Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
9,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are into July of 2012 now, and no new information on the Titan. Nissan has been advertising the 5 all new models thing, and it's clear not one of them is a Titan.

I was kind of expecting 2013 to be the model year of the all new Titan, and usually you at least get some kind of leak even before the new design hits auto-shows. Nothing? Are they waiting for the 10th anniversary of the Titan and 2014?

Seriously, any ideas when we will at least get something?

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Sweet, my tailgate has a large dent in it from the previous owner haha. Probably a $700 assembly from Nissan...

All of the rumors have pointed at 2014, they may release some info next summer.

Edit: Current tailgate assembly is $565...darn

Chris C.
2010 Titan SE
MDE250 + MSE300 In.The.Works

·
Premium Member
15,572 Posts
that tailgate looks hideous. looks like every other truck on the market. At least the current one is unique.

i hope that isnt the stance for the new rigs. That thing has one heck of a rake to it.

·
Registered
14,082 Posts
I was guessing that next summer we might get more info. Maybe some stuff will leak out before then.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
a new tailgate design...about time...my current one bites, of course the previous owner tuned it up for me and I would love to replace it if I could fine a nice one (affordable) in Smoke

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
The only thing I can think of is Nissan doesn't have any love for Titan with its poor sales.
2011 sales figures:
Altima 268k units
Rogue 124k units
Versa 99k units
Murano 53k units
Frontier 51k units
Titan 22k units

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
The only thing I can think of is Nissan doesn't have any love for Titan with its poor sales.
2011 sales figures:
Altima 268k units
Rogue 124k units
Versa 99k units
Murano 53k units
Frontier 51k units
Titan 22k units
Wow that's way more than I imagined... Weren't previous years in the 8-9k in sales for the Titan?

Chris C.
2010 Titan SE

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Wow that's way more than I imagined... Weren't previous years in the 8-9k in sales for the Titan?
They actually sold a lot of Titan's in 04 and 05. Almost made their goal of 100k units a year.

2004:83,848
2005:86,945
2006:72,192
2007:65,746
2008:34,053
2009:19,042
2010:23,416
2011:21,994
2012: YTD *8347

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
didn't realize we were THAT much of a minority...no wonder they're stroking it on the release of a new model...Someone had eluded to the fact that Nissan may be waiting for Toyota to do all the heavy lifting on this just to prove the Jap Full size market is viable over the Big 3.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I'm also wondering if all the GREAT press on the crappy rear-ends, stupid manifold design and other such lovelies have curbed the enthusiasm of other possible Titan buyers. These thing can be a bit of a money pit.

·
Banned
2,051 Posts
I'm also wondering if all the GREAT press on the crappy rear-ends, stupid manifold design and other such lovelies have curbed the enthusiasm of other possible Titan buyers. These thing can be a bit of a money pit.
You nailed it. And that's why alot of the Titan owners are jumping to other brands. I myself will be, when it finally dies. I have to keep it maintained until the wife's new car is paid for, and then I get something new, and I can tell you now, it won't be a Titan. Unless of Course they do something completely different, and re-design some of the stupid crap on it.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
They actually sold a lot of Titan's in 04 and 05. Almost made their goal of 100k units a year.

2004:83,848
2005:86,945
2006:72,192
2007:65,746
2008:34,053
2009:19,042
2010:23,416
2011:21,994
2012: YTD *8347
Wow those sales are WAY higher than I thought... Still though, Chevy/Ford would have both discontinued it in 2008 with forecasted sales under 30,000 - props to Nissan for hanging on to their only full size truck.

I've only had mine a year and love it. I have a goal to keep it until 200k miles (currently 42k) or until gas is $10/gal whichever comes first lol

Chris C.
2010 Titan SE

·
Registered
989 Posts
that tailgate looks hideous. looks like every other truck on the market. At least the current one is unique.
Agreed. I can spot a Titan (or Frontier) from a mile away because of the unique tailgate design. It is something I really hope they keep.

Nissan has had the Titan platform (shared with many of their other vehicles) around for so long now that I'm sure it has paid for itself by now. They are probably making a decent profit on every Titan sold. Besides, the Altima is their real money maker.

·
Banned
3,359 Posts
Agreed. I can spot a Titan (or Frontier) from a mile away because of the unique tailgate design. It is something I really hope they keep.

Nissan has had the Titan platform (shared with many of their other vehicles) around for so long now that I'm sure it has paid for itself by now. They are probably making a decent profit on every Titan sold. Besides, the Altima is their real money maker.
If they could ever get ahead of exhaust manifold cat failures and CVT transmission problems along with motor mounts in those cars.

·
Registered
989 Posts
If they could ever get ahead of exhaust manifold cat failures and CVT transmission problems along with motor mounts in those cars.
They must be doing something right if that many people are buying them though. Every vehicle has its problems.

Me personally, I'll do my best to avoid anything that has a CVT or a transverse mounted engine.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
I've been doing a lot of thinking on this, and since my truck is finally 94.7% the way I want it, I'm not going to replace it for the foreseeable future (at least not replaced with another truck). I'll keep my baby till the wheels fall off. She's 8 yrs old with 61K miles, still going strong, and I've replaced most of the "Problem" items.

Once I cut down the majority of my student loans in 5-7 yrs, I'll look at an SUV. Armada if they redesign it a bit, otherwise it will be a Toyota Sequoia or Lexus.

/end of ramble.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I was speaking to someone high up at a very large Nissan Dealership on Friday, just for fun I asked when the new Titan would be coming out.

He claimed that the reps from Nissan told them that there would be a new model Titan for 2015 released in late 2014.

How much truth there is in that, I'm not sure but he didn't come across as a guy who would make that up.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Catch 22 they don't have big sales numbers because the Titan is way to outdated compared to the competition so they can't justify spending the money. but because they haven't redone it they have bad sales.......

Next chevy will be way lighter and have direct injection which will up the power and Mpg. Ford will be going lighter to. It's about time trucks are wy too heavy they an be. Just as strong and lighter. Nissan had better be pulling out all the stops or it won't be worth it to. Bother with a redesign.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts