Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those with SGII and utilize the mileage/fillup gauges, got a question. When I fill up but don't put a full tank in, it seems to screw up the numbers. Is there a way to "reset" the fuel amounts to sort of start over? I like mileage and miles til empty gauge, but once in a great while I just put in enough gas to get me where I'm going. Thanks...

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
dank78 said:
For those with SGII and utilize the mileage/fillup gauges, got a question. When I fill up but don't put a full tank in, it seems to screw up the numbers. Is there a way to "reset" the fuel amounts to sort of start over? I like mileage and miles til empty gauge, but once in a great while I just put in enough gas to get me where I'm going. Thanks...
of course it is going to screw it up the fuel mileage feature is ment to work from full tank. I guess you could just hit the fillup button and ignore the miles to empty trip feature. That should do it for you.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is the miles til empty feature that I want to be accurate. My question, as I stated in the original post, was there a way to reset the fill-up functions without reseting the whole unit?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
roy365 said:
I havent messed with it yet.....but there is a feature on the fillup screen that does a + or -. Maybe that will compensate for not filling up? I personally fill up every time i get gas, just seems like a waste if you dont.

Usually I fill up all the way too, but sometimes if I'm in a pinch and gas is ridiculously priced, I'll put in only a quarter tank or so until I can get home. Yeah Yeah, I know I should just fill up even if it's more expensive, but I won't based on principle. We're already getting bent over at the pump (there's some great innuendos within that:eyebrow: ) I don't want to add to it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
There have been times when I have forgotten to select the "fillup" option, and I noticed that the next time around, it just thinks that I have put twice as much gas in as I actually did (the current fill plus the last one). So - if I only put in a few $$ worth, I will not select the "fillup" option. Then, the next time I do fill the tank, I will select the fillup option and accept the # of gallons that display, which should equal the short fill + the full fill.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
roy365 said:
I havent messed with it yet.....but there is a feature on the fillup screen that does a + or -. Maybe that will compensate for not filling up? I personally fill up every time i get gas, just seems like a waste if you dont.

Roy yours is gonna read the same all the time since its UNPLUGGED!!! :kiss:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts