Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen so many lifted trucks that are sagging in the rear. I understand if they have a load in the back but the majority dont have anything in the back and the rear of the truck is sagging an in. or 2. Why?? Is that a look or something? If it is it is butt ugly! I love the lifted look, not my cup of tea but it does look really good on a truck. But I just dont get the saggy look of half the lifted trucks around here. Are they just worn out or something?

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
It's because you live in Florida!!! J/K

I have seen this also, and wonder if there is an issue.
Springs getting weak?
Two different lift kits?
Off-Road alot?? This would explain a higher front end.

Maybe some of the guys with lifts can chime in.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
We always called it the bulldog look, like the bulldog on the tom and Jerry cartoon with the little back legs and the big front legs. it's not more functional for anything other than towing. I always lifted my trucks level with no problems being level. Some people like the look. Looks better that a big jack up rear end and low front end.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shane06fl said:
We always called it the bulldog look, like the bulldog on the tom and Jerry cartoon with the little back legs and the big front legs. it's not more functional for anything other than towing. I always lifted my trucks level with no problems being level. Some people like the look. Looks better that a big jack up rear end and low front end.
:huh: Are you serious?? It looks better? No offence but it looks like the truck has 300000 miles on it and the springs cant hold up any more.

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
My personal opinion is that everyone is striving for more of a "race-truck" type of stance, similar to the CORR or trophy trucks. I prefer level or the front to be slightly (no more than 1.5" at fender wells) higher. I've noticed on my truck lately that the front end is what is sagging. I have the stage 1 pro-comp lift, so it is 6" in the front and 3" in the rear. When I first installed it, the truck was pretty much level. Now that the front has started to sag (still using the original coilovers) I am unhappy with the look. Last weekend I installed the TC shackles which lowered the rear 3/4". It's pretty much unnoticeable though. I plan to get the aftermarket c/o's soon and hopefully can get the look that I want.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
one good thing about the slightly lower rear end is the bed doesn't hold any water. I've leveled my 04' and it ended up being 3/4" lower in the rear, which to me looks pretty good. kinda like the truck is ready to launch.
Now my 07' sitting at the stock rake looks like crap to me. It holds I bet at least 5-10 gallons of water depending on the amount of rainfall. I cant wait to do the PRG 4" performance lift!

·
Registered
618 Posts
I love the so-cal baja look with the front end higher than the rear. I noticed this when I moved to san diego about 4 years ago. I asked around and found out that its better for off roading in the sand dunes. I think it would be great for many off road criveing condisions. I cant wait to lift my front end 4in and keep my rear where it is stock. I think it looks horable when the front end is low and the back end is all jacked up.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
4wheelpeel said:
I think it looks horable when the front end is low and the back end is all jacked up.
yeah its not a race car!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Out Titan is a 2wd running with the coil over setup in the front. It is approximatly .5" higher in the front than in the rear. That is how I wanted it originally. When my wife saw it, she wanted it leveled. We never did it and now she loves the rake.

I think you are seeing it when it is cruising. When the truck is hauling ***, the rear always drops. Besides, there is NO way I'd ever want the front lower then the back!!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
I also don't like "sagging" trucks. I prefer the back end to be just a hair higher than the front. I've never had a lifted truck, so from a performance/operational standpoint, I really have no clue if its "better" or not. I simply like the way it looks w/ the back being slightly higher.

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
My truck has a 7" cst kit on it and sits about an inch lower in the back. I personally like the front end to be a little higher (I will admit some people are a bit excessive with it). I also did not want a block to make axle wrap worse.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Prerunner Bro!!!

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Helinut1970 said:
I have seen so many lifted trucks that are sagging in the rear. I understand if they have a load in the back but the majority dont have anything in the back and the rear of the truck is sagging an in. or 2. Why?? Is that a look or something? If it is it is butt ugly! I love the lifted look, not my cup of tea but it does look really good on a truck. But I just dont get the saggy look of half the lifted trucks around here. Are they just worn out or something?
I don't know the true reason, but this is what I speculate... I have a 6" PC stage one lift, on 4X4 OR Titan... as stock, the rear had an added lift already (about 1" rake)... 4" block comes with lift kit and an add-a-leaf... gives it a 5" lift added to the stock 1" rake... the front adds a 6" spacer, hence the total lift of 6"... The problem arises with the stage two kit, it comes with PC coilovers that are preset for the 6" front lift, which actually sits about 6 1/2" to 7" once they are installed. If people do not adjust the ride ht. of the aftermarket coilovers, then ou get that raised front end look... depends on how much weight you really need to support in front, and the seriousness of the off-roading you do, I just see no good reason to have such a high front end... but that's just my added penny to this thread....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts