Nissan Titan Forum banner

61 - 80 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
New Tundra coming in 2014 as well. Going to be lots of options for the new truck buyer, which is a very good thing.

I am in the same boat as you, I like the luxury trucks. I bought my SE b/c it was a great deal at the time, but now I want all the bells and whistles in my next Titan.
The new tundra is quite possibly the ugliest pickup on the market, just like the rest of their lineup save the Tacoma.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
370 Posts
The new tundra is quite possibly the ugliest pickup on the market, just like the rest of their lineup save the Tacoma.
I agree, I don't know what the heck Toyota is thinking with the latest update. It doesn't look very different, and the lack of a new engine options is a real headscratcher. They put amazing little diesel powerplants in their vehicles in other markets like Australia, I can't figure out why they don't offer them as an option here.

·
Registered
14,082 Posts
Emissions. That's why

·
Banned
3,359 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Found this posted in March.

it looks to me as if this regular titan smashed head first into a wall. im giving Nissan 1 more year if they don't get it together then ive lost all hope, going to look into wrx concept or raptor or maybe even chevy :/

·
Registered
605 Posts
Yep... looks like they slapped the NV grill and lights onto an existing Titan.

·
Super Moderator
159,837 Posts
It's a mutt, a mule. I'm still holding out hope that they can give the Titan a look that's an evolution of it's current design while keeping in mind what their competition is offering. And the Big 3 have some very nice looking offerings indeed. They'll never get the sales of the Big 3 out of their truck, but they can sure take a big bite out of the truck drivers who aren't brand loyal. They're going to have to bring their A-game, though. The bar's been set pretty high by Ford and Ram especially. And it's critical that they give "Joe Plumber" a truck that he can use as a part of the Titan's overall success.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I love my truck but its getting close to 10 years old. I have never kept a vehicle as long as I have kept this truck, and that's b/c it still looks great, does everything I want it to do, and has been extremely reliable. The only thing its missing for me really is fuel efficiency. If Nissan can give me a truck as good as the one I already have with much improved fuel economy and a bit more technology, then I am a buyer for sure.

If only they would hurry and give me some hope, I drive past the Dodge dealer everyday and they are starting to look mighty tempting...

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Don't do it! You'll end up saying "it looks great, does everything I want it to do, and is extremely fuel efficient. The only thing its missing is reliability"
Yea, I have stopped at the Dodge dealer a couple times looking at Rams, the last time I rulled it out. I'm 6'8" and its just to cramped for me up front not to mention it brought back memories of my last Dodge and all the repairs it needed after 60K miles. My 05 still runs like a champ and looks like new but starting to get that new car itch and I hope Nissan gets a new truck out before I do something stupid.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'm just hope they do bring the quad cab full bed out cause it would be really hard to get rid of my Silverado for anything less what I already have. I have been considering an 08 but rather wait for diesel cause that's what I really want

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
Nismo better do something special for the titan this time, say the VK56VD 7spd auto in a RCSB or king cab setup, with some Nismo exhaust/intake parts and suspension goodies. I think 420-440hp is a good start.

·
Registered
14,082 Posts
Nismo better do something special for the titan this time, say the VK56VD 7spd auto in a RCSB or king cab setup, with some Nismo exhaust/intake parts and suspension goodies. I think 420-440hp is a good start.
I doubt nismo does anything.:crying::crying::crying:

·
Super Moderator
159,837 Posts
Don't count Nismo out on the next gen. They're in a larger facility and doing their thing to more of Nissan's lineup. They "Nismo'd" a Leaf, for crying out loud.

·
Registered
14,082 Posts
Don't count Nismo out on the next gen. They're in a larger facility and doing their thing to more of Nissan's lineup. They "Nismo'd" a Leaf, for crying out loud.
didnt know that. Cool.:read::read::read:

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
The VK56VD in the Titan will probably be setup just like in the QX56 power wise.

I wonder if i could just order a 2012 Titan KC or CC body frame etc with the VK56VD and 7spd auto lol.

Nissan Titan V-Spec

61 - 80 of 109 Posts