Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now first things first. I know its a truck, and trust me I use it as one, but I got my first scratch and to be honest it pisses me off. I was taking my atv loading ramps out of the bed and they hit the tailgate. It left a pretty good scratch about 6 inches long. It definetely went through the paint but didn't leave a dent. What do you guys recommend I do. Should I just buy some touch up paint, take it to the dealer and see if they can do anything, or just take it to a painter? any other suggestions are welcome to. Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,900 Posts
Leave the gate at the painters shop and take the truck with you so you don't lose the use of it. You'll never be pleased until it can't be seen. Touch up paint looks just bad as the scratch.

Clint

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
Clint said:
Leave the gate at the painters shop and take the truck with you so you don't lose the use of it. You'll never be pleased until it can't be seen. Touch up paint looks just bad as the scratch.

Clint
:werd: That is a good Idea. Good thing it's the tailgate.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any idea about how much it would cost to have that repainted? They wouldn't have to repaint the whole tailgate would they?

·
Premium Member
3,900 Posts
Spot paint the color to blend it in and clear coat the whole gate. My guess is about $100.

On second thought the gate is small enough that they'd spray the color on the whole thing anyway.

Clint

1 - 5 of 5 Posts