Nissan Titan Forum banner

141 - 160 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
I only have the heated seats. I have to turn it off after 5 mins due to burning my a$$! Works great for me.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The odd thing about this for me is that the reason why Nissan bought back my 2018 PR was the seat heaters (although it had a host of other issues). I am now going down the exact same path with the 19. I just discovered that the Platinum Reserve finisher plate on the tailgate is starting to come off, just like my 18. Obviously the seat heaters are not working properly, just like my 18. The next thing for me to keep an eye on are the wheel creaking, engine knock and transmission issue that my 18 had. If they all happen, I will officially be done with Nissan for good. “Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Part of the reason why I had my buddy with a buddy shop take off my rear NISSAN emblem and smooth out the tailgate where it was.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Going in to have the seat heater fan motor replaced and the tailgate finisher plate replaced today. This will be my 30th time driving to the dealership if you include all the times I had to go in for the 18 PR. Because of that, I’m thinking that a Hyundai Palisades may be the replacement for the 2013 Pathfinder. The 19 PR is going to be around for quite awhile, assume I don’t have the engine and transmission issues my 18 had.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Going in to have the seat heater fan motor replaced and the tailgate finisher plate replaced today. This will be my 30th time driving to the dealership if you include all the times I had to go in for the 18 PR. Because of that, I’m thinking that a Hyundai Palisades may be the replacement for the 2013 Pathfinder. The 19 PR is going to be around for quite awhile, assume I don’t have the engine and transmission issues my 18 had.

I’d buy a Kia Telluride in a heart beat lol

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #145

Same car as the Palisades. I am not a fan of the front end of the Telluride. I just watched a comparison between the two and the Palisades came out on top. And I really like the front look of the Palisades. I do like the name Telluride though.

Here at the dealership now and (take this for what it's worth) the dealer just told me that the next Pathfinder is following the Explorer back to a body on frame rear-wheel bias platform. It will follow the next-gen Rouge in terms of styling too. There are some rumblings about an electric drivetrain option too.

·
Registered
792 Posts
[QUOTE="noel55, post: 8078928, member: 123

[/QUOTE]

Nissan needs an electric Titan...

Will at least solve the engine knock issues....Lol...

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Same car as the Palisades. I am not a fan of the front end of the Telluride. I just watched a comparison between the two and the Palisades came out on top. And I really like the front look of the Palisades. I do like the name Telluride though.

Here at the dealership now and (take this for what it's worth) the dealer just told me that the next Pathfinder is following the Explorer back to a body on frame rear-wheel bias platform. It will follow the next-gen Rouge in terms of styling too. There are some rumblings about an electric drivetrain option too.
And I like the the Telluride better because it looks like a Range Rover lol

My kids school district has a school in our league called Palisades.

Nissan should have never gotten away from the boxier look on the Pathfinder hopefully they get rid of the CVT on that vehicle

·
Registered
106 Posts
My truck spent Tuesday at the dealer. The conclusion, yep, you guessed it, "heated seats are operating as designed." Amazing that the "heated" side of the climate control knob was designed to blow cool air. The service manager's attempt to explain why it was normal was just plain silly. Oh well, I've always got the 'high' setting.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
My truck spent Tuesday at the dealer. The conclusion, yep, you guessed it, "heated seats are operating as designed." Amazing that the "heated" side of the climate control knob was designed to blow cool air. The service manager's attempt to explain why it was normal was just plain silly. Oh well, I've always got the 'high' setting.
That sucks guess you have to try another dealer

·
Registered
10 Posts

That was what my dealer told me 2x on my 2017, had really hoped the 2019's had been fixed but in reading posts here... doesn't sound like it. So unfortunately it's a big reason I'll likely pass on the 2019. Was thinking 2020, but guessing the seats are once again the same design. Huge bummer!

·
Registered
106 Posts
That was what my dealer told me 2x on my 2017, had really hoped the 2019's had been fixed but in reading posts here... doesn't sound like it. So unfortunately it's a big reason I'll likely pass on the 2019. Was thinking 2020, but guessing the seats are once again the same design. Huge bummer!
I understand what you're saying for sure.

I will add that since the tech "ran diagnostics and tested" them for a day, the medium setting seems to be actually working and high has always worked but I still can't feel any heat on low setting. I'm not sure if he reprogrammed it during diagnosis or what but I can live with medium and high but it's still frustrating.

·
Registered
371 Posts
On our 18 Pro-4X, when set to high heat setting, both front seats will heat up quickly; I mean within a couple of miles of driving. Last night I changed the switch from high to medium as it was getting a little too warm, and the medium setting maintained a comfortable temperature, though still a bit on the warm side. If I start at the low setting on the driver's seat, the heating is very subtle; the medium setting is also a bit subtle and takes time to warm up. I am continuing to watch this until I learn and read more about owner experiences. For now, I don't want the frustration of taking it to a dealer and wasting my time.

The rear outboard seats that have only heat work well in high or low settings.

·
Registered
10 Posts
On our 18 Pro-4X, when set to high heat setting, both front seats will heat up quickly; I mean within a couple of miles of driving. Last night I changed the switch from high to medium as it was getting a little too warm, and the medium setting maintained a comfortable temperature, though still a bit on the warm side. If I start at the low setting on the driver's seat, the heating is very subtle; the medium setting is also a bit subtle and takes time to warm up. I am continuing to watch this until I learn and read more about owner experiences. For now, I don't want the frustration of taking it to a dealer and wasting my time.

The rear outboard seats that have only heat work well in high or low settings.
Are your seats cloth or leather, and heated only, or heated and cooled.

I'm getting the suspicion that the real issue only lies with the leather, heated and cooled seats due to a poor design that will always be tough to fix. I could be wrong. Guessing the heated only use a more traditional (non fan) system that heats up fast.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Will look at the service manual later and see there is a stated temperature range for each setting..

The climate seats in my 16’XD we bad until dealer applied a tsb that involved replacing the seat cushion, diffuser, and seat cover with improved parts. That fixed them.

I have no complaints on the climate seats in my 19’ however I have never used the low setting. Also seems that seat back heats up better than in my 16’..I use medium or hi and once things feel good I just shut it off....

If u have a 17’ then look under the seat and identify the color of the seat cushion. If the color is yellow u have the old design and need the tsb applied.. If the color is a grayish white then u have the updated parts.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Are your seats cloth or leather, and heated only, or heated and cooled.

I'm getting the suspicion that the real issue only lies with the leather, heated and cooled seats due to a poor design that will always be tough to fix. I could be wrong. Guessing the heated only use a more traditional (non fan) system that heats up fast.
Heated and cooled seats up front.

·
Registered
371 Posts
And of course, leather is the only way you can get the heated and cooled seats. As I have posted previously, I can see a large (enough) white sticker behind the drivers seat back leather perforations if I look carefully. I am sure this sticker is not helping air transfer, and reducing efficiently. I will check and see if the passenger seat also has this issue.

·
Registered
2018 Titan Platinum Reserve 4x4
5 Posts
I had my 18’ Titan PR at the dealer last week for the driver seat not heating/venting on the back. The seat base frame is also squeaking like crazy. The dealer called and said they had to order an entire new seat (awesome)! But they don’t know when it will be in. :(

·
Registered
134 Posts
I had my 18’ Titan PR at the dealer last week for the driver seat not heating/venting on the back. The seat base frame is also squeaking like crazy. The dealer called and said they had to order an entire new seat (awesome)! But they don’t know when it will be in. :(
Congratulations. My dealer says my '17 PR heated/cooled seats are working normally; even though they do not heat or cool at all on the back (they say they aren't supposed to) and the seat bottoms don't get detectably warm until after 15+ minutes of driving.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently got a 2019 PR brand new, i love it and had no problems except for the temp controlled seats, it worked when I drove it off the lot but a week later i was driving out of town with the cooling function on and it worked but not for long and noticed the light indicator had turned off and it was in the low cool setting. After turning off the vehicle and turning it back on the light indicator will turn on but now goes off within a few minutes, passenger seat doesn't seem to have that issue, will turn them both on on the way to work later. Thought it was odd and glad i was finally able to get some type of information

·
Registered
2018 Titan Platinum Reserve 4x4
5 Posts
So they finally got all the parts in for my seat. The lower frame replacement stopped the squeaking and they replace the chil pad unit as that had failed. Picked up today and still no ventilation coming out the back of the seat and now the memory seat is not working correctly. Gotta take it back.

141 - 160 of 169 Posts