Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read the options sheet and looked at the trucks. But I'm still not sure which model to get.

I will mostly have mix of hw and city miles and several trips towing a 4500 lb camper (possible upgrade in 1-2 years). I'm also in upstate NY so chances for serious offroad work is limited at best - unless I slide off the road during winter. :)

Give the difference in options I'm trying to get a feel from current owners of SE and PRO-4X - if you could do it over, would you have switched models?

I'm not too interested in the LE due to price and the 20" tires (not good for snow or towing).

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
gksmith said:
I've read the options sheet and looked at the trucks. But I'm still not sure which model to get.

I will mostly have mix of hw and city miles and several trips towing a 4500 lb camper (possible upgrade in 1-2 years). I'm also in upstate NY so chances for serious offroad work is limited at best - unless I slide off the road during winter. :)

Give the difference in options I'm trying to get a feel from current owners of SE and PRO-4X - if you could do it over, would you have switched models?

I'm not too interested in the LE due to price and the 20" tires (not good for snow or towing).
SE

Because with the PRO-4X model you're getting options that you'll never use or care about. The difference between the two are shocks, skid plates and the e-locker. Get an SE and pick out the packages you want. Also - don't let them talk you into the 'tow package' if you never plan on hauling more than 7k lbs. It'll hurt your MPG and be pretty much worthless.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I have the SE and probably would never need 4x4. Basically, if you don't need the off-road capability, why pay for it and deal with additional maintenance or drive train issues.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As far as the utility box goes, it comes with the utility bed package. I need the bedliner so I don't chew the bed up too much when hauling wood.

As for the tow package, in a year or so I'll need the thing so I'm going to go ahead and get it now. Also I plan some trips to Colorado where they have real mountains not these small bumps they have around here. For mountain towing I'd rather have a surplus of power than having to help push the truck and trailer up over Vail pass.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
gksmith said:

I'm a little disappointed that things I got on my 2004 SE OFF ROAD, can only be had on the PRO4X now costing more. Things like the Rancho shocks, nice WIDE 285 tires, locking rear differential, chrome grill/bumper/door handles, and skid plates. If you like the white faced guages and red seat stitching, that's a plus. Nissan should have kept the 3 models only and allowed us to add things we wanted as options.
It sounds to me that you'd do fine with an SE nicely optioned with the tow package and 4WD.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Compare the two trucks and get the one you like better. I'm compared the SE and the PRO-4X. I opted for the PRO-4X I like the interior, gauges and other options better than what came on the SE. I also liked the painted front end. Some people prefer the chrome grill but I don't. I'm sure there are numerous options that you can get with the SE that I didn't get to see. I just compared the trucks that were on the dealer's lot and preferred the PRO-4X. You really can't go wrong with either truck. Its all a matter of personal preference.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I opted for the Pro4x primarily for it's cosmetics, red stitched interior and color matched bumpers and grill. If you plan on doing some serious offroad mods that will require you to swap out your suspension, the SE will be a good choice for you. But if you are planing on doing light off roading and the suspension mods will not replace too many things, the Pro4X is a good base.

The Big tow package is only $391 extra at invoice price. At first I didn't want the tow package either but you guys here convinced me and am now glad that I did. The BT mirrors are awesome.

At the end of the day, looks played a big part in my decision of choosing between the SE and Pro4X. I wanted a truck that not everybody had. So being that the Pro4X was a new model line this year, it has the new black and red stitched interior, and color matched bumpers, it was enough of a number of changes to differentiate my 08 Titan from an 04 Titan.

Go and check out the Pro4X in person and see the interior. See if you like the white face guages, red stitched leather steering wheel and shifter, along with the red stitched seats. If it's not a big deal to you, then go ahead and get the same options in an SE.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I went for the PRO4X for color matched & locking diff/4x4.
Nice changed from my 05 SE 4x2 to 08 PRO4X 4x4.
Maybe I wont get stuck again & have to get towed out from 4X4 & watch them go where I cant..

·
Registered
80 Posts
I bought the Pro 4x bcz I am planning to go offroad, and I am glad I did, bcz I hit pile of rocks and it ding the skip plate a lil bit...

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
honiton said:
I bought the Pro 4x bcz I am planning to go offroad, and I am glad I did, bcz I hit pile of rocks and it ding the skip plate a lil bit...
Which is exactly why I wish Nissan would go back to offering the OR package on other models. What if someone wants a loaded up LE for luxury yet would like to do some off roading to boot? They can't now!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts