Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a difference!! No more clunk and thump over bumps!! Thanks again Greg!!

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Glad to hear you have them back on your truck and it's doing great. Now just to get mine on.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The re-valving made a HUGE difference! Def worth the wait and UPS aggrevation.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
EXCELLENT!!!! Well, pretty soon my are coming off to be sent back for the re-valving. So can you go over potholes now and not feel like the bottom of the truck is going to fall out?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Juday said:
EXCELLENT!!!! Well, pretty soon my are coming off to be sent back for the re-valving. So can you go over potholes now and not feel like the bottom of the truck is going to fall out?
Havn't hit any potholes yet, but going out of friends development where we did them didn't slow down for the speed humps. Took them w/ ease! No clunk and no thump feeling.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No idea why but the drivers side was a pain in the A** to get off and the new shock back in. Passenger side was a piece of cake. Old on came right out and new one went right in. Go figure! :confused:

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Ha, that sucks. So I take it you did the install yourself? How hard was it to take the SAW off and put the stock one back on? I'm thinking about trying this myself this time around rather than pay someone else to do the work. Did you have to do a realignment after you took the SAWs off and put the stocks back on? (I'm assuming you did, but I just want to make sure).

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A friend of mine who has air tools and I put the lift on the first time. Then he helped w/ the removal and reinstall of them again. Did it yesterday so no place was open to get it realligned. Plan on doing it tomo since I'm at work today. Just to be safe.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Nice, have you hit any aggressive bumps/potholes since you've had them on yet? I'm curious to know if that "clunk" sound is still there, or if it's completely gone.

By the sound of your first few posts, it seems as though it has gone away. But, I'm just curious if it actually has or not.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Juday said:
Nice, have you hit any aggressive bumps/potholes since you've had them on yet? I'm curious to know if that "clunk" sound is still there, or if it's completely gone.

By the sound of your first few posts, it seems as though it has gone away. But, I'm just curious if it actually has or not.
It is gone!!! Hit a rough road coming home I usually go slow on. Took it at 40 today. Nice and smooth w/ no noise what so ever.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
So tell me in detail about the night and day difference between stock shocks and SAW's?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It def does ride smoother. Can take bigger bumps w/o slowing down. Adjustable height. I did have to get them re-vavled. I had the dreaded SAW clunk/thump. Re-vavling solved that though. Greg was awesome to deal with. Hoepfully that helps some.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts