Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone with a 2020 Pro 4X with black seats having a problem with the black peeling or chipping off. My drivers side seat is cracking and peeling some. Seems a little early for that. I've only had it a year and really not in and out of it a lot.

Adam

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
73,332 Posts
They make leather conditioner and have for decades.

·
Premium Member
73,332 Posts
Please share what you are using then, because it isn't working. That leather looks dry as the Sahara.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Looks like sun damage. Shouldn't happen on a 2020. My seats looks like new but I use Lexol. Unless you're 300lbs and drag yourself in and out or live in Phoenix it's not really explainable.

·
Registered
2017 Nissan Titan pro4x
42 Posts
Man I’ve used a few leather conditioners in my short time but I found leather honey and never looked back. It’s literally like honey and coats like no other. Hope the best man, it’s seems too early even without regular maintenance!

·
Registered
209 Posts
No real reason why the leather should peel. They usually coat it with urethane from factory I believe. Since it’s only on the piping there must have been a problem there. A re-skin may be in order. May be worth it to pick up a Nissan leather product if it’s under warranty. CYA.

I’ve used Leatherique on an older high quality motorcycle jacket. It may have helped nourish the leather but the jacket dye/coating started lifting in places.

I’ve also heard Armor All or any silicone based products are terrible. That they magnify UV and cook vinyl dashes, leather seats and tires. Is there silicone in Chemical Guys? I heard they used to be good but we’re bought out/sold and quality dropped.

edit: you said chemical bros, my error

Of the mass produced brands as far as product lines go Meguires and Adam’s are both respected across product lines.

If you’re not looking to warranty you can use shoe scuff dye (kiwi) to cover it. Maybe sanding too but I really never have done any sanding on leather.

Anyway hopefully restricted to the seam piping only.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Wondering if anyone with a 2020 Pro 4X with black seats having a problem with the black peeling or chipping off. My drivers side seat is cracking and peeling some. Seems a little early for that. I've only had it a year and really not in and out of it a lot.

Adam

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
Too early for sure. Treat it with Leather cleaner and leather oil.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts