Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, I was out last night at another Nissan dealer so I could see what their "low, no haggle price" was. Turns out they were posting MSRP and adding their own handling fee (which I thought was already included in MSRP). Didn't drive it again because the main building was under construction and there were temporary buildings set up (trailers). Plus it was cold so aapparently they didn't see customers entering the lot. So I left sad that I don't have a Titan.

Next stop was a Dodge dealer, so I went in to drive something. Picked out a loaded Ram and drove that. I will admit that it was more powerful than I remember. Maybe something was wrong with the first one I drove. Of course they want to take you inside and "talk to their manager". He asked how I liked it. I told him that it was nice, but not my first choice. He asked what was. When I told him that it was the Titan, the only case he could make for the Ram was "you don't want a girls truck, you want a man's truck". I told him that was a pretty weak defense of the Ram and I left.

I guess its truck envy that their stuck selling Dodges instead of Titan: Lord of the Trucks!

I got a really sleazy vibe from them too. The salesperson was quoting stuff that wasn't true. She said, "you know one of these will walk away from a Mustang Cobra?" and tells me this story of how they lined up against one. When I started quoting numbers at her about the Mustang Cobra and the Ram Hemi that shows her story is mathematically impossible she backed off.

Titan sells itself! I sure wish I had one :crying:

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
ChuBaca...

Sounds like an interesting experience.

The local San Diego dealer www.mossy.com has about 30 on thier lots right now (6 lots) and they are all $1000 off MSRP. Thats better than what they are offering there it seems. I got mine for $1400 off at my dealer here...but it took a lot of back and forth games.

IF saving $1k off MSRP for a short fly and drive back, Mossy might be a good bet for you. Just a thought.

Chris

·
Registered
74 Posts
What Nissan dealership did you go to? I ordered mine from Peak Nissan on Wadsworth, good people and very helpful.

·
Registered
80 Posts
for sure, out here in Cali the competition is pretty fierce. Mossy down in SD is making deals, I bought mine in Irvine and got $2600 off MSRP. You guys who are looking around might want to get on the Nissan site, build the EXACT truck you want and then start searcing Cali zips. Bet you find something.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Guys,

Don't pay full MSRP for these. Just about everywhere you should be able to get for a little less. Price the no haggle first, and then comparison shop. Also, with Nissan it's easy because once you know what you want XE, SE, or LE, and KC vs CC, the trucks on the lots are all the same except for color and a choice of a couple packages. Here everything has the utility bed package, so the only difference was tow pckg, pop pckage, and offroad.

Drive a little further for the right deal and compare many dealers. When you deal, let them know you've dealt other places and are looking for the right price and right truck.

Good luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought a red LE CC 2 weeks ago but I won't get it until May. Although that is a long time to wait I did my homework and feel that the Titan is worth the wait. When you are spending that kind of money on a truck you want to be sure that you get what you want. Don't settle for something less. I am going to be riding my bike and the bus until May but it will be all worth it when it comes in.

FYI - I live in Calgary Canada and the dealers here were not willing to budge on price either...until I had another deal (via Vancouver) almost done. I walked into a completely different dealer than the one I had been dealing with to check out an interior color. I basically told him that I had a deal for $2000 Cdn ($1400 US) over Invoice....all I had to do was say yes to the deal. He invited me in to try to beat it. Skeptical, as dealers here trying to sell them all at MSRP, I went in and to my surprise they beat it. ($2400 Cdn off MSRP) Done deal. The salesman had never even seen a CC yet they are so new up here.

Bottom line is that as long as dealers are still making some money they are not willing to lose a guaranteed sale. Do your homework and get the best price you can, then walk into your local dealer with a take it or leave it offer. As long as it's fair - I bet they wil take it.

Good luck.

·
Registered
105 Posts
second look at a Hemi

Predat0r said:
I bought a red LE CC 2 weeks ago but I won't get it until May. Although that is a long time to wait I did my homework and feel that the Titan is worth the wait. When you are spending that kind of money on a truck you want to be sure that you get what you want. Don't settle for something less. I am going to be riding my bike and the bus until May but it will be all worth it when it comes in.

FYI - I live in Calgary Canada and the dealers here were not willing to budge on price either...until I had another deal (via Vancouver) almost done. I walked into a completely different dealer than the one I had been dealing with to check out an interior color. I basically told him that I had a deal for $2000 Cdn ($1400 US) over Invoice....all I had to do was say yes to the deal. He invited me in to try to beat it. Skeptical, as dealers here trying to sell them all at MSRP, I went in and to my surprise they beat it. ($2400 Cdn off MSRP) Done deal. The salesman had never even seen a CC yet they are so new up here.

Bottom line is that as long as dealers are still making some money they are not willing to lose a guaranteed sale. Do your homework and get the best price you can, then walk into your local dealer with a take it or leave it offer. As long as it's fair - I bet they wil take it.

Good luck.
Your right, I live in Ontario Canada, and I got my best deal by shopping around. I phoned Toronto for pricing on my King Cab LE and he quoted me what he called "an Aggressive price" so I went to my local dealer and got $2500. off - called Toronto back and asked him if he could be more "aggressive" and he called me back 4 hours later and said that they could not beat my deal! So I am happy and will have my LE in 6 weeks. Can't wait!

Have a great day!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Campsmoke

campsmoke said:
Your right, I live in Ontario Canada, and I got my best deal by shopping around. I phoned Toronto for pricing on my King Cab LE and he quoted me what he called "an Aggressive price" so I went to my local dealer and got $2500. off - called Toronto back and asked him if he could be more "aggressive" and he called me back 4 hours later and said that they could not beat my deal! So I am happy and will have my LE in 6 weeks. Can't wait!

Have a great day!

Where in Ontario do you live? Just curious because I am from Sudbury.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
COHawk, I went to John Elway Nissan on 104th, which is kinda far for me, but I wanted to see the "no haggle" price. I really like to car shop. Usually, I'll check MSRP and Invoices online. Then I'll go to check the "no haggle" price because it is usually lower than MSRP, but it can be beat. Right now I have an e-mail out to Automotive Avenues (6th ave frontage road between Kipling an Simms). It is a dealership for credit union members. Typically they are going to be the cheapest, plus they are the MOST laid back, no pressure car salespeople I have ever dealt with. You truly feel like they are there to help you get a car rather than make sale (their not paid on commission). I'll see what they come up with, then I'll see if anyone can beat it.

So far, this is what I've figured. I want the Crew cab, 4x4, with the Off-road package and the captains chairs in gray and/or black interior. Not sure about SE or LE because I'd like leather, but I don't absolutely have to have it. Also, I'm going for the Galaxy black or Smoke. What has everyone been paying for an SE like I've described (the dollar value, not the amount over/under MSRP or invoice).

·
Registered
105 Posts
where in Ontario?

keane said:
Where in Ontario do you live? Just curious because I am from Sudbury.
Hi, I live in North Bay, Ontario. One of my sons lives in Sudbury [ Actually lives in the "Valley"], my regional office is in Sudbury, however, I am what they call a "detached representative" and I only go there once a month. Hope you enjoy your Titan! I can hardley wait for mine to arrive! It is on route as we speak from Canton USA.

Norm :cheers:

·
Registered
74 Posts
ChuhBaca, I actually drove all the way up the the 104th Elway store as well, got to take a Crew Cab LE on some back dirt road to put it in 4X4, which was a lot of fun. I talked with the Internet Sales Manager and he said he wouldn't budge from MSRP because "he doesn't have to, everyone wants this truck and it sells itself." I said thanks and left. I got Peak down to about 1500 below MSRP which was really good for the middle of December. You could probably do a little better by now, seams like you have a good plan though.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Durocab, your right about Elway. Actually, the John Elway dealerships in Colorado are Autonation, which I understand are nationwide. He used to own some car dealerships, but he has long since sold them. Now Autonation pays him to use his name and that's the extent of his involvement.
Not really a football fan anyways, especially not a Bronco fan. I am a Colorado Avalanche/hockey fan.
COHawk, it sounds like you've got pretty close to what I want. Did you get the captains chairs or the bench? Also, what did $1,500 under MSRP come to?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Actually I have never been Elk Hunting. My biggest thing is dirt biking. I have surprised several deer on the trails as well as almost squashing a wild turkey. I don't think that would be too appetizing though, with a knobby track down the middle!

·
Registered
74 Posts
COHawk, it sounds like you've got pretty close to what I want. Did you get the captains chairs or the bench? Also, what did $1,500 under MSRP come to?[/QUOTE]

I got the captains chairs, I don't need someone sitting next to me. I would rather have to room for myself. MSRP was 36520 I got it for 35000.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I would kinda like to be able to carry the extra passenger, but that center mounted shifter is just so cool! So on the rare occasion that I could use the extra seat, I'll just have to tell someone to drive their own car! Thanks Hawk.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts