Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys when ive been washing my truck lately ive been noticing a few sratches on my hood and a few other places. i take really good care of my truck and i couls not figure out why/ where the scratches were coming from. the scratches, most of them, are into the clear coat. well today i was installing my billet grill and i found the culprit. the neighbors cat. we have
repeatedly ask them to keep there cat at home but it comes over and gets all over the cars. the lastg straw was my black titan. i like animals but a 30,000 truck i will not let this happen to. any suggestions short of killing it :gunz: :boxing: :jester:. i am positve the cat is the culprit and something must be done. please help :crying:

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Titan Greg said:
Pictures??? :) :)

I want one, just wanting to see more pictures and here about how well they install, fit, etc....

-Greg
the grill was a moderate installation. it came from b kool billets out of cali and simply is beautiful. the installation took about 1 1/2 hours by myself. the hardest part is keeping it aligned while marking off the holes. i will post pics tommorrow it was getting dark when i finished.

·
Super Moderator
35,645 Posts
got_titan said:
ok guys when ive been washing my truck lately ive been noticing a few sratches on my hood and a few other places. i take really good care of my truck and i couls not figure out why/ where the scratches were coming from. the scratches, most of them, are into the clear coat. well today i was installing my billet grill and i found the culprit. the neighbors cat. we have
repeatedly ask them to keep there cat at home but it comes over and gets all over the cars. the lastg straw was my black titan. i like animals but a 30,000 truck i will not let this happen to. any suggestions short of killing it :gunz: :boxing: :jester:. i am positve the cat is the culprit and something must be done. please help :crying:
Sorry to hear about the scratches.

Perhaps you can catch the cat in the act with your digital and talk to the owner about paying for the damage? After all, they are responsible for their animals destructive behavior.

What a shame. The cat doesn't know any better but the owners sure do.

Other than that, a cover or the garage?

Hey, it could happen to any of us.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Whatever you do, if you catch the cat in the act, don't spook it or you'll really have scratches in your paint! I did that one time and boy them claws sure dig in...

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
outahere said:
Do you park the Titan outside, or in a garage?
well sometimes outside and sometimes in the garage. its so damn big it barely fits, but i will put it the garage from now on but ive talked to the owner about keeping the cat at home with no avail :boxing:

·
Registered
250 Posts
The cat is probably jumping on your hood after you come home from a drive, right? They like to lay on the warm hood in cold weather. If you could put a cover on the hood when you get home, that may solve the problem (spray the cover with cat repellant). Better yet is to garage the truck, if you can. Sunlight and airborne pollutants are hard on the paint and interior, in addition to cat problems.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
got_titan said:
I used to have a Chow Dog that was deadly with cats. Any cat that ever got in the yard was immediately bit in half.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I agree kill the cat, it has to go lol !!!!!!

·
Registered
622 Posts
if i were you i would make sure that cat would never see the light of day ever again. i suggest goin to the local gun shop, grabbin yourself a rifle with a scope (a pistol with a scope would suffice as well) and park your truck outside. get up high from a good vantage point and stay there, bein ever so quiet. when that damn cat struts on by and you see it, line up your sight. wait right till its about to jump on your TITAN, then BOOM!!!!!!! blow that cat straight to hell where it belongs!! no one messes with the TITAN, especially some furball vermin infested feline!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Reminds me of a book titled "100 and 1 Uses for a Dead Cat"...I think the owner should control his pet...nothing more sickening than have that happen to your Titan...I hope you can somehow work it out...that's another reason I'm a dog person (although I'm dogless right now)...

·
Registered
339 Posts
I feel for you. I have a neighbors cat who loves to jump up and sleep on the wifes convertible. It hasn't created any problems yet so, I haven't had to kill it yet. If you try everything and you can't take it anymore then try some antifreeeze. Put some antifreeze outside by the truck and the cat will drink it. It will then kill the cat without the mess and hopefully not on your property. Just make sure you don't have any animals outside that will want to drink it also. Antifreeze is sweet to the taste, so I hear.

Good luck!
:flamed:

·
Registered
662 Posts
I used to have the same problem long ago when I had my Tundra. I bought some cat repellant pellets that I sprinkled around my truck and it seemed to have the problem. If you kill the cat and your neighbors find out, expect some retaliation.

·
Registered
56 Posts
got_titan said:
I had a cat that used to get up on the hood of one of my cars. I couldn’t kill my own cat even though I wanted too, and my dog was no help at keeping the cat off of it. So I tried this; I got several strands of duct tape and laid them upside down from front to rear across the hood of my car particularly around the spot that he loved the most. I would tape down only the very ends so that the strips would not blow away in the wind. Cats typically jump blindly on the hoods of cars and mine never expected the duct tape. It only took two incidents for him to get wrapped up in duct tape for the issue to stop. It’s almost like fly paper for cats. Good Luck!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
The trick is catching them in the act and then giving them negative reinforcement. I'd try spraying them off with a garden hose. But, if they try it one more time and you're not around, you're back to square one. I like the duct tape idea, I'm gonna try that to keep our two cats, Newton and Sprocket, off of the counters.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts