Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read that the coil over spacers cause the CV boots to throw grease. Has anyone had this problem when they level the truck out by using after market coil overs. I'm looking into buying the SAW's, but I would hate to spend all that money just to have the same problem. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
93,680 Posts
Give Greg at PRG a call. He is one of our supporting vendors and can be found on the "Forums" page.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
all torque said:
I have read that the coil over spacers cause the CV boots to throw grease. Has anyone had this problem when they level the truck out by using after market coil overs. I'm looking into buying the SAW's, but I would hate to spend all that money just to have the same problem. Thanks.
coilover spacers do not themselves cause the CV boots to tear or as you describe it as, "throw grease". there has been no issue of PRG spacers causing tears unless of course some moron gets a set of 2wd spacers and installs them on a 4wd, which would result in the angle of the CV joint to be at max and cause premature wear of the boot and the joint itself. now, as far as the SAWs you can get them but you must be careful not to adjust them with too much preload/ride height or the premature damage can occur!

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I have read that the coil over spacers cause the CV boots to throw grease.
Where did you read that?....

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I read all this on here when I was researching on what spacers to buy. I really would rather buy the spacers due to the cost, since I still need to buy wheels and tires. I have no desire to put a lift on my truck at this time, but I do want to level out my truck.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hmm....I dunno about all that and I don't want to jinx myself buuuuttttttt.............Ive got my SAW's at 3.75" of lift on my 4WD and have not had any CV issues. Probably been on for about 9 months. Go for it.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
ricepow said:
Hmm....I dunno about all that and I don't want to jinx myself buuuuttttttt.............Ive got my SAW's at 3.75" of lift on my 4WD and have not had any CV issues. Probably been on for about 9 months. Go for it.
just keep a watchful eye on those boots though! i've got two friends with titans that have had their boots get torn even with the lift well within' acceptable angle tolerances. but other than that the lift is not causing the tear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts