Nissan Titan Forum banner

101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Well my truck is a 2011 with only 27k miles on it. Had an 06 with 93k miles before this one. So I can wait and even wait a couple years after they release the new model to wait for any fixes they need to do, if any. My wife wants this to be my last truck but who knows after a new Titan is released. Wish I could see some leaked pics.

·
Premium Member
73,620 Posts
Truth be told I'm not sure I'd buy a new one because I'd hate to give up my old one. I don't need two pick up trucks....

The way I look at replacement parts is that they wear and the vehicle has lasted me long enough to wear out some items and in today's society that is impressive.

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
I'm about to roll 140k miles, and I'm need of some maintenance.

Rear axles are leaking ~ $700ish
Manifolds are cracked ~ $1400 if I go the cajun B pipes
Needs new shocks and struts ~ $400ish for Blistens
Amp died (I think I hope its not wiring) ~ $50 from TT User Vilim
The windows start buffeting around 75mph road noise is unbearable ~ no clue

All in all I can't really afford to fix the problems I got, much less buy a new truck. I'm kinda glad its not coming out until late next year. Gives me time to get my **** together. The kids don't want to live with their mom, so if I can get them, I don't have to pay child support and maybe wont feel so dam broke all the time.
Divorce sure is hard on the pocket book, among other things. I got a sister in law going through a divorce right now, I never realized how hard that is on a person.

1) You now have to support two living situations on the same amount of income.
2) You are raising kids with someone who you have a track record of having irreconcilable difference with.
3) Lawyers love to put gasoline on the fire. The more you hate each other, the more of your net worth that is transferred to them in legal fees.

No Bueno.

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
Truth be told I'm not sure I'd buy a new one because I'd hate to give up my old one. I don't need two pick up trucks....

The way I look at replacement parts is that they wear and the vehicle has lasted me long enough to wear out some items and in today's society that is impressive.
Am I the only one who has zero in interest in a Titan now? All the other manufacturers have a far superior product.

The titan has gone from innovator to dinosaur.

Ford or Toyota if I were to buy one today...but with Gas prices where they are, I won't be buying another truck (i'm in the "like" trucks not "need" trucks category).

·
Premium Member
73,620 Posts
Am I the only one who has zero in interest in a Titan now? All the other manufacturers have a far superior product.

The titan has gone from innovator to dinosaur.

Ford or Toyota if I were to buy one today...but with Gas prices where they are, I won't be buying another truck (i'm in the "like" trucks not "need" trucks category).
I never hate agreeing with you or your statements, I hate how innovative the F-150 seems to be. I still think Toyota's are pieces of **** and will never own one. Nissan (IMO) has a well proven track record in the area of manufacturing.

For Nissan to survive they have to make an impact on the truck market and if you own one then you already know why in 2004 they did just that. If you've been clenching your sphincter for the last decade waiting for "what's next" join the club.

For me a truck was the next logical choice for vehicle purchase as it suited my lifestyle. I need a truck, plain and simple. And since I'm a bit old school for my age bracket I'd like to stay in the same manufacturer's line of vehicles which creates a problem for me: My family is growing and in time my towing capacity will have to increase. That being said what are my logical choices in the next level of Truck?

Nissan has an existing platform in a light truck but also a proven model in the medium duty truck segment being the NV van. There is no shortage of Titan wish list parts but realistically looking at the global inventory of what Nissan owns and has it's foolish to not hop into the next category, 3/4 ton market segment.

The reason this probably won't happen is the bean counter hasn't seen enough sales in the 1/2 market segment to make a splash in the fiscal pool. Tooling is expensive, chassis design is expensive. being innovative in a down economy is risky and expensive.

Enter Fred Diaz and the diesel 1/2 ton. I can't lie, I got a bit of a chubby when the news was announced but with another delay (most likely on lots in November as a 2015 model year) it's just stale. They aren't marketing it and the Nissan shining start in the rags is going to be the GTR for quite some time as it just kicks so much ***.

The other problem is the bad taste former owner's probably still have with the failures they've experience in these trucks and who can blame them? Personally I've had few issues with my '04 and nothing to turn me off to the brand. I'll be honest when I say I've thrown the world at this truck and she's delivered almost every time, I've always driven her home under her own power but I am not the typical owner and I realize this.

So what does all the verbal diarrhea equate too? Still no new Titan, marketing, or buzz around the brand. Nissan, knock my socks off I've been waiting.

Unfortunately since I already have a pick up my logical daily driver would probably be upgraded to an Armada, I wish they made an Armada XL, I'll probably need the room eventually :lol:

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
I never hate agreeing with you or your statements, I hate how innovative the F-150 seems to be. I still think Toyota's are pieces of **** and will never own one. Nissan (IMO) has a well proven track record in the area of manufacturing.

For Nissan to survive they have to make an impact on the truck market and if you own one then you already know why in 2004 they did just that. If you've been clenching your sphincter for the last decade waiting for "what's next" join the club.

For me a truck was the next logical choice for vehicle purchase as it suited my lifestyle. I need a truck, plain and simple. And since I'm a bit old school for my age bracket I'd like to stay in the same manufacturer's line of vehicles which creates a problem for me: My family is growing and in time my towing capacity will have to increase. That being said what are my logical choices in the next level of Truck?

Nissan has an existing platform in a light truck but also a proven model in the medium duty truck segment being the NV van. There is no shortage of Titan wish list parts but realistically looking at the global inventory of what Nissan owns and has it's foolish to not hop into the next category, 3/4 ton market segment.

The reason this probably won't happen is the bean counter hasn't seen enough sales in the 1/2 market segment to make a splash in the fiscal pool. Tooling is expensive, chassis design is expensive. being innovative in a down economy is risky and expensive.

Enter Fred Diaz and the diesel 1/2 ton. I can't lie, I got a bit of a chubby when the news was announced but with another delay (most likely on lots in November as a 2015 model year) it's just stale. They aren't marketing it and the Nissan shining start in the rags is going to be the GTR for quite some time as it just kicks so much ***.

The other problem is the bad taste former owner's probably still have with the failures they've experience in these trucks and who can blame them? Personally I've had few issues with my '04 and nothing to turn me off to the brand. I'll be honest when I say I've thrown the world at this truck and she's delivered almost every time, I've always driven her home under her own power but I am not the typical owner and I realize this.

So what does all the verbal diarrhea equate too? Still no new Titan, marketing, or buzz around the brand. Nissan, knock my socks off I've been waiting.

Unfortunately since I already have a pick up my logical daily driver would probably be upgraded to an Armada, I wish they made an Armada XL, I'll probably need the room eventually :lol:
Don't hold your breath for Nissan to release something great in this area...the full size truck market is so competitive...and Nissan, as you stated, isn't hitting the targets needed to justify the investment in R&D, tooling, etc.

I've had a few issues with my Nissan, leading me away from the brand on my next purchase....I'll probably pick up a Subaru next, like every other person in seattle.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Don't hold your breath for Nissan to release something great in this area...the full size truck market is so competitive...and Nissan, as you stated, isn't hitting the targets needed to justify the investment in R&D, tooling, etc.

I've had a few issues with my Nissan, leading me away from the brand on my next purchase....I'll probably pick up a Subaru next, like every other person in seattle.

I had the usuall issues when my titan was new like manifolds and the brake fix, but now that my Titan is nine years old its really beginning to show its superiortity to the past trucks I had before. I havn't had any non maintenance issues with the truck since I can remember, my last Dodge had the head gasket, starter, brakes three times, about every pump go out, ball joints and more, non of that on the Titan.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
101 - 109 of 109 Posts