Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I decided to take a huge chance and see just how accurate the SGII is. I had to drive over to Columbia and I left the family at home. I had about a quarter tank left when I started and was hoping I could get there and back without stopping to get gas.

When I finally started for home I had about 50 miles to drive. The SGII said I had about 70 miles left in the tank. Since I was towing a popup, it went down more quickly than normal.

When the SGII read about 40 miles left, my gas gauge hit the E line. So I said what the heII and drove on, going by the SGII.

Long story short, I made it all the way home. The needle was WAY below E and the SGII said I had about 1.5 gallons in the tank. When I filled up, I put in exactly 26.5 gallons.

Cool.

·
Registered
217 Posts

Among other things...Does anyone know if the Scan Gauge has the capability to read the air/fuel mixture? Thanks....

·
Registered
109 Posts
BLBJBranch,

I just recieved mine a couple of days ago. Did you need to adjust the speed on yours. Mine was about 2 mph slow compared to the speedo and my GPS.

Did you have to adjust the fuel amount on you first full fillup?

I love mine too. I bought it to help inprove my MPG. It gives you alot of info for you money. I ended up mounting it on my steering column close the steering wheel. This way I can scroll through the setting easily.

·
Registered
105 Posts
got one for sale, two months old, still in the box... 150.00 shipped.

Attachments

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NH-Titan said:
BLBJBranch,

I just recieved mine a couple of days ago. Did you need to adjust the speed on yours. Mine was about 2 mph slow compared to the speedo and my GPS.

I love mine too. I bought it to help inprove my MPG. It gives you alot of info for you money. I ended up mounting it on my steering column close the steering wheel. This way I can scroll through the setting easily.
Sorry for the late response. I just got back from a camping trip.

No I didn't adjust for speed, and it had been spot on. But on this trip I noticed it was 2 mph slow, too. I'll have to keep an eye on it. I also noticed the mileage is off with the odometer, so maybe adjusting the speed will fix that, too.

You don't adjust the fuel amount on the first fillup. You just hit "done". Then on the second fillup, you adjust the amount of fuel that goes in. I think that's what it said in the manual.

I screwed that up the first time, so I unplugged it from the OBDII port to reset it. It seems to have worked.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
3,907 Posts
NH-Titan said:
BLBJBranch,

Could you post a picture of your unit mounted?

Clint

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
258 Posts
Mine is 2 miles slower also from the speedometer and my GPS. Is there a way to fix it? I lost my damn manual.

·
Registered
217 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
so this unit tells you how many gallons is in your tank, your engine rpm, inaccurately displays speed, and gives you a voltage reading?? And it cost 170 bucks?? My Titan comes factory equipped with all of those gauges right there on the dash!! Does this unit do something useful like increase performance or remove the speed limiter??

·
Registered
785 Posts
Fox Delta said:
so this unit tells you how many gallons is in your tank, your engine rpm, inaccurately displays speed, and gives you a voltage reading?? And it cost 170 bucks?? My Titan comes factory equipped with all of those gauges right there on the dash!! Does this unit do something useful like increase performance or remove the speed limiter??
It can read and erase engine codes also.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
LandShark said:
It can read and erase engine codes also.
OK that makes sense - that Def would be useful!! Thanks
BTW - I was out at Ft Huachuca from '97-'99 - there's some good "trails" along the back of post to take a Titan wheelin on.....:cheers:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts