Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that the Titan could come with Sirius or Xm from 04=07 but they switched solely to Xm for 2008. Has anyone figured out how to make the factory Xm radio work for Sirius i.e. Has anyone figured out how to have sirius in an 08 without a plug and play?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
O, I'll see what I can get them to do. so far they have been great to me even though I didn't buy there. I've had sirius in my old dodge and want to continue that service. Also like sirius better than XM for some reason, mainly NASCAR and the NFL. Thanks Hudson! Hope you re enjoyin the Pro 4x, looks like a sweet ride.

·
Registered
210 Posts
When you find out how much it will be to change it out from the dealer (sat & labor) let us know, I am thinking of having mine done as well...I really do not like XM, and my wife has Sirius and it is only $7 to add mine on to it!

·
Premium Member
4,320 Posts
Since XM and Sirius are supposed to merge this year there will be no need to change radios and most likely why Nissan is only using one brand of tuner.
The tuner should be located under the plastic panel under the steering column. It's near the OBDII plug in by your knees.

Clint

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
That's IF the merger goes through...I'm hoping it does! Best of both worlds!
That might be good on one hand but as a single service supplier, there will be no competition and pricing is apt to soar upward. I have no interest in either service but I like to see competition in any market. Competition keeps prices down and stimulates innovation.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
mcginkleschmidt said:
That might be good on one hand but as a single service supplier, there will be no competition and pricing is apt to soar upward. I have no interest in either service but I like to see competition in any market. Competition keeps prices down and stimulates innovation.
Yeah, I think that's the hurdle they're trying to jump over right now...the NO COMPETITION thing looked at by the PSC.

·
Registered
72 Posts
It does not look like the FCC is going to let the merger go. Does anyone have any information if the government is blessing this marriage. I am not sure that I will be signing up with XM at the end of the three months free trial. I might consider Sirius but have to make that decision soon. For $400 I can get Sirius for life. This is a hell of a deal and I might bite the bullet and sign up. Does anyone know if XM have the same life deal. I was not able to find that type of plan on their site.

·
Registered
250 Posts
i have xm and love it but i live in the south east alot of people say that if you live in the south east go with the xm but anywere else go with serius because the range is better that xm sat is near south east

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Clint said:
Since XM and Sirius are supposed to merge this year there will be no need to change radios and most likely why Nissan is only using one brand of tuner.
The tuner should be located under the plastic panel under the steering column. It's near the OBDII plug in by your knees.

Clint
Current receivers are NOT compatable with both services. IF the merger goes through, no doubt they will begin making receivers that can pick-up both signals.

·
Premium Member
4,320 Posts
BobNYC said:
Current receivers are NOT compatable with both services. IF the merger goes through, no doubt they will begin making receivers that can pick-up both signals.
According to their website XM claims the equiptment would still be usable. There would be a huge mutiny if subscribers had to replace their radios. It would be a catastrophic corporate mistake if that happened.

Clint

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Clint said:
According to their website XM claims the equiptment would still be usable. There would be a huge mutiny if subscribers had to replace their radios. It would be a catastrophic corporate mistake if that happened.

Clint
Yes, it will still receive the XM stream but not the Sirius stream. You will need a new receiver to receive both streams.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
BobNYC said:
You're right, one receiver can't pick up the others signal. But when/if they do merge, yes....current receivers can still be used. The way they explained it is that Sirius and XM stations (a lot of redundant stations on both will be canned to free up bandwidth) will be broadcast on BOTH systems until a single suitable unit can be designed. So you'll get a combined reception of both systems. No idea though what they'll change the name to though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts