Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck is a 2004 with 200700 miles, which I bought in May 2004, It has never had a check engine light or service engine light, but yesterday on the way home from work the service engine light came on. The code was P1148 Closed Loop B1, and on my reader the C, O and EV were flashing. I checked the o2 sensor fuse and it is OK, how many and what kind of O2 sensors does the 04 Titan have?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Not sure about the earliest, as it seems like some of them had a slightly different cat setup, but the T (generally speaking) has four O2 sensors. Two before the primary cats, and two after. Obviously, by two, I mean one on each side. B1 is Bank 1, which is passenger side, maybe? I forget right now.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
earlier 2wd's had resonators instead of secondary cats, so they only had one set of 02 sensors.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
earlier 2wd's had resonators instead of secondary cats, so they only had one set of 02 sensors.
My Titan is a 2004, 2 wheel drive, and it has 4 O2 sensors, or 4 sensors of some kind in the exhaust, the ones in front of the cats are 5 wire, the ones in back of the resonators are 4 wire.

·
Registered
511 Posts
time to replace all four based on that mileage. O2's are a wear item. The slower they operate(from age and contamination), the leaner your engine runs. Sooner than later your cats self destruct from the lean A/F. They can also, due to other reasons fail and cause rich A/F with it's own set of issues to fix, but in either case....they have to be replaced.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Bank 1 sensor 1 is driver side upstream (front sensor). Bank 2 sensor 1 is passenger side upstream. Bank 1 sensor 2 downstream, etc. If you haven't replaced any sensors within 70k I'd suggest just replacing them all.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bank 1 sensor 1 is driver side upstream (front sensor). Bank 2 sensor 1 is passenger side upstream. Bank 1 sensor 2 downstream, etc. If you haven't replaced any sensors within 70k I'd suggest just replacing them all.
This is a page out of the 2004 Titan service manual, it shows bank 1 as passenger side

This is a image from the Internet, it shows bank as driver side, but if I replace them all, then I will get the right one.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Has any one used these? "Kwiksen Heated 4Pcs Air Fuel Ratio O2 sensors"

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
it'd be easier to buy a new titan. Titan XD gasser to tow your camper up to colorado. (doubt you wanna deal with the new diesel crap since you probably don't put tons of hard miles on your truck every day)

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
rholland I just used Bosch sensors when I replaced mine.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
rholland I just used Bosch sensors when I replaced mine.
I use Bosch sensors on my motorcycle and know they are good, I was able to get the Kwiksen Air Fuel Ratio O2 sensors, all 4 for $225, so I ordered them, I will be buying a new truck before July and will probably trade the Titan in, just did not want the service engine soon, light to be on.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The front driver side was a bear to change, had to remove the front wheel and inner fender, cut the O2 sensor off with a dremel tool with a cut off wheel and then use a deep impact sock and impact wrench. The back sensors were easy to change, will do the right side O2 sensor this weekend.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Passenger is much easier than driver. No brake lines in the way.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Passenger is much easier than driver. No brake lines in the way.

That is what I was thinking/hoping, just ran out of time last night and needed the truck to get to work this morning.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Today I finished the O2 sensors change out. I still had to pull the right front wheel, the inner fender, removed the sensor, replace everything, don e in about a hour.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts