Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have DR's now but I sent one in to DR to get a rebuild (leaking seal 3rd one same shock:smoke: ) and UPS lost it in the mail, I insured it for 600. I called DR and it will be 600 to get one new one but since I have been having all those problems with them I was thinking about taking that 600 and going SAW. The only problem is the SAW are 950, I know a few have swiched from DR to SAW and was wondering if it was worth the extra money to swich to SAW?

·
Registered
422 Posts
correct me if i am wrong but i think you need a new upper control arm in order to use the saw coilovers, either prg or total chaos.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have camburg uppers, and yes for my ford but I am one of the only people on the ford site to have coilovers other then fabtech. So agin I remember reading that the SAW were a little better valved for the bigger stuff so a few have swiched. Kartman I know you swiched would it but worth the extra 400 (including tax) for SAWs over just replacing my DR? You told me last time stupid questions deserve stupid answers so in no way is this a stupid question do you like your SAW 400$ worth more then your old DRs? Also forget if its for a ford if SAW are better for titans ill put money they are better for fords also, real similar frontend and require almost the same valving.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
For the Titan, the mid length PRG SAWs require and aftermarket upper.
I believe PRG also has a similar shorter SAW for stock Titans that like the DR, can use the stock UCA, as well as a new long one for the bracket lifts.

If a Titan owner found a generic SAW and even if they knew how to properly select a proper spring for their Titan, the valving would be wrong. So, this person would need to find someone like PRG to valve their shocks for them at additional cost, not to mention the time and hassle. For a Ford guy this would be the only route to getting a properly valve coilover.

The Donahoe Racing coilovers are going to be valved better than a generic SAW, and have the correct spring for your application. But three seal leaks on the same shock?? You're lucky someone lost it. Just get the DR, or be willing to pay for custom valving and custom spring selection.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
newguy said:
. So agin I remember reading that the SAW were a little better valved for the bigger stuff so a few have swiched. K
How a shock is valved for a titan in no way translates to how it will be valved for an f150.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
While SAW makes valved shocks for f1's not just regular valving I forgot that you guys all buy PRG SAW's not just SAWs valving

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
newguy said:
While SAW makes valved shocks for f1's not just regular valving I forgot that you guys all buy PRG SAW's not just SAWs valving
actually SAW does valve them. just to PRG's exact specifications. :rockon

why don't you do yourself a favor and trade that 1-fitty in for a titan

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I might be real soon my f1s starting to give me problems, minor for now but still problems. My next truck will no doubt be a PRG midtravel titan no ifs ands or buts, when I fist got my f1 I wanted to LT it but the price was too high then so I went procomp but everyday since I have kicked my self I should have just saved and made the truck I wanted.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
newguy,

Have you looked on the Ford forums to find out what some of those guys are using? I'd think there are more choices for the Ford than the Titan, considering they sell umpteen many time more trucks per year than Nissan.

What about the Ford specific Kings?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah Ive looked all over but ford guys arnt into the desert offroad as much and very few even have coilovers and if they do there all dirtlogics. I like the king I just dont like the price as well as radflo makes coilovers for my truck but its all about price, and radflos are also more then I want to spend on coilovers agian. I was just looking to go SAW because of the 950 price and allready getting 600 back so it wouldnt be that much more money but kings are like 1500 and radflos are like 1200.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
no fords in the desert? you are high dude, there are tons of peoplke bashing f150s in the desert.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
newguy said:
Yeah Ive looked all over but ford guys arnt into the desert offroad as much and very few even have coilovers and if they do there all dirtlogics. I like the king I just dont like the price as well as radflo makes coilovers for my truck but its all about price, and radflos are also more then I want to spend on coilovers agian. I was just looking to go SAW because of the 950 price and allready getting 600 back so it wouldnt be that much more money but kings are like 1500 and radflos are like 1200.

I think you're not looking in the right spot. Just got back from lunch, and on my way out I saw a newer F-150 all done up (looked real good) with King coilovers and bumps. Looked like factory arms but hard to see as he drove by.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
maybe but the ford site I hang on doesnt have any desert guys and neither does fordtruckworld,com

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
newguy said:
maybe but the ford site I hang on doesnt have any desert guys and neither does fordtruckworld,com
You forgot no ford desert guys on titan forums

1 - 17 of 17 Posts