Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently we bought our first Titan, a 06 SE Crew with Big Tow. Love the truck but I'm missing my distance to empty that I had with my Avalanche. I was looking at the getting an UltraGauge which may still happen but I have a ScanGauge II that I've had for a few years that I normally use to check and clear codes on a variety of vehicles.

Last night I tried to get the ScanGauge II to work in the Titan but it doesn't seem function properly. It will read gauges but pushing the Home button doesn't do anything. I'm able to move forward in the menus but you can't go back, thus rendering it almost useless.

What I'm trying to find out at this point is what you guys have the communication Code set to, as in Auto, ISO, KPW, etc?

The only aspect of the ScanGauge II that I'm trying to get working is related to fuel, fuel remaining in tank and distance to empty.

Maybe the UltraGauge would still be better suited for this anyways as far as being able to show this information simultaneously.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I thought all Titan's had the "distance to empty?" M '09 SE does in the center display where you set all the maintenance reminders, etc.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Have you tried the Torque App with a standard ebay obd code reader? I've never checked to see if it supports distance to empty but it sure does a lot of other things. Super cheap too!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been thinking about that as well. I'm not entirely sure but I'm thinking the app has to be used all the time your in the truck in order to use Distance to Empty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts