Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever use this stuff? Does it work?

·
Registered
761 Posts
hell yes, that stuff is sweet!

I have used it on bikes, cars, and trucks. haven't done the titan, still only have 17,000 miles on her.

·
Registered
318 Posts
my mechanic reccomends it...acually every oil change is a good idea, must work good, i haven't tried it yet though

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet..looks like I'll be smokin it up in the next few days then lol

·
Registered
228 Posts
I used it all the time on my '90 4runner. Really cleaned out the engine. I poured it down the intake while it's running then let it sit for about 20min then start it up and it burns out the deposits inside the engine. you can pour it in the oil to clean it out and put it in the fuel like an injector cleaner. It's really good stuff. You shouldn't have a need for it in the titan. Just use good gas.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I've got a 98 civic with 117k miles thats going to get a full can of that stuff this weekend

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah it's for the Bronco. I had the lovley chance to take the Titan apart awhile back and clean as a whistle!

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I know it's one of them tricky things to add.. doubt anyone has added it to a 5.0 motor, but if you have, where exactly and which hose to put the stuff down would be great

BTW off topic..we're getting at least 15'' of snow in Denver metro area. Tomorrow will be a fun day for sure!

·
Registered
761 Posts
you wont get that much snow.

You put it in the vaccuum tube.

·
Registered
761 Posts
go slow so you don't kill your engine.

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We better get that much snow. I didn't move to colorado for the nice views!

Yeah researching it..apparently the brake booster intake line

·
Registered
318 Posts
you might have this much need for it in your titan now but im getting close to the 60,000 milemarker and it really can't hurt the engine so im going to be doing right out 60,000 i'll let you know what the the smoke looks like when it cleans out...really its just another way to show your vehicle some TLC

·
Premium Member
20,359 Posts
Hey Adam, I used Seafoam in my '91 Ranger a few months ago. I sucked the Seafoam up through the brake booster line. It resolved a hesitation in the Ranger, but I think it's smoking out the tailpipe more than it used to. I'm hoping it didn't mess with any emissions stuff. Maybe I just haven't run the engine enough since then.

I'm up in Vail right now. Been skiing the past four days. The snow is absolutely fantastic. Had 14" of powder yesterday and about 8" today. In spots it was over my knees. I'm headed back to Denver tomorrow morning. Hopefully I'll get back in town before the storm because my wife has no idea how to run my snowblower. :D

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Adam, I used Seafoam in my '91 Ranger a few months ago. I sucked the Seafoam up through the brake booster line. It resolved a hesitation in the Ranger, but I think it's smoking out the tailpipe more than it used to. I'm hoping it didn't mess with any emissions stuff. Maybe I just haven't run the engine enough since then.

I'm up in Vail right now. Been skiing the past four days. The snow is absolutely fantastic. Had 14" of powder yesterday and about 8" today. In spots it was over my knees. I'm headed back to Denver tomorrow morning. Hopefully I'll get back in town before the storm because my wife has no idea how to run my snowblower. :D
Wow up in vali eh? I bet the snow they have been getting has been great, tomorrow even better! Yeah get back to Denver early, suppost to start around 1pm with heavy snow..we'll see. We live in CO :eyebrow:

And that's one thing I was worried about..causing any problems. I think I'll try it (through the brake booster line). My Bronco runs like a champ. I just want to give it a good cleaning..but yeah if it starts smoking lol we'll have problems!

Reactions: cdbformula

·
Premium Member
20,359 Posts
My Ranger doesn't get many miles on it. Maybe 500 a year. So perhaps it's taking a while to clear all the crud out.

·
Registered
494 Posts
My Ranger doesn't get many miles on it. Maybe 500 a year. So perhaps it's taking a while to clear all the crud out.
I would suggest at least burning through the entire tank when you add it in because like many additives, as time passes, the ingredients begin to separate, lose effectiveness, and may cause other problems. Plus, seafoam is able to remove carbon buildup as well as a lot of gum throughout your engine, so i would think that it might start eating away at gaskets, hoses, and other things if it were to sit long enough. Don't hold me to that though as its just a thought.

·
Registered
365 Posts
The key is letting the seafoam go into the brake vacuum line very slowly. I use a small hose clamp to regulate the flow, trust me, it will suck it up very fast and possibly hydrolock the engine if your not careful. Let it sit for 30 minutes and start it up. I would only use 1/2 to 3/4 of a can. The last time I did this to the titan and our other 2 cars there was not much smoke for the titan. The other 2 were very smokey, neighbor came running over thinking one of the cars was on fire. Another neighbor (that I did not really care for) was gone and a realtor came by with some clients when the home was for sale. I don't believe those folks had any further interested in the house due to the "fog". Car ran like a top afterword.

Just use common sense when doing this as it can create quite an obvious cloud.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I've used this stuff before in my 95 Lincoln, and my 5.0 mustang. I let the engine warm up, got a small funnel and put it on the brake booster like and slowly poured it in while the engine was idling. I kept putting it in until the smoke cleared up. Let it idle some more then drove it like a grandma. Make sure you pour slow so you dont stall the motor. You'll be happy with the results

1 - 20 of 23 Posts