Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to get out of my truck while downloading and foot pulled cord out. truck wont start bd wont read anything. Man im i ever freakin out this blows. all i wanted was a glass of tea and look at all this trouble. guess i will have to contact dealer tomarrow.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
I dont know anything with BD or any programmer but u may want to try to disconnect the battery see if it will restart the computer.... IMHO hope u get it fix and not cost u an arm and a leg... also try call bd customer service maybe thay can help u

·
Registered
800 Posts
I hope this works out for you, i have a feeling the battery being disconnected should work for you. I am sure there is some type of safety back up in the ecu. ????????????

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
When first saw the thread name, thought it was about a problem with the Power Pup!
If there was ever a need to use a "I", this is it. As in "I screwed up my truck".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BD Instructions:

1. Before installation, always update the Power Pup™ online using our Update Agent. The Power Pup™ is an
online program that loads the latest vehicle programs from our web site to the Power Pup.
2. Only install during recommended install time. (Monday-Thursday 8am-3pm Mountain Standard Time)
3. Do not install while the vehicle is in a remote location or when the vehicle is immediately needed for transportation.
In the unlikely event that installation fails, the installer may need resources such as computer access
and internet access to complete installation.
4. Allow up to one hour for installation. The Power Pup™ easily installs in under 30 minutes. However, allocate at
least an hour for installation in case any problems are encountered during installation.
5. Before installation, always make sure that the batteries have a full charge. It is even a good idea to have a battery
charger nearby in case the batteries start draining. If the batteries loose their charge during a download,
the download will fail.
6. Before installation, turn off all electronics inside the vehicle including: headlights, heater, air conditioning,
stereo, any DVD players, etc. Failing to turn off all electronics may can prevent a successful download.
7. During installation it is very important that the Power Pup™ is not disrupted. If the download is disrupted the
vehicle may not start and the download process must be restarted. In worst case scenarios the Power Pup™
will have to perform a recovery process which adds even more time to the installation process.
The information above is extremely important to successful use of the Power Pup

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No BS, Hope your back up and running without any more trouble and not having spent any $. I respect your posting, not always easy to admit a mistake. Sure it will help others by stressing the importance to stay 100% focused when PP is in use. Get er running, and plant some rubber, its good medicine.

BTW: What breed of horse is that in your avatar? :lol: Neat markings, never seen a dog like that.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
turns out uplugging it was bad but wasnt the problem. The bd needed a different file to connect to my ecu. thus the fifteen minute wait was the problem in the first place, wrong file. I still goofed and unplugged but JROC was there for me all the way. After about 4 hours and about 4 or 5 program files it finally is workin. Bad news is that is raining outside so i will have to wait to enjoy the full potential. I cant thank JROC enough. Super customer service

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
turns out uplugging it was bad but wasnt the problem. The bd needed a different file to connect to my ecu. thus the fifteen minute wait was the problem in the first place, wrong file. I still goofed and unplugged but JROC was there for me all the way. After about 4 hours and about 4 or 5 program files it finally is workin. Bad news is that is raining outside so i will have to wait to enjoy the full potential. I cant thank JROC enough. Super customer service
Thats Awesome news, glad it all worked out. Jrock has worked really hard on getting the new unknown part#'s out as fast as he can. Can't help ya with the weather though :lol: Have Fun!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts