Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up,
Joined the site the last week. Just got a 2008 Galaxy Black SE Crew Cab. have a a question on the stock satellite radio. The dealer has been giving me a big run around as to how to get it working. First the salesman tells me to call nissan to connect. The idiot at nissan tells me that he cant find my truck in the system. Another sales person tells me to contact service, service tells me that everyone is crazy and that they would resolve it for me. Still since Monday no one has called me to tell me how to get this thing working. I was told that it comes with a three month free connection to either sirius or xm. But no one knows how to give the correct info so i can get this going. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
When you turn on the satellite radio option on the radio, does the 1-800 number scroll across it? If so, call it. They will have you turn your radio on, turn to a channel that they specify, locate your radio, and initialize the service. You need to give them a login name and a password and they do the rest. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Oh, almost forgot! Congrats on the great new truck, and welcome to the site! :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you! i have always loved this truck since i first saw it. and no when i hit the sat button it says "no sat"......

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Blackbeauty said:
You can connect on the websites

The XM website will ask you for your radio ID.
now another stupid question where do i get the radio id..... remember that i supposedly have it already installed on my truck built in.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
I think when I activated mine, they asked for it while I was on the cell with them. I just read it off the screen as it came up. They prompted it to do all its info stuff and I just told them what the screen said.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TitanJim said:
Sounds like your truck does not have the satellite radio installed.
dammit....:crying: these bastards told me that i had it and that it all i had to do was call to have it connected.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
You can connect on the websites:

XM:

by phone (800) 967-2346

Sirius:

800) 539-7474

The XM website will ask you for your radio ID.
Does this mean that my '08 can receive either XM or Sirius without any modifications? The salesman told me this was possible since I mentioned that I'd prefer Sirius, but I wasn't sure if it was true or if he was just trying to sell the truck.

·
Registered
184 Posts
sk8rlee said:
Does this mean that my '08 can receive either XM or Sirius without any modifications? The salesman told me this was possible since I mentioned that I'd prefer Sirius, but I wasn't sure if it was true or if he was just trying to sell the truck.
If equipped, your 08 will have XM. I believe Nissan and XM entered into an agreement for the 08 model year. You can buy the Sirius tuner and do the swap using the existing factory antenna above the winshield on the driver's side. Here's the link... http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-visual-audio-discussion/61370-2008-le-factory-xm.html?highlight=giffordt

·
Registered
35 Posts
bvr127 said:
dammit....:crying: these bastards told me that i had it and that it all i had to do was call to have it connected.....
It won't say that if you have no Sat. It just won't say anything. Get your radio ID number and call XM. Simple as that.

Honestly, I never remember seeing my radio ID on the display when I installed my factory XM (though the instructions said it would). It did have it on a label on the xm receiver and I made sure to write that down before I installed it under the dash.

I just called XM because their web site is crappy in some ways and i needed to deactivate on old radio and add my new one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
giffordt said:
If equipped, your 08 will have XM. I believe Nissan and XM entered into an agreement for the 08 model year. You can buy the Sirius tuner and do the swap using the existing factory antenna above the winshield on the driver's side. Here's the link...

Yeah, I guess I forgot to mention that, I do have XM from the factory. But I told the salesman that I'd rather Sirius over XM and he told me that they both used the same equipment and that when the 3 months of XM ran out all I had to do was call Sirius, give them info from my receiver and I could subscribe and it would work. He said it in kind of a hushed tone, as if he were saying "I didn't tell you this, but....", and he did mention of a contract between Nissan and XM.

Thanks for the info, and also for the link.

·
Registered
35 Posts
sk8rlee said:
giffordt said:
If equipped, your 08 will have XM. I believe Nissan and XM entered into an agreement for the 08 model year. You can buy the Sirius tuner and do the swap using the existing factory antenna above the winshield on the driver's side. Here's the link...

Yeah, I guess I forgot to mention that, I do have XM from the factory. But I told the salesman that I'd rather Sirius over XM and he told me that they both used the same equipment and that when the 3 months of XM ran out all I had to do was call Sirius, give them info from my receiver and I could subscribe and it would work. He said it in kind of a hushed tone, as if he were saying "I didn't tell you this, but....", and he did mention of a contract between Nissan and XM.

Thanks for the info, and also for the link.
I think that's incorrect unless something has changed for 08. I think you need a Sirius reciever.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i386 said:
sk8rlee said:
I think that's incorrect unless something has changed for 08. I think you need a Sirius reciever.

When he told me that I was surprised to hear it and found it a little hard to believe, and from what I've been reading here, I'm 100% convinced that he was bending the truth a little. But, like I said, I think he was just trying to sell the truck and it wasn't that big of a deal, I wasn't going to let that be the deal breaker, especially after he'd already knocked off the price of the package that included the Nav system, about $3100. Besides, I can deal with XM for a little while, all I listen to is the music so it doesn't hurt me the I don't get 24hrs of Howard, and I'm not that big of an Elvis fan either so I'm not loosing anything there. There's just something about Sirius that appeals to me than XM. And having seen the Sirius module for only $200 and the simple plug-and-play conversion, I think it's well worth the money.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.