Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having just picked up my truck 2 weeks ago and having only 700 miles on it. I noticed something odd. My seat heaters take a long time to heat up and when they do, I noticed that they only work on the bottom of the seat. In my wife's Pathfinder, they work on the back and the bottom. They also work on the back and the bottom in my 2012 G37. Is it normal for the seat heaters to work only on the bottom in the Titan and should they take 15-20 minutes to warm up?

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
At least in my 2008 both the bottom and back heat up. It also only takes a minute or two. If I have it on the high setting it takes a few minutes to actually get all the way up to temp, but it's nowhere near 15 minutes.

Another guy on here had a similar issue with his steering wheel. He took it back to the dealer.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My 2017 Pro-4x heats up quickly (less than 3 min) on high, both the seat bottom and lower back. The steering wheel heats up even faster.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My 2017 Pro-4x heats up quickly (less than 3 min) on high, both the seat bottom and lower back. The steering wheel heats up even faster.
Thanks for the response. I find it odd that a truck with 700 miles on it would already have a problem. hmmmmm

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
It’s a heating pad element and they take their time warming up, in my new Titan and 2018 Rogue. Personally I rarely use them and turn them off soon aftrrcas it’s not a pleasant feeling once it gets very warm.

Clint

·
Registered
16 Posts
You have Platinum Reserve so the Fronts are both heat and cool which do not use the heat pad but instead blow air. This is drastically different than the back seats which are also heated.

I had the same problem. There was an issue with the installation of the seat cover where the holes which allow the air to push through weren't aligned up properly. Took to the deal and they fixed it.

But make no mistake about it. It wont 1) warm up fast 2) warm up very hot and 3) warm up your back. That sucks but I was told that was 'by design' basically.

·
Registered
156 Posts
You have Platinum Reserve so the Fronts are both heat and cool which do not use the heat pad but instead blow air. This is drastically different than the back seats which are also heated.

I had the same problem. There was an issue with the installation of the seat cover where the holes which allow the air to push through weren't aligned up properly. Took to the deal and they fixed it.

But make no mistake about it. It wont 1) warm up fast 2) warm up very hot and 3) warm up your back. That sucks but I was told that was 'by design' basically.
I have a pro4x with heated and cooled seats, and mine warm up within 1-2 minutes and include both the seat bottom and seat back. There's definitely something wrong with the OP's heated seat because that isn't normal.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a pro4x with heated and cooled seats, and mine warm up within 1-2 minutes and include both the seat bottom and seat back. There's definitely something wrong with the OP's heated seat because that isn't normal.
That's what I thought. That is disappointing since this truck is so new. I was going to wait until the temperature was below freezing to test it and be sure. I have time to get it fixed for sure.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Turns out my instincts were right. Nissan dealer looked at it and said it was bad. New seat heater for the drivers seat is on order. Truck will be down for a six hour job to have it replaced. 1300 miles. I hope this isn’t a sign of things to come. Thank god for 100k warranty.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Turns out my instincts were right. Nissan dealer looked at it and said it was bad. New seat heater for the drivers seat is on order. Truck will be down for a six hour job to have it replaced. 1300 miles. I hope this isn’t a sign of things to come. Thank god for 100k warranty.
No, it’s not a sign of things to come it’s just a simple part that failed. It’s better to go bad now than way down the road and on your dime.

Clint

·
Registered
194 Posts
Was probably bad to begin with. That’s what the warranty’s for.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Mine is going into the dealer next week heated seats in my PRO X4 heat very slowly and do not get very hot I say this TSB but can't read the whole thing as I don't subscribe. NTB17109

Subject: SB 2016-2018 Titan / Titan XD; Climate Controlled Seats Poor Or No Operation
Summary of NTB17109:
IF YOU CONFIRM
The Climate Controlled (Heated and Cooled) seats do not heat or cool well, or do not work at all.
NOTE: This issue, if it should occur, may occur on only the driver seat, or only the front passenger seat, or both front seats.
ACTION
Refer to the Repair Overview flow chart on page 2.
See this bulletin for further detail.
https://www.nissan-techinfo.com/TSB/TSB_xml/nmIndex.aspx?tsbType=TSB

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The tech that is working on my truck literally just returned from trading on the seat heaters. Both hear and cooling use a fan. The holes in the seat and in the seat back are for both heating and cooling. He confirms that the fan was not turning properly. Now, unfortunately, the heating unit is on back order which tells me that this is a pretty common issue. I might have them look at the passenger seat too.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I am following this as well. Our CC front seats heat and cool OK, but I feel they can do better. Not a huge issue and I will follow this thread and learn a bit more.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'll be watching closely for an update, too. My steering wheel gets hotter than two hamsters ... in a wool sock to the point I can hardly touch it. My seats though, I can hardly tell that the seat heaters are on.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
2018 Pro4x.

Mine are so hot I sweat and have to shut them off for a bit. Same goes with my steering wheel heater.

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Those books in our glove box, HUH?

Page 2-61

Climate Controlled Seat (if so equipped)

The climate controlled seat warms up or cools down the front seat by blowing warm or cool air from under the surface of the seat.

The climate controlled seat can be operated as follows.
1. Start the engine
2. Turn the control knob to the heat side or the cool side.
3. Adjust the desired amount of air using the control knob.
4. When the vehicle's interior is warmed or cooled, or before you leave the vehicle, be sure to turn the control knob to the OFF position.

To check the air filter for the climate controlled seat, it is recommended that you contact a NISSAN dealer.

Is it using air across the seat from the heater core? Maybe that's why the climate controlled seats don't seem to be hot or respond as quickly like a regular heated seat?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So, I am told that this has to do with the Climate Controlled seats and not the heated seats. So those with just heated seats, I believe, do not have a blower fan. The issue is not with the heating or cooling element, it is with the blower fan not working correctly. My seats heat up, eventually (15-20 minutes). When they do finally come up to temperature, they heat up all of a sudden and almost burn my butt. That tells me the heating element is working just fine and the fan is not doing its job to move the air through the seat, which also regulates the heating element correctly. Without the fan, the heating element gets too hot and can actually cause a fire. (think of your run of the mill hair dryer). That is all I know for now. I'll come back with more as I learn it

1 - 20 of 156 Posts