Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone here has recommended the LineX spray-on liner but I was wondering if anyone has heard of Scorpion brand liner?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I had one on my Dodge and it was not very thick. It didn't hold up and got peeled/chipped off very easy. The material was soft/elastic. The only bonus was it could be color matched. I would not get it again.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AF-Medic said:
I had one on my Dodge and it was not very thick. It didn't hold up and got peeled/chipped off very easy. The material was soft/elastic. The only bonus was it could be color matched. I would not get it again.
Okay thanks. The guy that was telling me this said that it had a lifetime warranty on it - then again who wants to spend all their time getting things warranted.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I would go with proven winners. Linex would be my choice or Rhino

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
LINE-X all the way!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Scorpian, Speedliner, and Superliner are solvent based polyureas similiar to marine paints. You mix one quart of activator with one gallon of resin and brush it on, roll it on, or use a hopper gun. It takes several hours to dry and 72 hours to cure. They also must first apply an adhesive primer to the bed so that the bedliner product will stick.

LINE-X does not contain any solvents. It's applied using a preferred heat/high pressure system. It dries in about 4 seconds and totally cures within 24 hours. No primer is needed for truck beds. You also get a written limited lifetime warranty that's valid nationwide. Other brands my offer you a lifetime warranty, but it may be only valid with the dealer that sprays it. So, if he goes out of business or sells out, you're out of luck. For the month of November, LINE-X has a scratch-off card promotion where you could win a FREE LINE-X bedliner.

LINE-X Xtra, fortified with Kevlar, resists fading:

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
^^^ Thats some good info right there!

For what it's worth, I did the Herculiner stuff on my last truck and wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy. Chipped, peeled, wore off, too porous (collected dirt/grime in the pores), etc...

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Are there ever any Line-X specials that make it cost around $150? :teethmast

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Titangasm said:
Scorpian, Speedliner, and Superliner are solvent based polyureas similiar to marine paints. You mix one quart of activator with one gallon of resin and brush it on, roll it on, or use a hopper gun. It takes several hours to dry and 72 hours to cure. They also must first apply an adhesive primer to the bed so that the bedliner product will stick.

LINE-X does not contain any solvents. It's applied using a preferred heat/high pressure system. It dries in about 4 seconds and totally cures within 24 hours. No primer is needed for truck beds. You also get a written limited lifetime warranty that's valid nationwide. Other brands my offer you a lifetime warranty, but it may be only valid with the dealer that sprays it. So, if he goes out of business or sells out, you're out of luck. For the month of November, LINE-X has a scratch-off card promotion where you could win a FREE LINE-X bedliner.

LINE-X Xtra, fortified with Kevlar, resists fading:

That's some great info! Going with LineX as soon as I can afford it. :)

BTW how did you get that great deer skull in the back? I WANT I WANT!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts