Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked my truck up today from the dealer after some service, they had it for a week. When I do my "walk around" before I drive away I notice that it has been scratched on the passenger side from the V8 symbol to the back of the door! And again on the same side rear wheelwell. I lose mind and go in to see the service rep guy. He comes out and says "we couldnt have done this because no one is parked on this side of you." I asked if it has sat in this spot all week and he said we had to move it, but I dont think it happened here. So at this point I'm bout to choke him, then he says, we didn't do it but we will fix it. Told me to come back on friday when the "buffing touch up guys" are here and they will take care of it. I know it wasn't there when I brought it in, so why would he question my credability. Now I wonder if they will honor it this friday. I'm gonna call monday and speak to the service manager and see what the deal is. I'm still so pissed, I want to go over there and bust his ***. I felt like he called me a liar.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I would be the biggest A hole possible. They must fix without question. They cannot question your credibility!! After hearing your problem i will definately do a walk around of my truck before i give to the service department. It is just sad that you have to worry about this kind of crap.

Best wishes

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
i have to say, my experience so far with service managers at nissan has been horrible, i can't believe what happened to your titan, 1bad. as has been mentioned i wouldn't leave till something is done about it, i'd get it in writing. jeezuz christ, dumb *** service managers!!! hope they rectify the problem before you jam your foot up their rectum, or guns ablazin' :gunz:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I took mine in for its first oil change and also got a scratch. I work nights, so I was dozing in the waiting room when the service guy came out to ask me if I wanted it washed. "Its free", he said. Big mistake, but I said go ahead. When I did my walk around, there it was. A nice long scratch almost as if they washed it with a brush and a rock was in it. I was pissed.
Luckily, I know how to take scratch out. A lot of buffing later, it was gone. I did not even bother giving the service manager a chance to fix it. He seemed like a real putz and I was not in the mood for arguing. I will never visit this dealership again, nor will I be purchasing another vehicle from them (new Maxima for wife this month). I know I did not give them a chance to fix it, but scratching my new 27,000 dollar vehicle was enough to sour me right off the bat.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did you walk around your truck before you brought it in?

Did you walk around your truck before you brought it in?

LoadmasterC141 said:
I took mine in for its first oil change and also got a scratch. I work nights, so I was dozing in the waiting room when the service guy came out to ask me if I wanted it washed. "Its free", he said. Big mistake, but I said go ahead. When I did my walk around, there it was. A nice long scratch almost as if they washed it with a brush and a rock was in it. I was pissed.
Luckily, I know how to take scratch out. A lot of buffing later, it was gone. I did not even bother giving the service manager a chance to fix it. He seemed like a real putz and I was not in the mood for arguing. I will never visit this dealership again, nor will I be purchasing another vehicle from them (new Maxima for wife this month). I know I did not give them a chance to fix it, but scratching my new 27,000 dollar vehicle was enough to sour me right off the bat.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got a light scratch on the front of mine, but I did not look at it before I brought it in and I didn't check it out right after. The problem that I had was I brought it in then a few days later I noticed a stain in the back seat. Looks like it might of been grease, but I do not know for sure it was not there before I brought it in. So now I check it out just before I bring it in and right after.

LoadmasterC141 said:
I am self admittedly one of the most anal retentive people on the planet when it comes to my truck..so yes.

·
Registered
115 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
1BadTitan said:
I picked my truck up today from the dealer after some service, they had it for a week. When I do my "walk around" before I drive away I notice that it has been scratched on the passenger side from the V8 symbol to the back of the door! And again on the same side rear wheelwell. I lose mind and go in to see the service rep guy. He comes out and says "we couldnt have done this because no one is parked on this side of you." I asked if it has sat in this spot all week and he said we had to move it, but I dont think it happened here. So at this point I'm bout to choke him, then he says, we didn't do it but we will fix it. Told me to come back on friday when the "buffing touch up guys" are here and they will take care of it. I know it wasn't there when I brought it in, so why would he question my credability. Now I wonder if they will honor it this friday. I'm gonna call monday and speak to the service manager and see what the deal is. I'm still so pissed, I want to go over there and bust his ***. I felt like he called me a liar.
Sorry to keep repeating myself but I made a comment on negative comments regarding salespeople. My comment in effect was that salespeople are the nice guys just doing there job. You buy the vehicle and it's over with. It's the service people that are a pain in the butt. They are the ones that are going to give you white hairs. From the svc. advisors to mechanics to the jerks who park your baby . Advice is any service you can do on your own do it! You will not void your warranty performing your own work even if you are not ASE certified. Also if you know of a decent mechanic outside of the dealership take it to that guy instead of a dealership. Also no matter who you take it to ALWAYS no matter what they may think of you do a walkthrough with them outside and inside of the vehicle and make sure they personally see the condition of the vehicle and understand what the condition of the vehicle is when you brought it in. I do that all the time and I don't give a rip what they think about me for doing so.

·
Registered
79 Posts
1Titan said:
Sorry to keep repeating myself but I made a comment on negative comments regarding salespeople. My comment in effect was that salespeople are the nice guys just doing there job. You buy the vehicle and it's over with. It's the service people that are a pain in the butt. They are the ones that are going to give you white hairs. From the svc. advisors to mechanics to the jerks who park your baby . Advice is any service you can do on your own do it! You will not void your warranty performing your own work even if you are not ASE certified. Also if you know of a decent mechanic outside of the dealership take it to that guy instead of a dealership. Also no matter who you take it to ALWAYS no matter what they may think of you do a walkthrough with them outside and inside of the vehicle and make sure they personally see the condition of the vehicle and understand what the condition of the vehicle is when you brought it in. I do that all the time and I don't give a rip what they think about me for doing so.

I have always done my own servicing as well just to avoid problems, and I'm just home joe mechanic. Most of the time you just need a good manual. Simple things like oil changes, spark plugs, air filters, radiator fluid, etc. Sure its gotten a little messy at times, but I've heard lots of bad stories from friends taking vehicles to both dealors and quicky lube type joints. Once my Titan arrives from the factory, the only reason I'll bring it in for service is if its a warranty item or something obviously beyond my capability. Oh yeah, keep all your purchase receipts while its under warranty.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I'm happy to here that it all worked out for you! Even when they didn't admit doing it! Stuff like this happens alot! On f150 it was in for service and some guy who drives the trucks out onto the lot smashed my front fender!!! They had my truck for a week and when I came in to pick it up they tried to tell me it was there all the time!!!! I REALLY let them have it!!! :boxing:
They put a new fender on and repainted it. Why cant they just tell the truth from the start!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts