Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty sure I have a bad ABS sensor because my slip/abs lights stay on and my 4x4 won't engage. I ran to O'Riley and ran their scan tool (CodeScout 2500B) but it came back with no codes. I'm assuming I need a Nissan specific to read what's wrong? I read a C2 Consult 2 will read it. Where can I get one of those?

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Cipher specifically reads the ABS Computer, along with ECU and BCM.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
I know that with our Beetle, I needed a VW specific scan tool to read anything other than basic OBD II engine codes....like ABS, AIRBAG, TRANSMISSION etc. See if you can find someone near you with a BullyDog or similar programmer that'll rear other codes....or just the dealer. Auto Zones reader may work but I'm not sure...at least they're free.

·
Premium Member
...08 Pro4X...
70,787 Posts
Did you top off the brake fluid?????????????

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Did you top off the brake fluid?????????????

I highly recommend against that....when everything is proper, a low brake fluid level means time to replace the brake pads....

You get a different brake light on for low fluid level...not an ABS light....

Reactions: TitanBlue

·
Registered
795 Posts
I dont think our trucks need a specific scan tool to read codes. I have scanned several at our shop with no problem. (Snap-On Solus Pro scanner). Make sure all sensors are plugged in properly and fluid level is not over/under filled. Should do the trick.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
BTW, A Consult 2 is the Laptop/Software Nissan techs use. Cost several thousand, not sold to the public. Cipher mimics the Consult. We are OBDll and CAN.

A Switch can fail, or a mechanical failure can occur, and no sensor detects it. So, Code Readers are not always going to tell us what to look for.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
You will need the C2 to run the diag on your truck to tell you which specific sensor is faulty. So you gonna have to take it to the dealer. Just make sure and ask them first to make sure they know how to use the Consult 2. Apparently some dealership techs don't know how to fully utilize the C2.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts