Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a small (quarter-sized), darkish stain on captain's seat. Tried very gently rubbing it with a damp grey washcloth using water only. Now have a large (hand-sized) stain on the fabric. Should have ordered those seats covers sooner. Anyone else have this experience? Advice?

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
surfnturf said:
Had a small (quarter-sized), darkish stain on captain's seat. Tried very gently rubbing it with a damp grey washcloth using water only. Now have a large (hand-sized) stain on the fabric. Should have ordered those seats covers sooner. Anyone else have this experience? Advice?
Might try OxyClean, it seems to work on most stains I have had to get out around the house.

Also, I got the protection package when I bought mine. If anything stains it, a professional company comes out to clean it. If they cannot get it out, the entire thing is replaced. That means the carpet, the seat covers, the headliner, anything. No patching either, they replace the whole piece. Might want to look into that after you get the stain out.

·
Registered
182 Posts
surfnturf said:
Hello Surfnturf:

For what it's worth....
I've been told using gojo hand cleaner and then removal with a wet/damp rag or a steam cleaner. Whatever gojo uses that takes greese etc. off your hands works great for removing stains like that.

NITEBLITZ

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
NITEBLITZ said:
Hello Surfnturf:

For what it's worth....
I've been told using gojo hand cleaner and then removal with a wet/damp rag or a steam cleaner. Whatever gojo uses that takes greese etc. off your hands works great for removing stains like that.

NITEBLITZ
another thing to try is a shop-vac and some warm water with a gentle soap. Rub a WHITE cloth dampened with some mild soapy water into the stain, vacuum it out with the shop-vac, and repeat until the stain is gone. Then, use just plain water and repeat a couple of times to make sure the soap is gone (soap residue collects dirt).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fabric stains

The thing about this that worries me is that the stains were caused just by water. Makes me nervous about using anything stronger.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I had stains on the back passenger seat bottom cushion when I picked it up Sat. Not real bad, and you have to look at it at the right angle, in the right light to see it. They tried to clean it but only ended up leaving paper towl fragments all over the seat. Salesman said they used a carpet wet vac thingy,.... right....
Showed the big wig I know there, he said if it didn't come out (was still alittle wet when I left) they would replace the whole seat. I am gonna try to get him to put in fog lights instead. Thats gotta be cheaper than a whole new seat. Then I will clean it myself with the GF'S carpet steamer attachment. If it don't work ....oh well..... dogs gonna drool on it anyways, so I will end up covering it up with a towel or blanket anyways, or even a seat cover come Christmas present time.
It looks like someone left the back window down during a rain storm. Only the seat had wet stains, not the door, headliner, carpet, seat back or anything else. Plus I noticed it had a wet door sill when I test drove it a week earlier, rest of the truck was dry. Rained on the way home with it and it did not seem to leak anywhere, so it probably was a window left open, stains looked that way also. Plus they are gonna replace the entire cargo door because of a couple tiny white scratches I found on it. Maybe I can get rubber mats instead and just paint pen it when those pens come from Courtesy Nissan Texas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts