Nissan Titan Forum banner

101 - 120 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
The climate controlled seats are better for 19’
In my 16’Xd the seats heated poorly. Had an update done that involved replacing the lower seat cushion and cover with updated parts. After that the seat bottoms worked great however the seat backs did not heat very good.
On my 19’ the seat backs heat up much better...
Agreed. The seat backs on my 19 heat up quick. The bottoms heat up slowly and sometimes only on leg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
mmm, maybe I should go cloth. Summertime I wanted cooled, but maybe just cloth with neoprene covers as we paddleboard a lot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2017 sv with heated cloth seats and the bottom doesn't heat up very good.I have never felt the back get warm.Is the back supposed to heat up?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Would love to hear any updates on this issue.

I had a 2017 Platinum, one of the reasons I sold it was my utter frustration with the heated and cooled seats. I didn't keep it long. The shame of it was, one of the reasons I bought the truck was how comfortable the seats were!

Kicking around a 2019 pro-4x, or maybe a 2020. While I really wanted heated and cooled leather, I could live with cloth as frankly it's not horrid when it's hot and not horrid when cold.

I test drove a 2018 yesterday (6k miles) and the cooled seemed to work well enough, but the heating didn't work very well. Seemed the same as my 2017.

Any updates (especially from Montyz) would be great!
I have a 2019 Pro 4X with the heated and cooled seats. The cooling works great the heat option works ok, but it's not the hottest around and it takes a while to get hot. The heated steering wheel neat. I thought it was a bit of a gimmick at first, but when I remote start the truck and it's cold out the truck automatically turns on the steering wheel heater. So when I get in the truck the steering wheel is warmed up already. I don't use it much other than that. I wished the heated seats would do the same thing but they don't maybe that's something to do with the heated and cooled seats as opposed to the just heated versions.
I have the leather seats, which I think is the only way to get the climate controlled seats, but I could be wrong

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
I have a 2019 Pro 4X with the heated and cooled seats. The cooling works great the heat option works ok, but it's not the hottest around and it takes a while to get hot. The heated steering wheel neat. I thought it was a bit of a gimmick at first, but when I remote start the truck and it's cold out the truck automatically turns on the steering wheel heater. So when I get in the truck the steering wheel is warmed up already. I don't use it much other than that. I wished the heated seats would do the same thing but they don't maybe that's something to do with the heated and cooled seats as opposed to the just heated versions.
I have the leather seats, which I think is the only way to get the climate controlled seats, but I could be wrong

If you put the knob on heat when you leave the car, the next time you remote start your car, the seats will heat up.

·
Registered
39 Posts
If you put the knob on heat when you leave the car, the next time you remote start your car, the seats will heat up.

Yes obviously, but every other part of the climate control system adjust itself for the outside temperature regardless of the system settings when remote started.
If I left the truck parked with the air conditioning set to cold it would actually heat up the truck if it was cold outside and vice versa if it was hot outside and I left the air conditioning set the hot it would cool it it down. I'm just saying it would be nice if this smart functionality carried over to the seat heaters.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Yes obviously, but every other part of the climate control system adjust itself for the outside temperature regardless of the system settings when remote started.
If I left the truck parked with the air conditioning set to cold it would actually heat up the truck if it was cold outside and vice versa if it was hot outside and I left the air conditioning set the hot it would cool it it down. I'm just saying it would be nice if this smart functionality carried over to the seat heaters.

Well. I have been turning it on for a year now before I leave the truck. I can’t say that I have any extra pains in my arm from turning that knob, but other user experiences may vary.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Well. I have been turning it on for a year now before I leave the truck. I can’t say that I have any extra pains in my arm from turning that knob, but other user experiences may vary.

Well I guess your seats have to be working for this to happen. Mine are always on but when I remote start they don't heat up. But mine most times only work when they want to so even if they do come on with remote start I would know anyways.

·
Registered
39 Posts

You don't have to be insulting, just saying.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Wasn’t trying to be insulting. Just trying to be funny.

·
Registered
134 Posts
My 2017 PR (heated & cooled seats), neither function works very well. Only the seat bottom gets warm"ish" or cool"ish", nothing in the seat back at all. It takes a very significant amount of time for them to warm up especially (at least 5-10 minutes before it's even remotely noticeable). My dealer says they're working within expected parameters.

·
Premium Member
3,501 Posts
Wasn’t trying to be insulting. Just trying to be funny.

Nobody gets humor anymore.
Clint

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
The problem is the medium typed words have no emotion or body language. Hence LOL, HAHA, LMAO, JK etc.. those abbreviations are yesteryears punctuations

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
My seats I swear don’t work right anymore I have a 2012 SL. Time to look at fuses or wiring

·
Premium Member
3,501 Posts
In two minutes I can feel the heat and the leather is not as stiff and shortly after that I have to turn it off as I don’t like the heat beyond getting the chill out. Five minutes is the absolute maximum I can tolerate.
Clint

·
Registered
177 Posts
My 2018 Pro4x still has no issues with the heated or cooled functions. My brother always comments when he gets in my truck how much better the cooled seats are than his raptor.

·
Premium Member
3,501 Posts
Nothing beats the climate seats on my 18’ Armada. I drove it this morning and in like one minute u feel like your sitting on molten lava!!!
There’s a moment when it gets just warm enough and you feel like when you were little and wet your pants. I turn them off as soon as I feel the heat.
Clint

101 - 120 of 169 Posts