Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've only had my Titan since the end of September and only have 700 miles on it. about 150 miles ago I put a JBA catback on it and just yesterday a Service Engine soon light lit up. Checking the manual it says a solid light means an emision problem. The gas cap is on tight and I crawled under her today and checked the connections and everything is tight. So I'm wondering if the exhaust is causing it or something else? Do you think if I take it to the dealer they will give me crap and not even deal with it at all for having an aftermarket exhaust? Any opinions would be great...thanks in advance!

·
Registered
274 Posts
First try resetting the ECU. You can do it yourself, it is free, and it is worth the try. Use the search function and look for a thread with instructions. If it does not go away, then take it in.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, I'll give that a try... thanks guys!

·
Super Moderator
93,617 Posts
Interesting, I installed a JBA on my 07 and never had an issue.

·
Registered
275 Posts
My SES light came on last week. There are instructions in the "How To" thread that tells you how to read the code and then there is a link to see what the code is. I had code P1000 and could not figure out what the problem was. I did some searching and it appears the system that checks for problems could not complete its check. I cleared the code and drove it around and checked for any codes and nothing.
________
VAPORIZER

1 - 7 of 7 Posts