Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I have to say great site! I'm not an owner yet, but should be within the next week or so. I can't wait to experience that enormous V8. I'm diligently, doing my homework and research in the mean time.

My question is this: My truck will be used to haul my two dirt bikes on the weekend. I'm specifically looking for the special cargo option with the load lock feature. Does anyone know if it has enough tie down points(4) in the front/floor of the bed for two bikes? I'm not familiar how that system works yet, but noticed only two rails running down the middle of the bed.

Is anyone doing the same?

I can't wait to ditch the trailer gig.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Well, hurry up and get one....:rockon

The Utli-trak option is well worth it IMHO...I haul 2 dirt bikes all the time.
In addition to the track system the bed still has the factory tie down points, 2 in the front and 2 in the rear...

Here's a pic of one bike loaded, I Photo-shopped a second tie down that would go to the bars of the second bike if it was there...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Just as Loufish showed. I can even load 2 450s in the kingcab reg bed, with the tailgate down, if done cleverly.
There are 4 tiedown cleats even without the utili-trac system. I dont even use it normally when going to the race track. One thing i will say is that GM and toyota copied the system and it is just not as beefy as nissans. Maby Since Nissan had it first they have a patent or somthing

BTW where are you from?

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
One thing i will say is that GM and toyota copied the system and it is just not as beefy as nissans. Maby Since Nissan had it first they have a patent or somthing
Man have you seen GM's system?, it looks like it was a cobbled on afterthought - terrible compared to ours...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks guys. I'm getting real antzy...I hate shopping for a vehicle. I found one with everything I want ('06 SE loaded, Crew Cab, 2x4, tow pkg, with the utili-trac option, 26k miles), but....it's white. My wife has a white Quest, so I'm really wanting another color. I'm looking at used because I'm trying to keep the monthly outlay lower to make financial room for the boat next spring. :thumbsup:

We're in North Florida. Looking to haul my CRF450R and my son's CR85R, and all the gear for day trips to the track, and weekend camping trips with the bikes.

Loufish- I see you're another smart Red Rider......nice black wheels on that XR!

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Loufish- I see you're another smart Red Rider......nice black wheels on that XR!
Thank you...you couldn't see the Talon hubs!
Got a smoken' deal...both wheels and hubs laced with spline nipples and SS spokes, and brand new Dunlops and tubes...mounted, ready to go...$600 !

·
Registered
66 Posts
loufish said:
Thank you...you couldn't see the Talon hubs!
Got a smoken' deal...both wheels and hubs laced with spline nipples and SS spokes, and brand new Dunlops and tubes...mounted, ready to go...$600 !
Can that deal still be found?

·
Registered
6,373 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
450xDaD said:
First off, I have to say great site! I'm not an owner yet, but should be within the next week or so. I can't wait to experience that enormous V8. I'm diligently, doing my homework and research in the mean time.

My question is this: My truck will be used to haul my two dirt bikes on the weekend. I'm specifically looking for the special cargo option with the load lock feature. Does anyone know if it has enough tie down points(4) in the front/floor of the bed for two bikes? I'm not familiar how that system works yet, but noticed only two rails running down the middle of the bed.

Is anyone doing the same?

I can't wait to ditch the trailer gig.
I got my 08 CC Long wheel base just for this! You can haul 2 full size dirt bikes with the tailgate up! We can put 2 full size, a 125 and another 250 on the hitch carrier for a total carry of 4 bikes. I think we could probably even fit 2 full size 250's, 2 125's and a 250 on the hitch. The utiltrack system is absolutely incredible, best most underrated design feature ever. :rockon

I didn't even consider it a bonus when we bought the truck a week ago, now it's like how could i ever have lived without it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
loufish said:
Well, hurry up and get one....:rockon
Ok boys....I'm an owner! Yesterday, I went to look at a used '06 a local dealer had, but it turned out to be a little ratted out. It had a nice Nismo exhaust, but after test driving for 20 minutes, I was convinced I'd get tired if the louder exaust after a while. It sounded beefy though........

So I walked out with a new SE KB Black on tan, with Tow pkg, Utili-Track, and some other package with the Blue Tooth and stuff......

Man, this thing is a beast!:rockon....Can't wait to load up the bikes!

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
So I walked out with a new SE KB Black on tan, with Tow pkg, Utili-Track, and some other package with the Blue Tooth and stuff......
that's what i'm talkin' about!
I'm spoiled, this is my first new veh I've ever bought(I had new motorcycles, just never a truck) and I like all the "stuff" on my SE...This Titan will be with me for awhile...

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
ericgst said:
Can that deal still be found?
Ha good luck finding one wheel at that price!

Just powdercoat and and anodise hubs and rims you have now. Cheaper, and stock rims are just as strong as excels. Cheaper way to go too (barely, i seem to bend either lol)

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
450xDaD said:
Ok boys....I'm an owner! Yesterday, I went to look at a used '06 a local dealer had, but it turned out to be a little ratted out. It had a nice Nismo exhaust, but after test driving for 20 minutes, I was convinced I'd get tired if the louder exaust after a while. It sounded beefy though........

Man, this thing is a beast!:rockon....Can't wait to load up the bikes!
BTW congrats!! these things are a blast to drive

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks. Sweet CRF bother. It looks pretty well tricked out. Wave rotors, hole shot device, carbon fiber case gaurd, triple clams, Ak exhaust(?) and AM bars.....you got it all. Mines pretty much stock with the exception of the exhaust system, and suspension. I'd post a pic of my 450R, but I'm still under that noob restriction :huh:...Bastards.

Me and my 12 y/o son are going on a boys only, 4 day riding excursion in the North Georgia Mountains (durhamtown.com) in just a couple days. Can't wait. Hopefully my bed extender will be in before I leave. I'ts gonna be nice not to have to pull that trailer with the Jeep for 350 miles.

Now we're riding in style............

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
450xDaD said:
Thanks. Sweet CRF bother. It looks pretty well tricked out. Wave rotors, hole shot device, carbon fiber case gaurd, triple clams, Ak exhaust(?) and AM bars.....you got it all. Mines pretty much stock with the exception of the exhaust system, and suspension. I'd post a pic of my 450R, but I'm still under that noob restriction :huh:...Bastards.

Me and my 12 y/o son are going on a boys only, 4 day riding excursion in the North Georgia Mountains (durhamtown.com) in just a couple days. Can't wait. Hopefully my bed extender will be in before I leave. I'ts gonna be nice not to have to pull that trailer with the Jeep for 350 miles.

Now we're riding in style............
Thanx, Yoshi exhaust actually. Actually i wouldnt recromend Carbon muffler to anyone. ITs nice cause it saves weight but the things are so brittle. if you dont change the packing in time it will burn a hole through the canister! Unfortunatly i know from experience...dope!!! Most of the stuff can from sponsors, if i had to pay for it my bike would be stock too lol

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
If youload the bikes in at the veryedge of the side of the bed, then turn ur handlebars IN, so that bars are in looked position, tire stopped below center of back window, you can close the gate. This only works on kingcabs though. Also with the bars turnened and locked you dont have to woory about it falling over cause it will NOT move. Have fun! I go up to Lake isabella by the Kern river every thanksgiving to ride. Nice black dirt and hills and trees. Really cool terrain and forest

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
If youload the bikes in at the veryedge of the side of the bed, then turn ur handlebars IN, so that bars are in looked position, tire stopped below center of back window, you can close the gate. This only works on kingcabs though.
Not mine...bars turned, still not able to close t-gate...had this same issue discussed over at ThumperTalk.com...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I did a trial-run loading the bikes in preparation of our camping trip later this week. Good thing I ordered that bed extender, because there's no way I will be geting that t-gate shut with all my crap. It should be in tommorrow.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
loufish said:
Not mine...bars turned, still not able to close t-gate...had this same issue discussed over at ThumperTalk.com...
Hmm, maby your bike has an extra long wheelbase lol. Even though the dimensions of the bed say the same as my old silverado, its a tighter fit in the titan. I blame it on the utilitrac side pieces taking up room and the plastic peice on the tailgate. if i didnt have that it would be easier even though its only around an inch wide or so. Somtimes have to roll the rear tire forward while i shut the tailgate to unload the suspension. If anything you can always do it this way with one bike. it will never move like it can when straight in. ill take a pic next time

·
Registered
66 Posts
450xDaD said:
I did a trial-run loading the bikes in preparation of our camping trip later this week. Good thing I ordered that bed extender, because there's no way I will be geting that t-gate shut with all my crap. It should be in tommorrow.
I hope you got the utilitrac one if you plan to use it with dirtbikes. I have the standard one and can not use it because it requires to be dropped straight down on the mounting points then twisted into place. It is not possible to do that because the bike is in the way.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts