Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
was at the dealer today having my moisture defective headlight replaced, so while i waited wondered around the dealership and checked out the new Titans.
first off, WOW, they ran between 32K and 37K, for the new 08's.
secondly, i noticed they had this "bump" on the roof, over the driver's side.
i asked and they said that was for the XM and or GPS antennae!

anyone here have one of those? i havent seen anyones Titan in this forum with that on their roof yet.

oh, and i also saw the long beds! ... man they must be at least 9 foot beds, maybe even 10!

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
yeah i saw it while i was riding in to the back lot to see the rest of them and i noticed it and thought it was those orange lights like on ford super dutys and was all excited cuz i like those but then i noticed it only had one and was xm lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm waiting to see if they will give the option for Sirius as well. Since it's in the works for the Sirius/XM merger. That's the only option I'm hoping for when I get mine. Gotta have Howard Stern. Listened to him growing up...

Don't like the look of the whole GPS Nav system. Will be happy without it.

As for the long bed, When I looked at the one at the dealership it looked weird as a long bed. Dunno.. Might just be my point of view.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Yeah, I have an '08 Pro-4X with that XM antenna on top. I haven't taken any pics yet, but I know some of the other guys with them have. Love the long bed too!!!:cheers:

·
Registered
265 Posts
I doubt merger will go through....just listen to O&A on XM....MUCH better show than Stern anyway! Stern just don't give a **** anymore. I have XM and Sirius and RARELY turn him on at all....altough I've never been a fan.

·
Premium Member
3,840 Posts
GaryB said:
I doubt merger will go through....just listen to O&A on XM....MUCH better show than Stern anyway! Stern just don't give a **** anymore. I have XM and Sirius and RARELY turn him on at all....altough I've never been a fan.
The merger most likely will go through...

Clint

·
Registered
285 Posts
I saw a 2008 while at the dealership for routine maintenance. I really like that they have the 20 in rim option. I would like to get my hands on a set of those for my truck.

·
Premium Member
3,840 Posts
GaryB said:
I'd love to see it.....easier for me! How do you figure anyway?
Both companies want it, now it's up to the government to approve it.

Clint

·
Registered
265 Posts
THATS the problem....letting them merge sets precidence for other companies to merge that otherwise shouldn't be able to.

·
Premium Member
3,840 Posts
Does anyone have a picture of the new satellite radio antenna?

Clint

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Clint said:
Does anyone have a picture of the new satellite radio antenna?

Clint
hmmm, i dont, but im sure someone will post one before i go up to the dealer next time....then ill take a pic.

it kinda looks like the hump on a hump back whale.....tho smaller... :)

ahhh, heres some from NISSANUSA...., tho killcatzforfun did post one first

Attachments

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
clint, i took a pic of it today just for you ! here ya go !!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Kinda looks like the camera humps on the NASCAR rides.... :lol:

·
Registered
184 Posts
I just picked up my 08 CC LE 4x4 last Thursday. Options are Sunroof, Big Tow, Nav. with Bluetooth, DVD, XM and side airbags (and the long-overdue 20" wheels that come standard on the LE's). MSRP was $44650, got it for about $200 over the invoice price of $40180 and then took the $1250 rebate.

One of the things that drives me nuts is the "packaging" of the options. For example, you can't get the side airbags (important SAFETY feature) without adding the Sunroof, Navigation, DVD and Big Tow (HATE the mirrors). That's an extra $4600 worth of "goodies" that have to be purchased just to be able to add a little extra protection in the event of an accident. Doesn't make sense to me.

Anyway, I love the enhancements they made to the 08's. The truck seems so much more solid than my 04 CC LE that I traded in.

The only problem I'm finding is that because they are so new, there aren't many accessories available yet. Anybody know if the previous year's bug shields will fit the 08's? It looks like they might, but it's those little changes that usually throw you off...for example, I kept the Armada air dam from my 04 to put it on the 08...waste of time as there are no mounting holes under the 08 bumper (at least from what I can tell).

Anyway, I love my new truck so far.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
giffordt said:
I just picked up my 08 CC LE 4x4 last Thursday. Options are Sunroof, Big Tow, Nav. with Bluetooth, DVD, XM and side airbags (and the long-overdue 20" wheels that come standard on the LE's). MSRP was $44650, got it for about $200 over the invoice price of $40180 and then took the $1250 rebate.

One of the things that drives me nuts is the "packaging" of the options. For example, you can't get the side airbags (important SAFETY feature) without adding the Sunroof, Navigation, DVD and Big Tow (HATE the mirrors). That's an extra $4600 worth of "goodies" that have to be purchased just to be able to add a little extra protection in the event of an accident. Doesn't make sense to me.

Anyway, I love the enhancements they made to the 08's. The truck seems so much more solid than my 04 CC LE that I traded in.

The only problem I'm finding is that because they are so new, there aren't many accessories available yet. Anybody know if the previous year's bug shields will fit the 08's? It looks like they might, but it's those little changes that usually throw you off...for example, I kept the Armada air dam from my 04 to put it on the 08...waste of time as there are no mounting holes under the 08 bumper (at least from what I can tell).

Anyway, I love my new truck so far.

So u liked the 08 better than the 04? hmmm... I guess since mines heavily modded its kinda iffy for me... All the people at the dealer are like MAN why get another ur trucks BAAD...lol... makes me fel good.. but I dunno... since the dealer wrecked my stuff they might still get me an 08... Im pretty sure I can transfer all the mods over though but... man all the work...lol

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
hey giffordt, which dealer in CT did u get ur new 08 from?

wish i could get an 08 also, but im not even a year into my payments on my 05.... oh well. (got it in sept. 06)
congrats on the new one tho, and let us know how it does.... :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
pi3yeargrad said:
So u liked the 08 better than the 04? hmmm... I guess since mines heavily modded its kinda iffy for me... All the people at the dealer are like MAN why get another ur trucks BAAD...lol... makes me fel good.. but I dunno... since the dealer wrecked my stuff they might still get me an 08... Im pretty sure I can transfer all the mods over though but... man all the work...lol
Judging by your list of mods, you certainly have some serious time (and $$$) tied up in your truck. I took all of my stereo equipment with me as well as my chrome rims. I haven't decided if the rims are going on the new rig...although I think the chrome would look sweet with the LE trim and the Majestic Blue paint.

My service department tends to be jerks when it comes to mods. On my 04, they wouldn't submit something "under warranty" unless I took off the aftermarket rims and put the originals back on while they performed the service (tighten the lower control arm bolts). They have been awesome with everything else so I gave them a pass on that one ($49 charge). Anyway, I just want to make sure there are no brake or suspension issues with the new 08 model, so the Konig's might stay in storage until next summer.

Or for the right price, I might be willing to part with them. 20" Konig Open Road (chrome, see avatar) with BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW 285/55R 20 tires. Like new (mint) condition with only about 3,000 miles on both as I bought them new in May 2007. I paid $2,700 from Town Fair Tire in Enfield, CT.

·
Registered
184 Posts
phugoid said:
hey giffordt, which dealer in CT did u get ur n new 08 from?

wish i could get an 08 also, but im not even a year into my payments on my 05.... oh well. (got it in sept. 06)
congrats on the new one tho, and let us know how it does.... :)
Harte Nissan in Hartford...my 3rd vehicle through them. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts