Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey Im looking for help on getting a scratch out of my titan. I have Meguiars Scratch x 2.0 and it works great on scuffs and stuff, but not on the deeper scratch i have. any suggestions? cheap ones to be exact!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bumpppppp

Sent from my SPH-M920 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
you will need to either need to invest in a porter cable and different compounds or have it professionally detailed to get rid of deeper scratches.

Even with a professional detail that does not mean the scratches will be removed.

need some pictures of the area.

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
or buy some 1500-2000 grit wet sand paper, snad the scratch out and buff it out

·
Registered
763 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it is a different color bc of how deep it is. So if i sand it out what buff material should I use? and do I need a buffer or will doing it by hand work too?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bumpppppppppppppppp

·
Registered
432 Posts
it is a different color bc of how deep it is. So if i sand it out what buff material should I use? and do I need a buffer or will doing it by hand work too?
Damn. Sounds like it hit primer. If it is a small but deep scratch, here's what I would do:

Get some touch up paint from Nissan. Clean the area thoroughly including the scratch itself. Apply thin amounts of touch up paint into the scratch. Keep applying layers into the scratch until it fills the scratch to a level a bit higher than the rest of the paint. After the touch up paint dries, you'll need to slowly wet sand it down to the same level as the rest of the paint.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
i look at them as battle wounds...especially around here. gives it character imo

doesnt last for too long but ive just filled the scratch with touch up paint and buffed. the scratch will come back eventually. usually quicker when the weather is bad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts