Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I had them put on today...my new 285/70/17 BFG Mud Terrain KM2's! I haven't had the opportunity yet to try them out, but it's supposed to rain tonight. I will let you know how it goes! Will post a picture later this afternoon.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a set on order aswell. Cannot wait!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Please write up a good summary on it. I'm interested as well.

·
Registered
52 Posts
my buddy that works at discount tire co. says they ride like bfg ats with a little more aggressive hum and hella more traction in the mud pits.

will also chime in once they are on

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I'm very impressed! I had the old KM's before these, and to be honest...I think these are a hell of a lot better! The KM2's hum is less than the old KM's, the bite is a lot better....the only downside is that at low speeds on the highway...they have a little rough of a ride. I went down a nearly fresh logging road, and had it in 2wd the most of time until I came to a small ditch that crossed the road. We had a lot of rain last week, so the road was really soupy. I only put it into 4wd to make sure I made it through. I only had my friend with me and no other truck. I know, not smart. I need a leveling kit or a lift which was evident on the front end of my Titan. I had mud in my fog lights and it bottomed out a couple of times in some holes.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Please keep us informed as to how well these tires hold up. I'm very interested in purchasing these tires after my BFG A/T's bit the dust. Some pictures of them on your truck would be helpful too:teethmast

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I'd really like to see them on a Granite Titan. Since I'm kinda partial to the granite color...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will post pics tomorrow...I took pictures, but they didn't turn out. Going to use my girl's digital camera tomorrow. They really bite well! Wait on a good rain to get the good stuff out, and will post more pics then. Still very impressed. Pressure sensor came on this morning...not sure why. I am assuming it is due to the pressure being on 40 psi (weather turning cold). I ran 50 psi on my old KM's. Need to check that as well.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Did you ever snap some pictures of them on your truck?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've tried to load the pictures, but I have been having difficulties. I will continue to try.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Haven't tested their potential yet, but went down an old fire lane. Hey, it's mud on the tires! I will have the camera close, when I really test their bit!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
elcidpvt00 said:
Haven't tested their potential yet, but went down an old fire lane. Hey, it's mud on the tires! I will have the camera close, when I really test their bit!
Those look f*cking fantastic - can I ask what was the total damage?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You might not believe it, but they didn't cost me a dime! When I purchased my truck, the dealership was doing a deal to try and sell more Titans. Tires for life. Well, the last set of tires that I bought (KM's) I had to pay the difference between what came on it and the new ones. Well, this is my third set of tires and due to the dealership being sold...they are honoring the tires for life. The tires I had on at the time they bought the dealership, was the old KM's. So, they gave me the new ones! Pretty sweet deal! I also managed to get a free oil change the next time I need one, due to them not securing the pressure stem valve. The next morning I had a flat....they fixed the issue and gave me a free oil change.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You're going to love those tires. Just stay away from icy roads, that's the only thing mine didn't like.

Mud, snow, sand, rocks, just amazing tires. And they don't make as much noise as you would think.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Apparently, they are not a big fan of wet roads either. Had a close call yesterday on the way home from work in the rain. Car infront slammed on brakes while doing 50 mph, I jammed the brakes...started sliding so let off and turned the wheel and punched the gas. Ran off the road into a swale. Car infront of the car infront of me, had no tail-lights at all and was making a left-hand turn. Nice! Titan's fine....besides it was cool pulling out of the muddy swale anyway.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts