Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 06 titan cc le and have found like others that the interior is garbage. first my steering wheel is withering away and and the black part is getting bigger by the day. also my seat foam likes to either move or break as the metal bars that make up the seat can be felt rather easily. i had the backrest ection fixed once and it came back. anyone have similar issues? what did you do to fix it? oh and my passanger seat likes to wiggle when i drive, dealer told me it was tight?

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
I have similar issues with the passenger seat... still trying to get the dealer to fix. mine makes racket going down the road and the seat back is off track.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the dealer fixed mine once but now i can feel the bars on my back and *** again.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I got 75000 miles on my 04 and have already replace my seat foam on the drivers side and the seat still feels like a piece of ****. Ive heard the 08s seats are made better. May want to try an 08 seat out of junk yard

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got 75000 miles on my 04 and have already replace my seat foam on the drivers side and the seat still feels like a piece of ****. Ive heard the 08s seats are made better. May want to try an 08 seat out of junk yard
its awful, i was going to get some seat covers and some memory foam and see if that helps.

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
54k and my interior looks like brand new, minus the left side of the drivers seat from my big a$$ climbing in/out

·
Registered
693 Posts
I'm pretty anal about the interior, and every vehicle I've ever owned get's a steering wheel cover. Found one that exactly matches my interior color. My hands are just too often dirty and I don't like the steering wheel getting that almost permanent worn in stain.
As for the seats, I've got almost 60k on my 06 and still think the seat is in great shape...I always keep one of the ventilating seat covers on there, so maybe that helps. I have to say that my seat leather (mostly vinyl) seems to hold up much better over time than any GM leather I have seen. My seat edges don't really have any creases or wear to speak of...maybe it's the seat cover, maybe it's the 303 dressing, don't know.
The 05 Tundra I had previous to this truck had terribly uncomfortable seats, so I'm happy right now.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wheel skinz has some nice looking leather steering wheel wraps. looks to be 50 bucks well spend. 54 warrior, thats exactly where the problems are on mine, the seat support is getting me right in the ***.

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
yep, I would have to say that the 08 is better then the 06

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have only 54.000 on my front seat and the metal is already coming though, by looking inside the seat you can see it's set up to fail. By setting back enough times the metal edge that's there will wear though the foam backing. The dealer at Quality Nissan of Temecula looked at it and said the foam is wearing, with out even looking inside like you can with the 08' titan that I have. So this Assist Manager of Service doesn't even know what he is looking at, what a dumb ***
So if you do plan on replace the foam it will fail again and again until those so called smart design *** know what to do.

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
04 with 73k miles. Now starting to develop the sand paper effect on the left side of the steering wheel, upper. I dont even put my hands there and it's flaking away and is rough. I just feel it when turning the wheel.

Driver side seat, top layer is starting to separte from side layer exposing yellow foam inside. Dash paint is chipping away under volume knob, and paint chipping away on audio controls on wheel.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Here's an expensive fix...one I know you probably don't wanna hear but...lol...here goes... go drive a new one! They really upped the materials on the 08s/09s. My drivers seat fabric in my 04 was replaced twice.

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
I'm going for leather.

·
Registered
542 Posts
When I had decided on a Titan, I specifically looked for an LE simply because of the leather. I'm not a trim snob, and all of my previous trucks have been fabric, but the Titan cloth (pre-08) was so sub-standard in quality that I was astounded. Hell, even the leather I have is junk, for the most part. I can't imagine having that t-shirt quality cloth crap.

This isn't my first experience with Nissan, so suffice to say sub-standard interiors are one of the MO's for them, unfortunately.

Oh, and my steering wheel has lost it'd dye and finish over about 50% of the surface.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts