Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
new-nissans.com,

I've seen enough to be interested in your sales approach. I think I could make the trip out for the right price on a titan. I have a few general questions......

1) For trade-ins, how do you determine the final price on a trade-in before you see it? The concern is heading all the way over to you and getting a much lower trade-in value than expected. Is there some way of gauranteeing a price before heading west?

2) Do you have anyplace where you post customer feedback/reviews of the buying experience?

3) My dealer is telling me that to sell under invoice cannot be done without shorting the buyer somewhere else. Forgive me for sounding disrespectful, but what gives here? Why won't my local dealer try to compete with your offer - are you both talking about the same invoice price?

4) Can you order to exact specs and how long does it take to get a truck to order?

5) Are there any unique ways that you stand behind your product, knowing that we can't likely "just bring it back to your shop" if a vehicle quality problem comes up.

·
Registered
249 Posts
1) For trade-ins, how do you determine the final price on a trade-in before you see it? The concern is heading all the way over to you and getting a much lower trade-in value than expected. Is there some way of gauranteeing a price before heading west?

New-Nissans.com: If you give a very honest and detailed condition analysis of your trade-in we can give you a number that wouldn't change unless the condition changed. Our trade-in values could shock you, because we present actual cash value figures against a wholesale level sale price on ours and not inflated trade-in figures against the full retail price, sometimes dealers even tack on a second sticker they refer to it as the market adjustment price. Go to www.kbb.com to get a "trade-in" estimate. Select good condition unless it is 2 years old or newer with under 15k miles. These figures are a more accurate estimate of "true trade-in value"

2) Do you have anyplace where you post customer feedback/reviews of the buying experience?

New-Nissans.com: Actually we have a couple on this site from a few months ago. Look in the Titan General Discussion area under Salesperson/Dealer thread, I've added a post from May 2004, this customer bought one from us under our $1 Under price program. Chris Moye who he praises is now our assistant sales manager, Adam Smith has since taken the Internet sales position who does a great job for our customers:

Dealer: Advantage Nissan, Bremerton Washington
Salesman: Chris (Internet guy)
Experience: Excellent!

No hassle internet deal. (1$ below invoice) I knew exactly what truck I wanted, Chris found it and we closed the deal on the phone. Picked it up a week later. Less than 15 minutes of paperwork and I drove it off the lot. I LOVE the internet!

3) My dealer is telling me that to sell under invoice cannot be done without shorting the buyer somewhere else. Forgive me for sounding disrespectful, but what gives here? Why won't my local dealer try to compete with your offer - are you both talking about the same invoice price?

New-Nissans.com: Don't trade it in, sell it on your own. Our price is good trade-in or not!

The other part of this question, "Why won't my local dealer try to compete with your offer - are you both talking about the same invoice price?"

New-Nissans.com: I can only respond to what invoice I'm referring to. If you go to our website and click on "Model Line-up" you will see examples of official Nissan invoice prices. It refers to dealer invoice which is the amount that the dealer must write a check back to the factory for in order to license it in the name of the eventual owner (retail consumer). If you note the equipment and are comparing apples to apples in everyway, then their invoice will reflect the same figures. Nissan sells their vehicles to us for the same amount as they sell them to other licensed franchise dealers.

4) Can you order to exact specs and how long does it take to get a truck to order?

New-Nissans.com: See our thread- 2005 Nissan Titan Scheduled Factory Release Information

5) Are there any unique ways that you stand behind your product, knowing that we can't likely "just bring it back to your shop" if a vehicle quality problem comes up.

New-Nissans.com: The factory builds the Titan the same way for us as they do for your local dealer. Nissan does stand behind their product. Your warranty is good anywhere in the US and Canada.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Markus,

I bought from them back in march. It was a good experience and a good price at the time. $1 under invoice when all the spokane dealers were asking for a few thousand over sticker!

They were honest to me about my trade, and I sold it myself so I could get more money out of it.

The only problem I had was that my LE Crew Cab didn't have the running boards on it that are supposed to be standard. It took over 3 months to finally get them to ship my running boards to me in eastern washigton. Other than that it was a good experience for my 1st time buying a new vehicle.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Thank you, for the honest feedback. As good as we try to be, we aren't going to say that we are perfect. The Titan was only 5 months old back in March. The factory somehow missed the running boards (they are close but not so perfect either). The running boards were on back order. The story I got from the sales manager was, he was at the mercy of the factory who was trying to catch up with the excessive running boards demand. Anyway, I'm glad that you were satisfied overall, and of course, in the end you got your running boards. By the way, I do have the power to delete any message, but chose not to. We stand behind our work, even when things go wrong.

·
Registered
249 Posts
This thread was started by a member who had some good questions regarding our sales process. I think it would be an interesting Q&A subject, so if anyone has any questions regarding our sales process and or anything about our New-Nissans.com deals, feel free to ask them here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts