Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got to the truck to come home this evening I found a 24" double scratch down the left rear fender over the wheel. I can rub out the white marring, but the scratches go through the paint to the primer. This despite parking on the roof of the garage away from the stairs.

I am not happy. :(

Should I even try to attack this with touch-up paint, or just get the fender re-painted?

·
Registered
128 Posts
man that sucks, sorry to hear about it.........if it were my new truck I wouldnt settle for any thing less than a newly painted fender........I know how you feel kinda.....got too close pulling in my garage a few weeks back and fortunately after 3 hours of cleaner wax all was perfect again. Best of luck getting it repaired............

·
Registered
129 Posts
I left my truck parked at O'hare for 3 days. I was close to missing my flight and didn't have time to find a "safe" parking spot. When I got back there were several wavy, foot long scratches on the driver's side door, like from someone trying to squeeze by with some luggage. I plan to get it professionally repaired when it gets warmer.

·
Super Moderator
34,533 Posts
Man oh man, so, so sorry. :crying:

I think we all, in the back of our mind, dread the day that you experienced.

I check everyday waiting to see what I don't want to.

I keep telling myself, "It's a truck. It's supposed to get dirty and scratched. It's a truck."

But for some reason I've developed a different feeling about this truck. :luveyes:

It's not just a truck any more. It's something special. I want to take care of it and keep it looking great.

Get it professionally painted, even if it costs you more than you would like. It will be worth it to you.

37L1

Attachments

·
Registered
359 Posts
I truly hate to hear what happened, too...man, that makes me sick...how can people be so careless in a parking lot? I really hate it happened to you...

37L1, you brought up the point that I keep pondering: Just what is this special feeling about our Titans, that they are very special, beyond just a new truck...I've had many new vehicles over the years, but none that seemed so...incredible! It's really mystical, somehow...

·
Registered
155 Posts
So sorry to hear about your truck. I was sick with the small scratch I had on it when I picked it up. I have taken it to the dealer’s body shop as I also have a tack weld showing. My area is much smaller than yours and they recommend me just touching it up and then taking it to them to buff it slightly. I would go to a couple GOOD body shops and see what they suggest. Good luck and let us all know how it turns out. Believe me I know how bad you feel!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Briarman said:
Just what is this special feeling about our Titans, that they are very special, beyond just a new truck...I've had many new vehicles over the years, but none that seemed so...incredible! It's really mystical, somehow...
+1

Sorry to hear about the scratch.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I know how tough it may be to have something happen to your Titan. I've got on all 4s and used my shirt to get a bug off the bottom grill. I'm really sorry.

Anyways, what part of Gainesville was this in?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Most likely some big fatty trying to squeeze past...

Ever find your mirrors all out of whack after returning to your vehicle?

Fatsos!

They're everywhere!

Park far away from anyplace that may have food!!

·
Registered
497 Posts
why must people scratch the hell out of our beasts? sorry to hear about the damage done. dont they know its our job to do it on trails! lol well sumone left aroud 15 2-3'' scratches on my drivers side king cab :boxing: gonna have to buy a electric buffer or polisher now in desperation.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hwwaaahhhhh said:
Anyways, what part of Gainesville was this in?
Parking garage on campus.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Atsenaotie said:
...a 24" double scratch down the left rear fender over the wheel. I can rub out the white marring, but the scratches go through the paint to the primer...
It ends up the scratches were only in the clear coat. What I thought was grey primer was just the damaged clearcoat. My Nissan salesman Ray pointed me to an excellant body shop. Where three other shops simply quoted me a price to repaint the panel, this shop recomended wet sanding. The wet sanding worked great, and as soon as I get wax back on the panel it will look good as new!

My wallet is $85 lighter, but I am happy! :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had my Titan for a week when my wife dropped something while reaching over the side of the bed and put a half-dollar size dent in the side above the wheel in that kinda flat spot that's on about a 45 degree angle. It made me sooooo sick. Got it fixed and feel sooo much better now when I look at my truck. I feel your pain.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts