to give it to me! :teethmast

Well, we will see if I get it this week! I am now over 4 months since I first ordered!

·
Registered
152 Posts
keane said:
Got a serial number that shows it is #37289 built. My insurance guy confirms it was an April build (ship). My dealer says as of Monday it is in Nissan Canada's compound in Toronto (4 hours away!). That rush should now take effect. I got my fingers crossed for Thursday. (how long can it take to get something 4 hours away?)

It is not the same truck I ordered - that hasn't hit WIP yet as of yesterday. My dealer was checking the other dealer inventory of Saturday and found this one destined for a Timmins dealership (3.5 hours north of me). They agreed to give it to me! :teethmast

Well, we will see if I get it this week! I am now over 4 months since I first ordered!
Dude, that's great! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and hope you get it soon. You have been waiting long enough.

·
Super Moderator
34,534 Posts
keane:

We are all pulling for you. It's about time you got some good news on the TITAN front.

Man and I thought Canada was the promised land. I guess I was right though, they "promised" you the Titan 3 or 4 times now at least! :teethmast

37L1

·
Registered
548 Posts
good luck sir

hope you get it asap!
i have to hope and PRAY to sell my monte carlo before i can even think about geting mine!!!!!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts