Nissan Titan Forum banner

121 - 140 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
OK, here are some hard numbers for the heated seats in my 2017 PR. (Perforated Leather Seats).
All temps in Fahrenheit (sorry Canadian friends).

Ambient air temp: 34

All seat temperatures measured with my infrared thermometer.

Seat bottoms & backs starting temp: 33

Map of where temps were measured for both driver and passenger seat cushions. Small squares represent the perforated regions on the seat cushion.

Truck was started, climate control functions all turned off aside from seat heaters to max setting. I was standing outside the vehicle, and neither seat was occupied at any time during the test.

5:00
  • Drive A: 51, B: 52, C: 40, D: 39
  • Pass A: 50, B: 41, C: 40, D: 37
10:00
  • Drive A: 65, B: 66, C: 48, D: 45
  • Pass A: 66, B: 54, C: 48, D: 43
15:00
  • Drive A: 79, B: 78, C: 60, D: 60
  • Pass A: 78, B: 66, C: 60, D: 49

Seat backs for both seats were ~39 degrees regardless of location measured after 15 minutes. No heat detected anywhere in the seat back.

·
Registered
279 Posts
The rear seats in our 18 Pro-4X heat up well. The front seats are heated/cooled and do work, but could be better. I have not looked at the passenger front seat, but the drivers seat back definitely has a large enough white sticker or tag that you can see by looking carefully, blocking the a good portion of the seat back perforations.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think I'm holding off on a 2019, unless a killer deal comes along. I like what I see in the 2020, and there will be incentives. But one of my reasons for holding off is the heated/cooled seats issue. Guessing they didn't change much with the seats, but hoping they did for 2020.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have a 19 P4X with heated and cooled. My question is do the rear heated seats work on the legs and back? Only 1 seat works on the legs and thats it. Going to the dealer tomorrow but they dont even know if the backs are to work.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
(Posting this in the correct spot)
Hoping everyone can listen to this video. This is a recording of the noise my seat heater makes on my 2019 PR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
My 2019 Pro4x has heated/cooled seats. My issue is slightly different.
When I turn my seat to the lowest heat setting, mildly cool air comes out.
When I turn it to medium heat, nothing happens, no cool air, no hot air.
When I turn it to high heat, it gets satisfactorily hot, at times, even too hot.

I'm waiting on some trim parts on the driver's interior door post (warped and won't stay put around seat belt area) and when I take it in for that, I'll have them start on the heated seats.

I've had my truck for about 4 months, it has 7700 miles on it and it has not been a stranger to the dealership, unfortunately.

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
The funny thing is...heated seats have been around for a long time in vehicles. There is no reason for Nissan to screw this up. I'm sure they actually don't produce the heated seat mechanism but buy it from an outfit that sells them. They should either put pressure on that vendor to fix it or find a new supplier. I'm sometimes simply amazed at how Nissan screws up things that have been working in vehicles for years. It's like they try to re-invent the wheel instead of leaving well enough alone.

The rear axle failures on the first generation Titan are an example of this. Rear axles on the majority of cars will outlive the life of the vehicle. But leave it to Nissan to supply us with an axle that blew up because they tried to cut corners.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
The odd thing about this for me is that the reason why Nissan bought back my 2018 PR was the seat heaters (although it had a host of other issues). I am now going down the exact same path with the 19. I just discovered that the Platinum Reserve finisher plate on the tailgate is starting to come off, just like my 18. Obviously the seat heaters are not working properly, just like my 18. The next thing for me to keep an eye on are the wheel creaking, engine knock and transmission issue that my 18 had. If they all happen, I will officially be done with Nissan for good. “Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me!”

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
I just discovered that the Platinum Reserve finisher plate on the tailgate is starting to come off, just like my 18. Obviously the seat heaters are not working properly, just like my 18.
That's actually not surprising. The plastic bib on the tailgate of my first generation Titan did the same exact thing as did the mud flaps. They used some sort of cheap double sided tape to stick those parts to the body. The problem is, whatever tape they selected is not worthy of holding up to the elements and then it starts breaking down and the parts seperate from the body. I ended up gluing my bib back on and took off the hard plastic Nissan mud flaps and put on flexible rubbers ones that screwed to the body, which is what Nissan should have done in the first place.

Why anyone would put hard plastic mud flap on an off-road package vehicle is beyond me. They should be flexible. I actually knocked one of the rear mud flaps early on when I bought the truck. Was back in the woods bird hunting on an old rutted logging road and when I slid in one of the ruts a rock on the road hit the mud flap and broke the adhesive loose.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
That's actually not surprising. The plastic bib on the tailgate of my first generation Titan did the same exact thing as did the mud flaps. They used some sort of cheap double sided tape to stick those parts to the body. The problem is, whatever tape they selected is not worthy of holding up to the elements and then it starts breaking down and the parts seperate from the body. I ended up gluing my bib back on and took off the hard plastic Nissan mud flaps and put on flexible rubbers ones that screwed to the body, which is what Nissan should have done in the first place.

Why anyone would put hard plastic mud flap on an off-road package vehicle is beyond me. They should be flexible. I actually knocked one of the rear mud flaps early on when I bought the truck. Was back in the woods bird hunting on an old rutted logging road and when I slid in one of the ruts a rock on the road hit the mud flap and broke the adhesive loose.
They are actually plastic pop clips. No glue at all. As soon as there is any cold they shrink and come out of the hole in the tailgate

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Well the cold has been known to cause some shrinkage just be glad it’s on your truck lol

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
They are actually plastic pop clips. No glue at all. As soon as there is any cold they shrink and come out of the hole in the tailgate

OK. I thought it might have been double sided tape like the bib on my first gen titan.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
I’d be curious to see if anyone with a PR has this issue? Drivers side, just separating from the tailgate.

·
Registered
8 Posts
And... that's all for me. Was close to buying a 2019 pro-4x on a great deal. Love the comfort of the seats, but my 2017 had major issues with the seats (and paint chips).

I've been in a few 2019's and the heated cooled seats are spotty as all heck still. A real shame. This truck is SO close, particularly for the money.

This is why Tundra's still sell, as archaic as much of the vehicle is.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The odd thing about this for me is that the reason why Nissan bought back my 2018 PR was the seat heaters (although it had a host of other issues). I am now going down the exact same path with the 19. I just discovered that the Platinum Reserve finisher plate on the tailgate is starting to come off, just like my 18. Obviously the seat heaters are not working properly, just like my 18. The next thing for me to keep an eye on are the wheel creaking, engine knock and transmission issue that my 18 had. If they all happen, I will officially be done with Nissan for good. “Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me!”

Oof. Sorry man. The heated front seats in my 17 PR don't make any noise, but they also take 15-20 minutes to even start to warm up, and never get more than 'a bit warm' no matter how long they're on. But my dealer claims they are HOT and heat up quick whenever they check them. Clearly I need to be there when they test them next time, but I'm so frustrated dealing with it I hate going back there to fight with them about it. I'll have to check the tailgate finisher plate on my truck... great, one more thing to worry about...

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
Oof. Sorry man. The heated front seats in my 17 PR don't make any noise, but they also take 15-20 minutes to even start to warm up, and never get more than 'a bit warm' no matter how long they're on. But my dealer claims they are HOT and heat up quick whenever they check them. Clearly I need to be there when they test them next time, but I'm so frustrated dealing with it I hate going back there to fight with them about it. I'll have to check the tailgate finisher plate on my truck... great, one more thing to worry about...
Mine take that long too, but they do eventually warm up. There is a seat cushion problem that blocks the flow of air. It’s specified on a TSB.

121 - 140 of 140 Posts